+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
How do you check the Payload of cases object?
Open the developer console in your browser (e.g. cmd + option + c on MacOS), navigate to network tab, then perform an operation on the PR portal, e.g. log-in. You should see one or multiple objects named "cases". Click on it to see its contents.

Pavan7111

Aug 11, 2021
I just received my PR card in the mail, but not able to link in the GC key using UCI. Is there any way to find out my application number and link it to the GC Key? I know I don't need this anymore, but I am curious if there is a way to do this.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I just received my PR card in the mail, but not able to link in the GC key using UCI. Is there any way to find out my application number and link it to the GC Key? I know I don't need this anymore, but I am curious if there is a way to do this.
Use Last Name and UCI, enter Place of Birth as CITY,(SPACE)STATE as per passport. There is space after comma.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I tried both State and Country, didn't work. Any other suggestions?
You mean CITY/STATE and CITY/COUNTRY ? Country wont work, you will have to use CITY and STATE as explained.

To know application number, check PR card mail if it has. Else call IRCC and specifically ask for PR card application number.

Pavan7111

Aug 11, 2021
You mean CITY/STATE and CITY/COUNTRY ? Country wont work, you will have to use CITY and STATE as explained.

To know application number, check PR card mail if it has. Else call IRCC and specifically ask for PR card application number.
I tried CITY,(SPACE)STATE, and CITY,(SPACE)Country, and Just CITY, all three combinations, but nothing worked. PR card mail doesn't have any application number. I guess I have to call IRCC then. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: CNP

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
Hi All,
I am trying to fill in the PR renewal form through online portal, however i am stuck while updating the address and job details. The form does not move forward and keeps showing this error
" Please leave no gaps in your address history".
Can anyone suggest how to move forward. I have completed 5 years on 21 feb 2024. I am updating details since Feb 21, 2019. is that correct?
You have to overlap the days. Eg:
1/1/2024-3/4/2024 - present address
12/27/2023-1/1/2024 - last address

Including few days extra is of no problem, so you don't have to include exactly 5 year mark if the date is causing a problem. I included all my history since landing (way more than 5 years) and it didn't cut off any part of that input.

Reactions: bootsal

hunku79

Mar 6, 2024
Hi! Anyone know about uploading photo? Online portal says I may be able to take photo by smartphone and upload. My question is there is no back of the photo. Just photo of me will be valid?

hunku79

Mar 6, 2024
Anyone applied online with photo taken by mobile phone? It was okay to do so? Guidance said "you may" I am not sure it will be complicated or not

Thank you

fwd.TaiShan

Mar 31, 2023
Hello members,

I submitted my PR card renewal application through the portal on Feb 20, 2024.

After that, I kept checking the portal daily using inspection mode, and it was showing 'Ready for review' until Mar 5th. I was not able to link my application to GC Key.

Today (Mar 6) in the morning, I received an AOR email from Permanent Resident Card Centre – Sydney acknowledging receipt of my application. In the subject of the email I can see the application #. Then I checked back to the portal using the inspection mode, and noticed that the status had changed to 'Completed'. However, I still couldn't link my application to GC Key.

Seems like not a lot of members would get AOR email after submission, so I just want to share it here in case it can help anyone.

I am waiting for the card in the mail now. Will update again once I get the physical card.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Hi! Anyone know about uploading photo? Online portal says I may be able to take photo by smartphone and upload. My question is there is no back of the photo. Just photo of me will be valid?
that comment about photo via phone is for scanning a digital copy and not actually taking a photo. You still need to go visit a commercial photographer.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Open the developer console in your browser (e.g. cmd + option + c on MacOS), navigate to network tab, then perform an operation on the PR portal, e.g. log-in. You should see one or multiple objects named "cases". Click on it to see its contents.
Thanks, I can see cases, but what request type are you reviewing a GET, or a PUT or Options? Also I'm not sure which attribute of the request header shows the status. Sorry, if it's an obvious thing not a web developer lol.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Thanks, I can see cases, but what request type are you reviewing a GET, or a PUT or Options? Also I'm not sure which attribute of the request header shows the status. Sorry, if it's an obvious thing not a web developer lol.
Anyone looking for this answer can review this post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prcard-renewal-2023.796386/post-10731424. Btw it doesn't have to be Chrome, it works the same way on Edge browser as well.

Last edited:

fwd.TaiShan

Mar 31, 2023
Hello members,

I submitted my PR card renewal application through the portal on Feb 20, 2024.

After that, I kept checking the portal daily using inspection mode, and it was showing 'Ready for review' until Mar 5th. I was not able to link my application to GC Key.

Today (Mar 6) in the morning, I received an AOR email from Permanent Resident Card Centre – Sydney acknowledging receipt of my application. In the subject of the email I can see the application #. Then I checked back to the portal using the inspection mode, and noticed that the status had changed to 'Completed'. However, I still couldn't link my application to GC Key.

Seems like not a lot of members would get AOR email after submission, so I just want to share it here in case it can help anyone.

I am waiting for the card in the mail now. Will update again once I get the physical card.
UPDATE: Today (Mar 11th) I saw the GC Key shows the PREVIOUS pr card is now marked as "Your document is invalid". I guess the new pr card has been printed hence the old one cancelled by IRCC. Still not able to link new pr card application to the GC Key though.

Will update again once receive the new card in the mail.

Reactions: bulls23