+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

Zahid I Khan

Jan 12, 2019
Unfortunately when you don't meet the very lenient residency requirement there are consequences. Not sure how you didn't know the rule because it is the major rule of the PR system. London is a very odd place to set up a lumber export business to South East Asia.
Honestly it's not about ignoring the leniency of the rules though we did not know of it while there but our social and domestic circumstances suddenly required a delay in the move my wife would have lost her life's hardwork which she has lost anyway and this fact was disclosed once we dealt with the situation upon settling here and trying for her integration she has a PhD from Belgium in public health and unfortunately that is not good enough for the canadian system. It's very disheartening till now and everywhere she applies it's mostly a dead end. I'm a medical doctor too and a businessman too and here I'm not good for treating a sick animal even after 30 years of experience in UK and Pakistan. Well not complaining but quite surprised so I am opting for business for now let's see which way it goes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Honestly it's not about ignoring the leniency of the rules though we did not know of it while there but our social and domestic circumstances suddenly required a delay in the move my wife would have lost her life's hardwork which she has lost anyway and this fact was disclosed once we dealt with the situation upon settling here and trying for her integration she has a PhD from Belgium in public health and unfortunately that is not good enough for the canadian system. It's very disheartening till now and everywhere she applies it's mostly a dead end. I'm a medical doctor too and a businessman too and here I'm not good for treating a sick animal even after 30 years of experience in UK and Pakistan. Well not complaining but quite surprised so I am opting for business for now let's see which way it goes.
Did you not do any research before applying? The 2 out of 5 rule is major component of the PR program and there is tons of information about how most internationally trained doctors will never be able to practice in Canada. If your wife had so many years left in a PhD it would not have made sense to apply for PR when you did. For educated people you seem to have done zero research on how to immigrate to Canada and what expect.