+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Timeline (Airport landing or physical Flagpole ONLY) 2022

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Received update today that PR card approved and mailed out. Is there any way to verify mailing address?

I moved few months ago, the officer did update the address during landing process, and new address is showing under "home address" on Ecas login, but I don't see any mailing address in Ecas, nor in My Account.
If it is updated by officer then that's where you are getting your card. Congratulations!

Reactions: kulb

Isabelle Melo

Jun 10, 2022
I landed at YYZ on May 14rd with my husband and until today we don’t receive any update about the card. I couldn’t link my PR process my GCKey as well. I don’t have any idea about my process status, and I already back in my country. I need stay here for a few months. Anyone with the same problem?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I landed at YYZ on May 14rd with my husband and until today we don’t receive any update about the card. I couldn’t link my PR process my GCKey as well. I don’t have any idea about my process status, and I already back in my country. I need stay here for a few months. Anyone with the same problem?
It's far too early to expect anything. 30 days would be fast to get card by mail, up to 120 days normal.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
And my mom's PR card arrived today!

Timeline: Landed @ YYZ Apr 14, PR card received June 13.

Good luck to everyone else here waiting for theirs and hope it comes for you all soon!

Reactions: RguhsDUDE

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
And my mom's PR card arrived today!

Timeline: Landed @ YYZ Apr 14, PR card received June 13.

Good luck to everyone else here waiting for theirs and hope it comes for you all soon!
Oh WOW! that was very fast? do you live next door to them? lol kidding. Congratulations!

• Haha
Reactions: kulb

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Arrived at Montreal (new PR): Mar 1, 2022
Application linked online: Mar 10, 2022
Called and spoke to the agent at 18882422100: June 14, 2022, and was told that there was no Canadian address in the file to send the PR. Even though it was given to the agent at the time of the immigration process.:mad: The address has been updated in their system now and was told it takes 70 days now.

• Angry
Reactions: RguhsDUDE

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Despite current Canadian address asked at the airport, my parents cards are being mailed to my 10 yrs old address(the address when came to Canada first time while on visitor visa). This is insanity. just CRAZY. Good thing I called IRCC call center to confirm which address they sent them to. At least I won't be looking in my mailbox everyday.

• Angry
Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Despite current Canadian address asked at the airport, my parents cards are being mailed to my 10 yrs old address(the address when came to Canada first time while on visitor visa). This is insanity. just CRAZY. Good thing I called IRCC call center to confirm which address they sent them to. At least I won't be looking in my mailbox everyday.
Looks like CBSA officiers are not doing their job properly during the landing process... may be that need to be raise to IRCC...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Looks like CBSA officiers are not doing their job properly during the landing process... may be that need to be raise to IRCC...
It is disturbing - and I'd go past the oversight of the CBSA officer in this relatively isolated incidence.

What's disturbing is that SO MANY of the posts and threads here basically come down to problems of how to update addresses, addresses not being updated (after applicants trying to), applications sent back to wrong addresses, PR cards not sent to correct addresses, documents going missing because IRCC not sending to the right address, etc. And that's only scratching the surface of potential seriousness, there are cases where hypothetically reports of non-compliance could come after a border crossing ... but how can a PR know something happened if they can't trust IRCC to send to the right address?

I understand they have some need in some cases to check the addresses provided by applicants/immigrants (that might constrain ability to just allow online updates of address to happen automatically).

But it should be possible for 'clients' to check their current mailing address and make sure it's the right one, and have it updated through some procedure if not, esp when they're waiting for something important like PR card.

[/end rant]

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
So they've already mailed out the cards to your old address, or were you able to update the address before mail out?

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Arrived at Montreal (new PR): Mar 1, 2022
Application linked online: Mar 10, 2022
Called and spoke to the agent at 18882422100: June 14, 2022, and was told that there was no Canadian address in the file to send the PR. Even though it was given to the agent at the time of the immigration process.:mad: The address has been updated in their system now and was told it takes 70 days now.
So they've already mailed out the cards to your old address, or were you able to update the address before mail out?
My dad's card had been malied out and my mom's is still in process of being printed. I called for them to update address at least for my Mom because its still in production, the agent said its still too late to inform them and the card will only be mailed to the old address. Isn't this CRAZY! My case I still live in the same town and I called my previous landlord and they agreed to keep my cards when received. Good news is I just now received a call from my former landlord to go and pick up my dad's PR Card! So happy ending at the end for me! still waiting for my mom's card though.

• Wow
Reactions: kulb and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My dad's card had been malied out and my mom's is still in process of being printed. I called for them to update address at least for my Mom because its still in production, the agent said its still too late to inform them and the card will only be mailed to the old address. Isn't this CRAZY! My case I still live in the same town and I called my previous landlord and they agreed to keep my cards when received. Good news is I just now received a call from my former landlord to go and pick up my dad's PR Card! So happy ending at the end for me! still waiting for my mom's card though.
glad that you have a good previous landlord. :)

Shocking how address change is being handled (or not handled)

Reactions: armoured