+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Mine was arrived Feb 1, no update too
Mine was delivered on Jan 18, but there are no updates.

It is really surprising, how they are processing random mails and handing out PR card. Whether the person is known to you who received it after sending the photos in mid Feb by postal mail?

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Like a lot of others I need to go back home (India) and am waiting for my COPR document, got the approval on March 17th, do I have to wait for my PR card before I can go home? If I apply for a PRTD from India, are there chances of rejection? How much time does it take?
Also, how much time should I expect for the COPR document email?

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Like a lot of others I need to go back home (India) and am waiting for my COPR document, got the approval on March 17th, do I have to wait for my PR card before I can go home? If I apply for a PRTD from India, are there chances of rejection? How much time does it take?
Also, how much time should I expect for the COPR document email?
I am asking ircc to send the card to my friend's and she will send the card to me back home. This card could take up to a year so there is no need to wait for it. There is always risks and chances of rejection and i am willing to take it.

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
I am asking ircc to send the card to my friend's and she will send the card to me back home. This card could take up to a year so there is no need to wait for it. There is always risks and chances of rejection and i am willing to take it.
Thanks for the update, I’ll also ask my friend to keep an eye on my mailbox, just don’t want to be stuck back home since I have a job here, will need to come back in a month or so. Have you received your CoPR document? When did you get the approval?

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
Thanks for the update, I’ll also ask my friend to keep an eye on my mailbox, just don’t want to be stuck back home since I have a job here, will need to come back in a month or so. Have you received your CoPR document? When did you get the approval?
I would not recommend that you only go back for a month because PRTD might take longer and it can only be applied in your home country.
I have received my copr, and I have sent the photo for the pr. But the difference is i will be going away for over a year so I am in no rush to reenter Canada.

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
I would not recommend that you only go back for a month because PRTD might take longer and it can only be applied in your home country.
I have received my copr, and I have sent the photo for the pr. But the difference is i will be going away for over a year so I am in no rush to reenter Canada.
Only in home country?
Please be accurate in such information. it's NOT true you can apply for PRTD from home country ONLY. If you're from country B and you traveled to country C, you can still apply for PRTD from country C, by contacting the consulate and visa office there.

Also bare in mind you mentioned that there is a ' risk ' of getting a PRTD rejection. Kindly note that PRTD rejection mainly happens for two reasons:

1. You failed to prove that you can meet the residency requirements ( like for example if you've been away and you can't meet the minimum of 2 years out of 5, like in your case it's fine because you just got COPR and you are planning to stay for only one year in your home country)
2. If it's proven that you are a security risk to Canada ( a generic procedure in all visas around the world )

The way you said it that it is " risky " and that there is a " chance " to get rejected may spread panic. If you haven't been away for ages and you're not security risk, no need for thinking about refusal.

Reactions: Adp1724

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
Only in home country?
Please be accurate in such information. it's NOT true you can apply for PRTD from home country ONLY. If you're from country B and you traveled to country C, you can still apply for PRTD from country C, by contacting the consulate and visa office there.

Also bare in mind you mentioned that there is a ' risk ' of getting a PRTD rejection. Kindly note that PRTD rejection mainly happens for two reasons:

1. You failed to prove that you can meet the residency requirements ( like for example if you've been away and you can't meet the minimum of 2 years out of 5, like in your case it's fine because you just got COPR and you are planning to stay for only one year in your home country)
2. If it's proven that you are a security risk to Canada ( a generic procedure in all visas around the world )

The way you said it that it is " risky " and that there is a " chance " to get rejected may spread panic. If you haven't been away for ages and you're not security risk, no need for thinking about refusal.
Whenever you apply something , there is always a "Risk" and a "chance of rejection" associated with it, even if you applied for PR with all correct and sufficient info, we cannot say that you 100% will get approved. So i believe my saying about the fact that risks are associated with it is correct.
I apoplogized about the "home country"point, you can apply your PRTD from ANY country other than Canada.

Reactions: Fadros

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Whenever you apply something , there is always a "Risk" and a "chance of rejection" associated with it, even if you applied for PR with all correct and sufficient info, we cannot say that you 100% will get approved. So i believe my saying about the fact that risks are associated with it is correct.
I apoplogized about the "home country"point, you can apply your PRTD from ANY country other than Canada.
Yeah man... there is always a risk for anything. There is a risk one would die tomorrow, I just want to highlight that getting a PRTD rejected is not like getting a tourist visa rejected. It's more like it's based on something and not on the officer's full discretion like tourist visas.

Just to let you all know, PRTD is valid for six months, and it's valid for only ONE entry. CIC advices to apply at least six weeks before your intended travel date. If your travel plan is urgent, you will have to mark your application with " Urgent ".

Since It's valid for 6 months, it is recommended that you apply 3 or 4 months before your intended travel date. That's why what @dondraper1996 said about PRTD being not practical for short term travel is true.

This is the link for PRTD six months validity

IRCC OFFICIAL TWITTER ACCOUNT

Safe travels @dondraper1996.

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
Yeah man... there is always a risk for anything. There is a risk one would die tomorrow, I just want to highlight that getting a PRTD rejected is not like getting a tourist visa rejected. It's more like it's based on something and not on the officer's full discretion like tourist visas.

Just to let you all know, PRTD is valid for six months, and it's valid for only ONE entry. CIC advices to apply at least six weeks before your intended travel date. If your travel plan is urgent, you will have to mark your application with " Urgent ".

Since It's valid for 6 months, it is recommended that you apply 3 or 4 months before your intended travel date. That's why what @dondraper1996 said about PRTD being not practical for short term travel is true.

This is the link for PRTD six months validity

IRCC OFFICIAL TWITTER ACCOUNT

Safe travels @dondraper1996.
Thanks. I hope i dont actually have to get a PRTD to come back as the PR card should have been sent to me from Canada... assuming Etobicoke doesnt take more than a year to issue my card :)

rajneesh.k

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
How long PRTD takes normally? Can I travel after applying for PR Card. Need to travel for 6 weeks & PRTD can be applied only from outside Canada. I have multiple entry business visa valid till 2023. Does the business visa automatically gets cancelled after PR approval? Means, I can't use that to reenter Canada & only options are either PR card or PRTD.

Nov 28, 2020
Has anyone even seen an update on their PR card application lately?I have sent my photos on Nov 15th and no update yet

d13

Jun 9, 2020
I am tired of this waiting for PR card.i Don't know what to do..for approval of PR I already waited and now for these no updates from 3 months.. please update if anyone get pr card.frustated

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Just saw this post in another forum. I hope they will send the ePortal invitation to all of us since no one is handling the photos by mail!

Anyone send photos to Etobicoke?

I send photos on November and they received it in 2 days. After 4 months I got the update with a Portal saying I have to upload photo in to that. I send a mail to them asking what happened with the photos I send through canada post and never got a reply back.

And few weeks before my friend got the portal and COPR and he uploaded the photos 2 weeks before. He received the PR card today. Any idea what is happening here?