+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hi, it has been two months since we applied for PR card renewal but there is no update. Even, the file has not been opened yet. Does it mean that they have lost our application and we have to apply again? How much time is currently taking to renew PR card? plus is there online-application for that? Thanks.
Last update: June 29, 2022 Updated weekly
This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications, in the past. Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete.
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision. It may vary depending on how many applications we receive.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I am having issue on this portal, IMM5444 form field not showing ready for submit
I had gone through many troubles while submitting my PR Card renewal application online, and discovered some mistakes IRCC made while developing this new online application system. if IMM5444 is not ready to submit and you know you already fill all information, just look at the alternate telephone number you entered. When I fill out this form, it was filled out correctly and I saved it. Later, I discovered a mistake in information I entered, after making changes, Save & Continue button was greyed out. It took me three days to find out the error, when I click the Alternate telephone number option, it gave me error that number is not in accepted format, like I entered 647-123-4567 and system accepted in first place. But when I went to edit the IMM5444 application, Save & Continue button was greyed out, as I said it took me three days... Alternate telephone number option showed error in red, that this format is not correct, so I changed the number to 6471234567, and I was finally able to submit IMM5444.

Now, if your main application is ready but Submit button is still greyed out then, look at this:
  • provided the mandatory supporting documents: a photocopy of your primary identity document
Make sure in Document type category you selected: Passport or Other Primary ID Document and upload your passport copy.

This will enable submit button. If you have already chosen this option then make sure you fulfil these requirements:
  • completed all mandatory forms: IMM5444, Document Checklist, IMM5476 (if using a Representative)
  • provided the mandatory supporting documents: a photocopy of your primary identity document
  • included proof you paid your fees
  • uploaded a valid photo
  • completed the consent and declaration
I hope this will help you solving your issue.

Concordian777

Oct 6, 2013
This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications, in the past. Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete.
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision. It may vary depending on how many applications we receive.
Thanks for the reply. It has already been resolved. I got it.

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
same situation, applied in feb 18th, they received on march 7th. 13 year old sons came in about a month, 23 y o daughters came in 2 months, but wifes is still showing in process and it is past 90 days. Emailed them couple of times, no response. Now trying to do a prtd application online, but at the end, the submit button does not work, gives a red circle with a line going thru it.

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I had gone through many troubles while submitting my PR Card renewal application online, and discovered some mistakes IRCC made while developing this new online application system. if IMM5444 is not ready to submit and you know you already fill all information, just look at the alternate telephone number you entered. When I fill out this form, it was filled out correctly and I saved it. Later, I discovered a mistake in information I entered, after making changes, Save & Continue button was greyed out. It took me three days to find out the error, when I click the Alternate telephone number option, it gave me error that number is not in accepted format, like I entered 647-123-4567 and system accepted in first place. But when I went to edit the IMM5444 application, Save & Continue button was greyed out, as I said it took me three days... Alternate telephone number option showed error in red, that this format is not correct, so I changed the number to 6471234567, and I was finally able to submit IMM5444.

Now, if your main application is ready but Submit button is still greyed out then, look at this:
Make sure in Document type category you selected: Passport or Other Primary ID Document and upload your passport copy.

This will enable submit button. If you have already chosen this option then make sure you fulfil these requirements:
  • completed all mandatory forms: IMM5444, Document Checklist, IMM5476 (if using a Representative)
  • uploaded a valid photo
this is exactly what i was looking for, i will go back into my application and see what needs to be corrected, i think i need to upload the passport copy under passport header, will update the results

Wadanjan

Jul 10, 2017
Hi every one I have submitted my pr card renewal application for 4 nos applicants and is received on 3rd June to ircc but they have not yet acknowledged. All our pr cards are going to be expire in October 2022. Can some one guide whether to contact ircc through Web form or not

vick2307

Jul 29, 2016
Hi, it has been two months since we applied for PR card renewal but there is no update. Even, the file has not been opened yet. Does it mean that they have lost our application and we have to apply again? How much time is currently taking to renew PR card? plus is there online-application for that? Thanks.
Hi ! I have not received my card either. Decision was made in April. Do you know what can be done.

Moonshot

Jul 27, 2022
The online PR portal for card renewal is still very buggy.

My application after uploading and filling all documents still has the "submit your application" button is greyed out.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Hey Folks. I sent my paper application in early July. Regarding AOR, is that something we get an email? Or does one need an IRCC account? I use to have an IRCC account from when I applied for PR back in 2017, never really accessed it post getting the PR card. Now when I try to login using the same credentials, I get a message saying GCkey is revoked.

My PR card is expiring in Nov, and I have planned travel in Dec, so kind of concerned. Looks like they are not really committing to their 60 day processing timelines anymore?

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019

• uploaded a valid photo
how did you upload a photo. there is no tab for it to select

moonlight86

Oct 17, 2017
Hi all, I'm renewing my PR card as it has expired, it looks like we have the option to do it online now here: Sign in | Permanent Residence Portal (cic.gc.ca)
So should I create the account here? I am confused because it also says:
If you’re confirming your status as a permanent resident, when it’s time to do so we will:
  • create an account for you and
  • email you your username and temporary password
So how should I proceed? Should I create an account or IRCC is going to create an account for me and if yes, how? Appreciate your help.