+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

Nov 14, 2017
I am trying to apply for PR card renewal through the online application.
I have filled in the online form, attached the mandatory checklist, photos (front and back), primary identity document (passport), original pr card, proof of payment and the consent and declaration. However the submit button is still disabled. I am at a loss as to what is missing in my application to enable the submit button?

Thanks!

Last edited:

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
I have filled in the online form, attached the mandatory checklist, photos (front and back), primary identity document (passport), original pr card, proof of payment and the consent and declaration. However the submit button is still disabled. I am at a loss as to what is missing in my application to enable the submit button?

Thanks!
It is paper based only.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
1. Get the application package

The application package includes a guide and all the forms you need to complete to apply for a PR card. Read the guide to help you fill out the forms correctly. Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5644) (opens in new tab) to make sure you don’t forget anything.
Include with your application:
  • your PR card:
    • If you are applying to renew your card, keep your current card and include a photocopy of it with your application.
    • If you are applying to replace a card because it is damaged or the information on it is wrong, send the card with your application.
  • a clear copy of:
    • your valid passport or travel document, or
    • the passport or travel document you held at the time you became a permanent resident
  • two photos that meet our photo specifications
  • any other identity documents listed in the Document Checklist (see the application package),
  • a copy of the receipt for the processing fee, and
  • a solemn declaration if your PR card was lost, stolen, destroyed or you didn’t receive it within 180 days of immigrating to Canada.
Make sure your photos follow our specifications. Print our photograph specifications (PDF, 204 KB) and bring it with you when you have your photos taken.
2. Pay your application fees
You must pay the PR card application fee online.
To pay your fees online, you need:
After you pay, print your receipt and include it with your application.
Pay your fees online
3. Submit your application
Make sure you:
  • answer all questions,
  • sign your application and all forms,
  • include the receipt for your payment, and
  • include all the supporting documents.
Send your application and payment to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.
By mail:
Case Processing Centre — PR Card
P.O. Box 10020
SYDNEY, NS B1P 7C1
CANADA
Or by courier:
Case Processing Centre – PR Card
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
CAUTION: IRCC has just implemented NEW forms, and has done so apparently prematurely as the instructions and guide are woefully incomplete and inconsistent with the new forms. It does not appear that IRCC is ready to fully implement the new forms. If feasible, if practical, the prudent PR should seriously consider waiting a little while longer before proceeding with a PR card application, waiting for IRCC to resolve things.

For many elements in the application and process, things are simple, and for many PRs their situation is simple, so some PRs may be comfortable proceeding without waiting. But for those running into issues or problems, BEST to WAIT at least a few more days.

burritosnob

Jun 21, 2022

Thanks!
I am having this issue too. Were you able to resolve it?

burritosnob

Jun 21, 2022
CAUTION: IRCC has just implemented NEW forms, and has done so apparently prematurely as the instructions and guide are woefully incomplete and inconsistent with the new forms. It does not appear that IRCC is ready to fully implement the new forms. If feasible, if practical, the prudent PR should seriously consider waiting a little while longer before proceeding with a PR card application, waiting for IRCC to resolve things.

For many elements in the application and process, things are simple, and for many PRs their situation is simple, so some PRs may be comfortable proceeding without waiting. But for those running into issues or problems, BEST to WAIT at least a few more days.
Thanks for your advice. I seem to have the same problem as OP, where every field says "Ready to submit", but the "Click to Submit" button is greyed out.

How do I know if the situation has improved? Should I try just submitting my application online again and again for a few days? Or should I just mail the paper application? I don't know which will be faster to process. Has anyone been able to submit their PR card renewal online at all?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your advice. I seem to have the same problem as OP, where every field says "Ready to submit", but the "Click to Submit" button is greyed out.

How do I know if the situation has improved? Should I try just submitting my application online again and again for a few days? Or should I just mail the paper application? I don't know which will be faster to process. Has anyone been able to submit their PR card renewal online at all?
Considering you are having the same problem as the OP, and the fact that @depenabill has stated that there are some `issues' that are being addressed regarding the new form/instruction guide disconnect, you might be better off to take a pause until things are resolved. Mailing an application now, could be a waste of your time...especially if the form is updated again, as part of the `fix'.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Considering you are having the same problem as the OP, and the fact that @depenabill has stated that there are some `issues' that are being addressed regarding the new form/instruction guide disconnect, you might be better off to take a pause until things are resolved. Mailing an application now, could be a waste of your time...especially if the form is updated again, as part of the `fix'.
Hi @Ponga @dpenabill
I was able to apply PR Card Renewal application online, everything was done without any trouble except submission of picture, where I had to struggle a little bit to match the criteria for photo to be accepted. Now that I have applied online, my assumption was if application is submitted online, it would be fast track compare to paper application. However, it seems opposite, application was submitted three weeks ago, and still I see status is "Submitted". Is there a way to request cancellation of this request that I made online, and I will submit paper application? My only concern is I'm travelling in November and it would be an issue if my PR card is not renewed before, I won't be able to return.

singh2013

Jun 9, 2014
Hi @Ponga @dpenabill
I was able to apply PR Card Renewal application online, everything was done without any trouble except submission of picture, where I had to struggle a little bit to match the criteria for photo to be accepted. Now that I have applied online, my assumption was if application is submitted online, it would be fast track compare to paper application. However, it seems opposite, application was submitted three weeks ago, and still I see status is "Submitted". Is there a way to request cancellation of this request that I made online, and I will submit paper application? My only concern is I'm travelling in November and it would be an issue if my PR card is not renewed before, I won't be able to return.
I am also having issues with the picture. Got a hard copy from a photographer.
After scanning it using a cellphone, I am getting below error
  • Background: Your photo may have shadows or may not have a plain, white background.
Did you get the same problem?

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I am also having issues with the picture. Got a hard copy from a photographer.
After scanning it using a cellphone, I am getting below error
  • Background: Your photo may have shadows or may not have a plain, white background.
Did you get the same problem?
Yeah I also got the same message, with naked eye any noise in white background is not noticeable, but since this is AI (Artificial Intelligence) so it should be perfect to be accepted. Bcoz we scanned a printed photo, there are chances of some dots or lines, so I used photo editing application to fix white background; system then accepted my photo. System did not accept my wife's photo even though I spent hours to fix it, so I finally submit with what I felt was okay to me, should be okay to a human officer, as I read many times on this forum that photo that system didn't accept was accepted by the case officer.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: singh2013

gus99

Aug 4, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone was able to recently submit their PR renewal application through the portal. I have been stuck for 2 weeks already, everything was completed but still, the "Submit your application" button at the end is still dimmed, and can't be clicked. I did notice that the form 5444 status remained empty, it doesn't say "Ready to submit" like other items I have completed. I think this is what is causing the problem, but not sure how to fix it. I went in the form many times and confirmed all fields have correct data. Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that IRCC has changed the form recently as noted earlier.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I'm wondering if anyone was able to recently submit their PR renewal application through the portal. I have been stuck for 2 weeks already, everything was completed but still, the "Submit your application" button at the end is still dimmed, and can't be clicked. I did notice that the form 5444 status remained empty, it doesn't say "Ready to submit" like other items I have completed. I think this is what is causing the problem, but not sure how to fix it. I went in the form many times and confirmed all fields have correct data. Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that IRCC has changed the form recently as noted earlier.
If you are sure you completely filled up the form, then try this tip: Go to second page and jump to Alternate Contact number option, what is the format of the number you entered? is it like 647-123-4567? Change it to 6471234567. Hopefully this will fix the issue. I had faced the same issue though my form was ready to submit but I wanted to make some changes and stuck at this issue for 3 days and accidently found a bug in the system.

gus99

Aug 4, 2017
If you are sure you completely filled up the form, then try this tip: Go to second page and jump to Alternate Contact number option, what is the format of the number you entered? is it like 647-123-4567? Change it to 6471234567. Hopefully this will fix the issue. I had faced the same issue though my form was ready to submit but I wanted to make some changes and stuck at this issue for 3 days and accidently found a bug in the system.
Thank you for your response. I actually did that before, and I thought that this will do the trick, but it's still the same, unfortunately. When I went in the form a second time, it was showing me an error in the alternate phone number saying that the field accepts numerical values only, so I removed the hyphens. But had no effect. Been going in and out trying different things, but nothing worked so far.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Thank you for your response. I actually did that before, and I thought that this will do the trick, but it's still the same, unfortunately. When I went in the form a second time, it was showing me an error in the alternate phone number saying that the field accepts numerical values only, so I removed the hyphens. But had no effect. Been going in and out trying different things, but nothing worked so far.
@gus99 is your issue resolved?