+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

mayple

Star Member
Dec 30, 2017
So what's the consensus on whether one can submit PR renewal online? Yes or No? Has anyone successfully received their renewed card through online submission? Thanks

Reactions: Armstrong17

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
So what's the consensus on whether one can submit PR renewal online? Yes or No? Has anyone successfully received their renewed card through online submission? Thanks
Online is much better. Any resubmission is much easier than sending stuff via mail. Also timelines are more or less the same so no issues there either.

leonxa

Sep 28, 2012
I am trying to apply for PR card renewal through the online application.
I have filled in the online form, attached the mandatory checklist, photos (front and back), primary identity document (passport), original pr card, proof of payment and the consent and declaration. However the submit button is still disabled. I am at a loss as to what is missing in my application to enable the submit button?

Thanks!
:cool:I tried other people's solutions (such as: shortening the description, removing special symbols, strictly modifying the 5-year start date & end date, and no gap between dates), but none of them worked for me. I was inspired by one of the replies, the post saying that he changed his email to re-register and redo everything again, so I quit the Safari browser (although I have removed any restrictions on this website), and replaced a Microsoft Edge browser on my Macbook, using the same account, refreshed every page of the IMM5444, and after saving, its status changed from "In Progress" to "Ready for Submit." It seems that the new system or their website is not Safari-friendly. Or maybe my "cocktail therapy" solved the problem. o_OI hope this saves everyone from frustration.:)

Reactions: bricksonly

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Yes, I submitted application for PR renewal online on Feb 25 and received the PR card on Apr 24.

Reactions: Armstrong17

hiteshkumar1986

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
singapore
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone ,

Do you know whether anyone has renewed their online Kid PR application?

Would the online form be the same for both adults and children?

Should I make different profiles for my child and adult users, or may they share the same login profile?

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
I submitted a paper application a month ago (because at that time everyone was like oh paper applications are pretty fast, online isnt...) and now I hear online is faster...ugh. So Can i resubmit online? which ever is processed faster kind of a thing? Thanks!

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
I submitted a paper application a month ago (because at that time everyone was like oh paper applications are pretty fast, online isnt...) and now I hear online is faster...ugh. So Can i resubmit online? which ever is processed faster kind of a thing? Thanks!
No, the time line is almost the same, if you've made one by mail, please don't waste public resource to make a new one, unless you clearly know your application is missing.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
No, the time line is almost the same, if you've made one by mail, please don't waste public resource to make a new one, unless you clearly know your application is missing.
ofcourse I wont do it. I was just curious. I have not heard back from them at all and linking it on GC Key only finds my old approved card.

gabrielle_z

Apr 28, 2023
On February 23rd 2023 I have submitted the online application for the renewal of my PR card.
The submission was accepted.
On April 26th I noticed that on the PR portal website my application was marked as "returned"
with the reason: "incomplete application". I did the application in the same way as my husband
and he did receive his renewed PR card last week.
I also did not get any feedback from IRCC on which documents and/or information is wrong or missing.
I also phoned the help-line: 1-888-242-2100, but they wanted to have my application number, which neither
I nor my husband have received on submit.
I would be very grateful for any advice of how to fix this situation!
Thank you
Gabrielle