+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal

Concordian777

Oct 6, 2013
Hi, it has been two months since we applied for PR card renewal but there is no update. Even, the file has not been opened yet. Does it mean that they have lost our application and we have to apply again? How much time is currently taking to renew PR card? plus is there online-application for that? Thanks.

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Hi, it has been two months since we applied for PR card renewal but there is no update. Even, the file has not been opened yet. Does it mean that they have lost our application and we have to apply again? How much time is currently taking to renew PR card? plus is there online-application for that? Thanks.
It is paper based only. When did you apply? Did you get acknowledgement email and application must have been sent through courier. Please update soon to help others in the same situation and take forward the thread with more experiences.

Concordian777

Oct 6, 2013
It is paper based only. When did you apply? Did you get acknowledgement email and application must have been sent through courier. Please update soon to help others in the same situation and take forward the thread with more experiences.
Sure, I have applied paper based on April 29th, 2022 and received AOR on June 07, 2022 confirming that they received our application on 2022/05/02.

Reshma12345

Jun 14, 2022
hi
i have applied for PR card renewal paper based, paid fees $109, how will i know that they received and accepted application

Reshma12345

Jun 14, 2022
Hi mine is same case. i have applied for PR renewal, it is paper application, sent on may 21, nothing received yet, not know whether they received it or not.

Reactions: Nur27797

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
It means they took 38 days to confirm you that they have received your application. Do you know how many days they will take to deliver renewed PR card?
It has not been acknowledged yet and have not received AOR. What I guess from the posts in the forum it is taking 40-45 days to get an acknowledgement after which they start processing

Concordian777

Oct 6, 2013
It has not been acknowledged yet and have not received AOR. What I guess from the posts in the forum it is taking 40-45 days to get an acknowledgement
It means they took 38 days to confirm you that they have received your application. Do you know how many days they will take to deliver renewed PR card?
A friend of mine got it in 4 months last year, not sure if this reference is relative anymore.

Raccon83

Jun 23, 2022
HI if someone can pls help me regarding my pr renewal
Application rcvd by cic was Feb 11 2022 . They started processing my application March 9 2022
On the tracker through cic it shows decision made March 9 but when I log in through gc key and emailed them in early may they said still in process
Till date haven't received any more updates or the card.
Impending travel in mid Aug and I am panicking
What should I do
Thanks