Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Parents Arrived at YVR : April 17/2022
Application Linked online for both for PR Card: April18

Reactions: PlUrb

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
I landed April 19, 2022 as a single PR. I linked my pr card application to GCKey. It says submitted. I’m hoping that new PR card applications waiting times start to drop down.

Last edited:

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Mom landed @ YYZ Apr 14. PR card application linked in My Account next day. Status says submitted.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I landed April 19, 2020 as a single PR. I linked my pr card application to GCKey. It says submitted. I’m hoping that new PR card applications waiting times start to drop down.
You landed in 2020? Or is it typo and you meant 2022?

Reactions: PlUrb

canadavisa000

Star Member
May 16, 2019
I landed at YYZ on Apr 23rd with family and updated address with IRCC on May 5th 2022 and linked with my GCKey on the same day. The application status is submitted as of now.

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
In other threads and other sites I see people posting time from ecopr to getting pr card is about a month. I wonder if those are inland applicants because I notice those like myself who landed physically in canada couple months ago still have not received anything.

I landed 21 March at yvr. Application status in gckey still says submitted.

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
Just to share with others who asked about PR Card. My parents virtual landing was on April 14th, 2022, got eCOPR on April 19th, 2022. We received PR cards yesterday May 9th, 2022. So it was about 3 weeks for us. We are in Ontario.
This thread is for those who landed physically at the ports not virtual landing.

The other threads are full of inland applicants with virtual landing time lines that are irrelevant to those who physically landed at airports.

RguhsDUDE

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
In other threads and other sites I see people posting time from ecopr to getting pr card is about a month. I wonder if those are inland applicants because I notice those like myself who landed physically in canada couple months ago still have not received anything.

Thanks for the update. I am guessing currently it is taking around 100 days for PR Card to be received. Not too long wait for you now.
I am in BC and everything depends on the PR Card. BC health Insurance requires BC Care Card enrolment which only accepts PR Card. Technically speaking COPR is Bull$HIt in BC. lol

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
Thanks for the update. I am guessing currently it is taking around 100 days for PR Card to be received. Not too long wait for you now.
I am in BC and everything depends on the PR Card. BC health Insurance requires BC Care Card enrolment which only accepts PR Card. Technically speaking COPR is Bull$HIt in BC. lol
Same situation here with me. I'm also in bc and it is painful. I had to travel and now outside Canada and sent in prtd application so I can return to canada. So im currently in limbo with no pr card and god knows how long it would take for my prtd. No passport either since I had to send it in to the embassy.

Reactions: morinda and PlUrb

kulb

Feb 11, 2018

Looks like inland applicant's are getting their PR card much sooner, within weeks rather than months, compared to outland applicant's who did physical landing.

My mom landed @ yyz a month ago, pr card status is still submitted.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Same situation here with me. I'm also in bc and it is painful. I had to travel and now outside Canada and sent in prtd application so I can return to canada. So im currently in limbo with no pr card and god knows how long it would take for my prtd. No passport either since I had to send it in to the embassy.
If you have a US Visa, you can just travel to the US and drive across the border with your passport and COPR.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
If you have a US Visa, you can just travel to the US and drive across the border with your passport and COPR.
There is no official rule about this on CBSA's website. I think it's based on border officer's discretion although most people with COPR & without an actual PR card have had success using this option.

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
There is no official rule about this on CBSA's website. I think it's based on border officer's discretion although most people with COPR & without an actual PR card have had success using this option.
It is absolutely not based on the officer's discretion. You are a legal permanent resident even without the PR card, and border agents must let you enter the country.