+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi Everyone, I need to help my elderly parents to renew their PR Card. I check the 'processing times" says 69 days. Could somebody please advise how long it takes for an application to be completed, in reality? I hear the numbers online (IRCC) isn't accurate. thank you!
I have seen posts here where renewal takes anywhere between 70 to 120 days. Unfortunately every PR renewal case is different and timelines vary across the board. However 90 to 120 is a reasonable duration to expect.

Reactions: Home_13579

Abohandh

Oct 1, 2015
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2015
Doc's Request.
Pcc on sep 4th
Nomination.....
PER 11/3/2015
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
6/3/2015
Med's Request
08/01/2016
Med's Done....
12/01/2016 alhamdulellah
Interview........
In shaa allah waived
Passport Req..
In shaa allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
In shaa allah soon
LANDED..........
In shaa allah soon
Could you please tell me how you checked your status of you online PR application? Where you able to link it to your original IRCC account or are you abel to check it through another way? I too applied for online PR renewal on the same date of Feb 5th, 2023. I am not able to link my application and i dont know where can i check the latest status.

Edit: Nevermind. Its the homepage on the PR renewal portal. My status says 'Submitted' and the 'Return Reason' is still blank. Looks like my application us still not looked at yet.
Dame timelines
Not sure i have any updates so far

Tall ganesh

Aug 15, 2017
Hi All,

I submitted a PR card renewal application through online mode. I went through all the chats in this group and it was really useful.

i Have not received any email notification after my submission.

For now i understand that, i have to monitor my application portal on daily basis to check the status, even if it gets updated as returned due to some error, i should not immediately react rather wait for few more days, as in most cases it is a bug and it will go away on its own.

Besides that i also tried checking on CAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do) and also tried checking in GC key (https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s251eda9671c1eec9a660efb15b08ab4887041e138), was not able to locate the application.

Will update here if there are any updates from my side.

By the way are there any WhatsApp group created for PR card online renewal ?

Reactions: pHrankee

dilipsingh

Mar 14, 2023
I am trying to apply for PR card renewal through the online application.
I have filled in the online form, attached the mandatory checklist, photos (front and back), primary identity document (passport), original pr card, proof of payment and the consent and declaration. However the submit button is still disabled. I am at a loss as to what is missing in my application to enable the submit button?

Thanks!
Hi,

I am trying the same , but in my case photo upload is not visible, i can't upload my photo as it not showing any option to say upload photo, or seperate column . Can you tell me how you get in and uploaded pic ?

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
I signed the sign that as well. This is so frustrating because ircc isn't helping
I had the same issue as well. Turns out that i had uploaded the Primary ID document or Passport under Travel documents and passport, and not by selecting the Primary ID field and uploading the document. I guess the system though i had not uploaded the required file and greyed out the submit button. Once i corrected the issue and redid the Declaration and Consent form, i was able to submit.

Reactions: YVR123

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
When an application is returned because of the “photos are missing” glitch, when we are able to resubmit, do we start back at day 0 when the application is resubmitted?
Hi, I received the same message from IRCC and waiting since 2 months. Did your application get processed ? If yes, could you please share your timeline ?

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Hi, I received the same message from IRCC and waiting since 2 months. Did your application get processed ? If yes, could you please share your timeline ?
If your "view" button turns active and you can see all your stuff, that means you have to do something then resubmit. Let it alone only works for that you cannot view and adjust your previous application.

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
If your "view" button turns active and you can see all your stuff, that means you have to do something then resubmit. Let it alone only works for that you cannot view and adjust your previous application.
Yes my view button was enabled when the application was returned back on Feb 21st 2023. However, the status still shows submitted with the same return reason field. There has been no update to my application after Feb 21st 2023.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
not yet. linked to gckey a week ago

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Is anyone still waiting from January 24th?

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I submitted my online application for PR renewal on 2023/02/05.

When I checked the status today(2023/03/10), I see below detials

Return Reason: Incomplete Application
Action: The view button is grayed out and not clickable.

There is no indication of why the application is incomplete.

Any Advice?

Thanks
Hi - any updates with your application?.. Im going through the same thing. Return reason was updated to “incomplete application” today and view button is greyed out.

Reactions: Tall ganesh

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hi Jeff, I resubmitted online on Feb 2nd, and today I can link the application through GCKey now
That's good! I was able to link to gckey on the 13th. No updates since then. Not sure if it's normal to wait this long after linking? I always thought people got approved fairly quickly after linking to gckey.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Is anyone still waiting from January 24th?
We submitted ours January 22nd (technically late on the 21st, which was a Sunday) and got 2 of our 3 cards Monday or Tuesday and the 3rd today, so hopefully you'll have yours in hand soon! We never received emails about ours and I couldn't find mine with the status checker or do the GCKey linking so I was surprised to have them already.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
We submitted ours January 22nd (technically late on the 21st, which was a Sunday) and got 2 of our 3 cards Monday or Tuesday and the 3rd today, so hopefully you'll have yours in hand soon! We never received emails about ours and I couldn't find mine with the status checker or do the GCKey linking so I was surprised to have them already.
I guess mine won't go smooth as I have only 5 days buffer and more than half of my days is not in Canada but staying with my citizen spouse aboard. Too bad...let's see what happens...

Reactions: Tall ganesh