Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
My application was returned again today for the same reason of “photos are missing”. This time there was a reason and it was :

Reasons for returned:
• Incorrect photo size
• Facial area is too small/too big
• The photographs are poor quality (out of focus, shadows, facial features not clearly defined, or poor lighting)

I never uploaded a new photo the first time it was returned so this is likely my own fault. Went to staples today and had a photo done and got a digital copy which uploaded without any issues. I had to scan and upload the photo the first time I submitted which I think ruined the quality of the picture.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was returned again today for the same reason of “photos are missing”. This time there was a reason and it was :

Reasons for returned:
• Incorrect photo size
• The photographs are poor quality (out of focus, shadows, facial features not clearly defined, or poor lighting)

I never uploaded a new photo the first time it was returned so this is likely my own fault. Went to staples today and had a photo done and got a digital copy which uploaded without any issues. I had to scan and upload the photo the first time I submitted which I think ruined the quality of the picture.
Which is exactly the reason why I started this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/for-those-fearing-the-dreaded-pr-card-photo-rejected-nightmare.787135/

But...don't be surprised if it's yet more of the ongoing glitch issues with the Portal. Even the notice from IRCC was blatantly false, since the photos were NOT `missing'. LOL!

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Which is exactly the reason why I started this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/for-those-fearing-the-dreaded-pr-card-photo-rejected-nightmare.787135/

But...don't be surprised if it's yet more of the ongoing glitch issues with the Portal. Even the notice from IRCC was blatantly false, since the photos were NOT `missing'. LOL!

Yeah, there should’ve been a different error message. Not just “photos are missing” lol

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018

Reasons for returned:
• Incorrect photo size

It's very bad that we can upload successfully with a not qualified photo...and then wait for returning. System need rebuilt I guess.

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Did you use the "+ Create New Application" button in your account to create additional pr card renewal applications for your family members?
Yes, once each application is submitted successfully then hit Create New Application

dtr45

Dec 7, 2022

Reasons for returned:
• Incorrect photo size

Hi jeff198901,

What action did you take after it was returned the first time owing to the photo error? Did you create a new application? Or did the PR portal allow you to edit and resubmit?
@jeff198901

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Submitted online on 23 November... No AOR.

A few days back, the status changed from "Submitted" to "Initiated". The "View" button on the right side was clickable so I clicked it. Big mistake. Now the status changed to "Submitted" again. Wtf???
In case anyone wants to know... It has been more than 65 days (exceeded normal processing time). I called IRCC just now and they told me that there's nothing wrong with the application, and they'll put a note on my application saying it has exceeded the normal processing time.

I then told IRCC that I'm planning to travel abroad next month (my card expires next month). They said they cannot promise that the card will be completed this month, and suggested that I apply for a PRTD instead.

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I was able to search-and-find & successfully link my PR card renewal application that I submitted online (along with my 2 children's applications) on December 10, 2022, to my GCKey account. I could not link children's applications since the system was unable to find them. Now I am worried that the stupid online system accepted only my application and did not start processing my children's applications. Does anyone have a similar experience? What should I do now? This IRCC really sucks!

Reactions: sahibo

MDW

Apr 11, 2018
Applied for PR Card renewal on December 19, 2022 via PR Portal. Physical photo scanned did not meet specifications. No AOR, no progress shown on PR portal, only shows "Submitted". February 16, 2023, PR Card received in the mail, yet portal only shows "Submitted".

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hi jeff198901,

What action did you take after it was returned the first time owing to the photo error? Did you create a new application? Or did the PR portal allow you to edit and resubmit?
@jeff198901
edit and resubmit

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi, I submitted my application and started another for my spouse under my login credentials, after filling the application i clicked return the application and i see that the option to submit photos is missing. Any help is appreciated

muneebhussain

Apr 6, 2017
Did you use the "+ Create New Application" button in your account to create additional pr card renewal applications for your family members?
I don't think they allow to creation multiple applications under one account anymore, and throws following error "

Please note, you currently have an application in progress. If you would like to resume with completing that application, please visit the “View my applications” page."

May be they changed the system