+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

wisetrack

Jun 18, 2018
Sharing my online application timeline:
- Dec 11th. Applied for renewal online and linked application to GC profile.
- Feb 15th - GCKey updated - Application approved and card mailed out.
Waiting to receive the card now.

wisetrack

Jun 18, 2018
Hi anyone can help me? my son just submitted the application to renew the PR card on portal, but he just realized that he made a mistake. He did not choose the family address as mailing address and only write his address in university. However he will be in coop since May. He is afraid if he will not be in his current condo at that time. so how can we inform the IRCC to change the mailing address? thank you so much!
Try submitting a webform with the updated details?

kusrbo

Feb 2, 2017
Hi, what is that you have to link to GC Profile? Besides submitting renewal form online, do we also have to create a GC profile?
How do you link to GC profile? I can't find the application number on the PR Renewal online portal. Thanks

Last edited:

kusrbo

Feb 2, 2017
Hi, what is that you have to link to GC Profile? Besides submitting renewal form online, do we also have to create a GC profile?
How do you link to GC profile? I can't find the application number on the PR Renewal online portal. Thanks
Just to provide an update.. I have received my renewed PR card today. :)
Submitted application on Feb 7th received card on Feb 20th.

Huangxyqjy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Med's Request
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-08-2014
my son submitted on Feb 10th but no update on GC file.
Have you ever received any message before the application approval?

wisetrack

Jun 18, 2018
my son submitted on Feb 10th but no update on GC file.
Have you ever received any message before the application approval?
No, the only update you get after linking is when the application is approved. There are no stages it goes through unlike a PR application.

PARSOB

Sep 22, 2018
Just to provide an update.. I have received my renewed PR card today. :)
Submitted application on Feb 7th received the card on Feb 20th.
Hi. Did you receive any email between the application submission and approval or receiving the card?
Thanks

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
PR card application timeline:
- Applied Feb 17, 2024
- Urgency requested for travel in April 24
- Card received Feb, 27 2024

Some observations:
- Online portal still shows "submitted"
- Was not able to link to GC Key
- Payload of "cases" object (in dev console) showed "Completed" from the the day after application, which was a Sunday - leads me to believe there was possibly no human involved in finalising the application
- Expiry date on card is 20 Feb 2029, which possibly means the card was printed only 3 days after application

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
- Payload of "cases" object (in dev console) showed "Completed" from the the day after application, which was a Sunday - leads me to believe there was possibly no human involved in finalising the application
This is consistent with numerous anecdotal reports in the last few months and even though it appears no one else here is willing to do the homework and make the ATI request for more, internal IRCC information about it (I'm old and tired, done my share of the legwork over the last decade and a half), it seems clear that IRCC has implemented automated decision making for online PR card applications meeting the triage criteria for low complexity . . . particularly if this follows the approach employed in pilot projects dating back to 2018.

As I have mentioned more than a few times of late, this most likely means IRCC is employing machine-learning and other AI tools in processing applications. This is great for those who have a low complex case. Fast. Compared to historical processing timelines, super fast.

Probably does not change much for the high complex case. These likely go into a non-routine processing stream such as a referral to the local office for investigation, or a referral for Secondary review, either tending to involve lengthy delays in reaching a final decision.

The impact is largely unknown for what is probably the bulk of PR card applications, no particular concern or issue so not high complex, but for whatever reason not meeting the triage criteria for "low" complex which qualifies for an automated decision. The question is to what extent might limitations in staffing and other resource allocation result in this "medium" complex group, which is quite likely most PR card applications, suffering lengthy processing timelines while those qualified for an automated decision benefit from an almost immediate approval and issuance of a new card.

This decision making is probably outside the scope of any review. The criteria will almost certainly not be available to the public. Moreover, the criteria itself is likely to evolve based on machine-learning, which could be prone to extending and expanding underlying institutional biases. Some PRs will benefit, getting a new PR card in three weeks or less, rather than ten weeks or more, for example. Others, perhaps many, may or may not benefit, or experience a detriment, a lot depending on how IRCC allocates staff and resources, on IRCC priorities. It is the prospect of severe disparity that is disconcerting, especially during periods in which routine (not automated) processing gets bogged down for this or that reason, which occasionally happens, which has at times made the routine processing timeline for PR cards exceed six months. Absent an overt issue (such as what triage categorizes as a complex case), it is a problem, a fairness of the procedure issue, if there is a four to six month disparity in the processing timelines for Canadians who equally qualify for a new PR card.

My partner mocks me for saying "the future is now," but the triteness of touting tautologies aside, it is what it is. Good news, perhaps great news for those on the benefitting side of the equation. Not so great news for many others.

Mohansh

Aug 17, 2018
Category........
CEC
Applied on 20th Feb for my husband and myself unable to link application in GC portal , checked status on inspect today says reject reason photo not meeting specifications refer IMM5455 for me and Fee not sufficient or incorrect for my husband but no messages on the portal. Should I call them?

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Update for online application:

Applied Online for renewal- 14th Feb 2024
PR card received- 29th Feb 2024

in between checked the online portal under inspect mode it was showing completed under status during 24th Feb 2024. There was no update on the online PR portal it was showing submitted. Meanwhile the portal appearance itself changed. Linked Old PR application( by using UCI and family name option) in IRCCC account. On 26th Feb 2024, it showed old PR card invalid, hinting a print action for the renewal request. However there was no update in PR portal nor we could find the new application in IRCC account. Hope those who are waiting this helps. Thanks.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hi All,
I am trying to fill in the PR renewal form through online portal, however i am stuck while updating the address and job details. The form does not move forward and keeps showing this error
" Please leave no gaps in your address history".
Can anyone suggest how to move forward. I have completed 5 years on 21 feb 2024. I am updating details since Feb 21, 2019. is that correct?

Pavan7111

Aug 11, 2021
PR card application timeline:
- Applied Feb 17, 2024
- Urgency requested for travel in April 24
- Card received Feb, 27 2024

Some observations:
- Online portal still shows "submitted"
- Was not able to link to GC Key
- Expiry date on card is 20 Feb 2029, which possibly means the card was printed only 3 days after application
How do you check the Payload of cases object?