+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Hi, Did you submit a separate application for each applicant by creating their separate logins? thanks

No. I submitted all 3 PR-card renewal applications (the application of mine and those of my 2 minor children) via my own account. The system accepted them without any problem. Initially I thought to submit my children's applications via separate accounts, but I came to the final conclusion that it might be seen as a problem since they were minors. And I decided to file all of them from my login. I must say, IRCC procedures are usually quite confusing, mostly not clear and more importantly, pretty dated. I am not a big fan of IRCC (since I waited 12 months for the finalization of my permanent resident application and I have been waiting for 28 months for the finalization of my citizenship application. IRCC has zero accountability and zero transparency. It is a black hole of mismanagement. Since the Liberal Gov is responsible for this, I think I will vote for the conservatives (as a reaction) although I am a leftist-libertarian person. :)

Reactions: sahibo

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
No. I submitted all 3 PR-card renewal applications (the application of mine and those of my 2 minor children) via my own account. The system accepted them without any problem. Initially I thought to submit my children's applications via separate accounts, but I came to the final conclusion that it might be seen as a problem since they were minors. And I decided to file all of them from my login. I must say, IRCC procedures are usually quite confusing, mostly not clear and more importantly, pretty dated. I am not a big fan of IRCC (since I waited 12 months for the finalization of my permanent resident application and I have been waiting for 28 months for the finalization of my citizenship application. IRCC has zero accountability and zero transparency. It is a black hole of mismanagement. Since the Liberal Gov is responsible for this, I think I will vote for the conservatives (as a reaction) although I am a leftist-libertarian person. :)
Thank you for the reply. I did submit all from the same account..:)

Reactions: visitingprof

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Has anyone submitted a paper application after applying online?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hi,
This is the email I received after submission of each of the PR card applications via Permanent Residence Portal:
"This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.
Hello,
This email confirms that the process has been initiated for a permanent resident card application linked to your IRCC permanent residence portal account.
To monitor the status of your application and complete the required declaration, log into your portal account with your current log-in credentials.
To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"
When I login on the PR Portal, it shows that all three applications as "submitted". No other status!
I hope the phrase "the process has been initiated" (that they used in the email they sent) means they started processing the new PR cards.
Best regards.

I don’t think it means they have began processing your application. I received this email as well, but found out today via webform that they were unable to find any record of the online application

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
I don’t think it means they have began processing your application. I received this email as well, but found out today via webform that they were unable to find any record of the online application

Didn't you receive an automatic email from the IRCC after you submitted your application online via Permanent Residence Portal? I received the following email (for my own application and for my children's applications):

"Permanent Residence Portal - The Permanent Resident Card process has been initiated for an application linked to your account | Portail de résidence permanente - Le processus pour une demande de carte de résident permanent a été initié dans votre compte"

This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

Hello,

This email confirms that the process has been initiated for a permanent resident card application linked to your IRCC permanent residence portal account.

To monitor the status of your application and complete the required declaration, log into your portal account with your current log-in credentials.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Didn't you receive an automatic email from the IRCC after you submitted your application online via Permanent Residence Portal? I received the following email (for my own application and for my children's applications):

"Permanent Residence Portal - The Permanent Resident Card process has been initiated for an application linked to your account | Portail de résidence permanente - Le processus pour une demande de carte de résident permanent a été initié dans votre compte"

This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

Hello,

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Yes we received that email

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Has anyone submitted a paper application after applying online?

I think one should not submit a paper based application after filing an online application via Permanent Residence Portal unless he/she receives an email/message of an official decline of the application. I assume the online applications cannot be traced by IRCC standard system since it is a new application. As we all know, IRCC is an extremely disorganized and mismanaged agency. One unit doesn't necessary know what the other is doing. You received a message via Web Form and I believe the reply was given to you by IRCC AI or an agent who has no access to Permanent Residence Portal (or maybe even no knowledge about its existence). I assume we should wait until we hear something from IRCC.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
I think one should not submit a paper based application after filing an online application via Permanent Residence Portal unless he/she receives an email/message of an official decline of the application. I assume the online applications cannot be traced by IRCC standard system since it is a new application. As we all know, IRCC is an extremely disorganized and mismanaged agency. One unit doesn't necessary know what the other is doing. You received a message via Web Form and I believe the reply was given to you by IRCC AI or an agent who has no access to Permanent Residence Portal (or maybe even no knowledge about its existence). I assume we should wait until we hear something from IRCC.
Yes I am going to wait it out. There is 0 transparency with IRCC. If people knew what was going on, it would make waiting a lot easier.

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
I don't know if this was noticed by others renewing, but I have a doubt...

On the "main instructions" it says if you are simply renewing your card, to keep it and send a copy, and if you're applying to REPLACE a damagd or incorrect card, to send the card with the aplication.

However, on the online instructions, it says:

If you’re applying to renew your PR card, provide a photo of your destroyed PR card.

If you lost your PR card, include a copy of a police report or incident number, if you have one.

If you’re applying to replace your damaged card, please destroy your card immediately and attach a photo as proof with your supporting documents.

Why is it asking in these iinstructions to destroy your card in both cases??

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
When an application is returned because of the “photos are missing” glitch, when we are able to resubmit, do we start back at day 0 when the application is resubmitted?

S_448

Jan 27, 2017
--

You are lucky that you could able to apply the PR card renewal applications for your family along with yourself.

It appears, their has been some changes made where portal won't allow you to create another application (for your wife/spouse and/or kids) within same login/logon.

I tried couple of times, every time it gives following error message "Please note, you currently have an application in progress. If you would like to resume with completing that application, please visit the “View my applications” page."

I am quite sure I am following the right procedure, but if you remember or can tell it would be helpful.
Hi , did you managed to submit pr card renewal applications online for your family?
I am also getting the same error : "Please note, you currently have an application in progress. If you would like to resume with completing that application, please visit the “View my applications” page."

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if this was noticed by others renewing, but I have a doubt...

On the "main instructions" it says if you are simply renewing your card, to keep it and send a copy, and if you're applying to REPLACE a damagd or incorrect card, to send the card with the aplication.

However, on the online instructions, it says:

If you’re applying to renew your PR card, provide a photo of your destroyed PR card.

If you lost your PR card, include a copy of a police report or incident number, if you have one.

If you’re applying to replace your damaged card, please destroy your card immediately and attach a photo as proof with your supporting documents.

Why is it asking in these iinstructions to destroy your card in both cases??
NO! Do NOT destroy your current PR Card.

I agree that it is confusing, but there's no reason to destroy a PR Card, even if it is expired.

See this:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-renewal-through-online-application.770670/post-10288822

Last edited:
Reactions: walterg74