+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

Ctvas

Dec 19, 2013
I do not totally understand the return reason. But I think primary identification is just passport.
Harry, did you submit your passport as primary identification? and the system still showed you "Primary identification is not provided Incomplete application"

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Hi, I have another question. For the online applications, for the forms that are completed as PDF and uploaded (e.g. use of representative form) do we need to print , sign by hand and then scan signed forms and upload? Or just type the name in the signature box and date and it would be considered signed?

Just to clarify -I am not talking about the main application but the supplementary forms that they still direct to fillable pdf

And one more question: is there any way to print the completed main online application as pdf (for our records)? Can't find any buttons to print or save as pdf after I completed it on the online application portal

Nostrin

Nov 14, 2023
Hello,

I just found this forum looking for something on a different topic. Hopefully, you were able to navigate your way through the online site. If you were successful, maybe someone will benefit from the information I provide.

The site doesn't track what documents you upload, so you have to follow the guide and make sure you have the following:
- Proof of Residency ( 2 different versions, however, you can only upload one document. Should you need to upload more than one, use the "other" option and you can upload as many as needed.
- Provide Official ID or Passport
- Provide Legal Identification (ie, a driver's license)
- The Documents Checklist

In addition to all of the above, when you make ANY changes to the file, such as uploading a new document, you must re-certify the document before submitting.

I hope this helps someone, I spent about 2-3 hours trying to figure it out.

Best of luck and best wishes!

Chamzz23

Oct 16, 2023
I am planning to apply for PR card renewal for my family of 4 through online and have couple of questions to clear out,

1. Can I submit my, my wife 's and 2 kids renewal application under my account?

2. Do I need to submit a one application first and create the second one in the portal? I tried to create 2 applications while doing my one and received an error message of "Please note, you currently have an application in progress. If you would like to resume with completing that application, please visit the “View my applications” page. "

3. When we pay the PR card renewal fee, do I need to pay fee as a total for for of us (i.e $200 under 1 receipt) or as 4 separate receipts?

Thank you in advance.

Update : I submitted PR Card renewal request online for my family of 4 on 10/18/23. Recieved renewed cards on 11/19/23.

Submitted seperate applications, with seperate payment receipts. Tracker still shows pending.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
For those who applied for PR card renewal online recently, were you able to attach more than one document under Proof of Residency document type? the check list requires to provide 2 documents (e.g. NOA or bills or bank documents , as a proof of residency) but I can't seem to attach more than one file to that specific document type (proof of residency) THe button gets greyed out once I attach one
yes, I can try to combine into one pdf (as plan B) or submt under "other" but just wondering if anyone else had this issue

leaveatten

Dec 4, 2023
For those who applied for PR card renewal online recently, were you able to attach more than one document under Proof of Residency document type? the check list requires to provide 2 documents (e.g. NOA or bills or bank documents , as a proof of residency) but I can't seem to attach more than one file to that specific document type (proof of residency) THe button gets greyed out once I attach one
yes, I can try to combine into one pdf (as plan B) or submt under "other" but just wondering if anyone else had this issue
Yes, I had the same problem. I ended up choosing short documents (a payslip and bank statement) and screenshotting them into a single document, then print to PDF. I'm not going to upload these kinds of docs somewhere to merge them. I renewed recently so can't tell you if that was acceptable yet.

prasquants

Jun 15, 2017
Hi Folks - For PR Renewal online application form "4.2 Work and Educational History (Inside and Outside Canada)" - How do we account for days between job changes (like a weekend between previous and a new job), do we explicitly create a new row for these gaps (a day or two/weekend) and call out unemployed?. Also, what if we had like a break/gap of a week or 10 days between jobs - do we create a new row for it and write unemployed?. How have folks in the forum filled out this section?. Thanks a lot!

Nachiappan M

Feb 24, 2019
Update : I submitted PR Card renewal request online for my family of 4 on 10/18/23. Recieved renewed cards on 11/19/23.

Submitted seperate applications, with seperate payment receipts. Tracker still shows pending.
Hi Chamzz23,
Did you create 4 different Online Portal Logins? (4 Different Email IDs) What about Kids? Did you upload any additional documents?

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
My PR card is expiring on March 2024

I applied for citizenship this week.

Should i just skip renewing my PR card?

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Hi Folks,

Please advise me if the online portal working as I need to apply for my PR renewal.. I know sometimes I final SUBMIT button didn't work. Please let me know. Did anyone recently apply to renew the PR via online? Thank You.

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
Guys, i need clarification about this.
Can you submit a TRV Visa application online to a country and have your biometric done in another country ?

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Just wanted to share an update. I submitted my parents PR card applications on Dec 31 2023 (yeah I procrastinated the prep for a while and did not want to drag the tasking into new year so forced myself to complete and submit :))
The cards came in on Jan 15 and 16 - so literally 2 weeks, wow lightning speed basically (considering the prior renewal for them took months and deliviy address mistake on the office side so resending etc) Very smooth this time

Last edited:
Reactions: armoured and YVR123

Elsa.83

Jan 24, 2024
No. I submitted all 3 PR-card renewal applications (the application of mine and those of my 2 minor children) via my own account. The system accepted them without any problem. Initially I thought to submit my children's applications via separate accounts, but I came to the final conclusion that it might be seen as a problem since they were minors. And I decided to file all of them from my login. I must say, IRCC procedures are usually quite confusing, mostly not clear and more importantly, pretty dated. I am not a big fan of IRCC (since I waited 12 months for the finalization of my permanent resident application and I have been waiting for 28 months for the finalization of my citizenship application. IRCC has zero accountability and zero transparency. It is a black hole of mismanagement. Since the Liberal Gov is responsible for this, I think I will vote for the conservatives (as a reaction) although I am a leftist-libertarian person. :)
Hi there, I have to renew the PR card for all of my family members. I would like to renew those for my two minor boys through my account like you did but couldnt find out how? Did you attach the IMM 5444 application forms for your kids somehow or is there another way? Thanks in advance for your help

Huangxyqjy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Med's Request
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-08-2014
Hi anyone can help me? my son just submitted the application to renew the PR card on portal, but he just realized that he made a mistake. He did not choose the family address as mailing address and only write his address in university. However he will be in coop since May. He is afraid if he will not be in his current condo at that time. so how can we inform the IRCC to change the mailing address? thank you so much!