+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

andersniet

Jan 12, 2018
Hi,
This is the email I received after submission of each of the PR card applications via Permanent Residence Portal:
"This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.
Hello,
This email confirms that the process has been initiated for a permanent resident card application linked to your IRCC permanent residence portal account.
To monitor the status of your application and complete the required declaration, log into your portal account with your current log-in credentials.
To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"
When I login on the PR Portal, it shows that all three applications as "submitted". No other status!
I hope the phrase "the process has been initiated" (that they used in the email they sent) means they started processing the new PR cards.
Best regards.

Thank you for confirming. Yes I also think "the process has been initiated" means they are working on it. Can you please let us know if you receive any new updates ?

Reactions: visitingprof

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Thank you for confirming. Yes I also think "the process has been initiated" means they are working on it. Can you please let us know if you receive any new updates ?

Since I submitted the 3 applications online and received the aforementioned email confirmations there has been no update.
I guess it would be useful to try to figure out how the processing time in average looks like.
The same is about whether or not IRCC contacted them throughout the processing.
Moreover, it would be useful to know how IRCC informs the applicant when the processing is over.
Do we have any data? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
It would be great if people could post their online PR card renewal application processing timeline and all related relevant experiences here.
Thanks in advance.

Confused in Toronto

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Has anyone else that has applied for a renewal that tried to link the application to GCKey, had their original PR Card application link instead of the renewal? If so, were you ever able to link your PR Card renewal?
Yes, me! That is exactly what I am seeing now. I cannot seem to add the new application (since it is the same data that I am inputting). Anyone else found a solution?

Reactions: visitingprof

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Received email from IRCC, saying PR Portal (PR card/PRTD application) - Your application status has been updated. You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/rep/login>
But I clicked this link, it shows
Welcome to the Representative Permanent Residence (PR) Portal
Manage your clients’ Permanent Residence applications
This portal is for licensed representatives to complete and submit online permanent residence applications on behalf of their clients.
This portal is not connected to the Authorized Paid Representative Portal

And I forgot my password, do reseting pw no good, still cannot log in.
What's the problem?
If I google IRCC portal, I can to this;

Sign in to the IRCC portal
Email address (required)
Password (required)

Still, I cannot login...
Are these two portal the same???

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Received email from IRCC, saying PR Portal (PR card/PRTD application) - Your application status has been updated. You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/rep/login>
But I clicked this link, it shows
Welcome to the Representative Permanent Residence (PR) Portal
Manage your clients’ Permanent Residence applications
This portal is for licensed representatives to complete and submit online permanent residence applications on behalf of their clients.
This portal is not connected to the Authorized Paid Representative Portal

And I forgot my password, do reseting pw no good, still cannot log in.
What's the problem?
If I google IRCC portal, I can to this;

Sign in to the IRCC portal
Email address (required)
Password (required)

Still, I cannot login...
Are these two portal the same???
Same thing happened to us. They sent the representative log in. Another error by IRCC

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Same thing happened to us. They sent the representative log in. Another error by IRCC
The thing is, I can give a email and do password changing, and SUCCESSFUL! but I use the email+password just RENEWED to log in this representive portal, no, it says wrong combitition...WTF
By the way, I cannot log in the right one by wrong PW, so I choose to change PW, but it NEVER send my email a CODE so I cannot change PW...
Has no idea how to do now

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Wtf, the update is "photos missing, return"... How can I do? I can still see my uploaded photo and 100% sure it's approved in my online processing, and submitted successfully. Do I need to call IRCC for confirmation? Or just wait and see, like many of you face the same problem but at the end to be proved a false information?

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
As my status in portal shows "returned" and reason is "photos are missing", I just follow the check your status:

If you still can’t check your status, contact us through our Web form

Case Specific Enquiry - Confirmation
Success!
Your enquiry has been successfully submitted. We will get back to you with answers to your questions as soon as possible.

If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

-I asked to verify my status and how can I do, if a new application is needed and in that case can I reuse my receit as proof of payment.

liverpoolusa

Dec 9, 2018
Hi,
What is the earliest one can apply for PR renewal ( non urgent cases )? I saw that it has to be 9 months before expiry for paper applications. I still have 1 year 4 months, met my residency obligations, I have an overseas trip coming up and I want to have my PR before I leave ( don't want to spend time on PRTD ) so will the online portal allow me to submit it early or will it be returned? Has anyone tried submitting earlier than the 9 months period?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I still have 1 year 4 months, met my residency obligations, I have an overseas trip coming up
You have an overseas trip that's going to be over a year?

Can't answer your question - won't blame you trying - but be careful that in some respects govt agencies (healthcare etc) will consider that 'moving.'

liverpoolusa

Dec 9, 2018
You have an overseas trip that's going to be over a year?

Can't answer your question - won't blame you trying - but be careful that in some respects govt agencies (healthcare etc) will consider that 'moving.'
I have an overseas trip which might extend for few months. So I wanted to make sure I am all set before leaving.
Thanks - Yes aware most provinces have that greater than 6 months absence policy

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have an overseas trip which might extend for few months. So I wanted to make sure I am all set before leaving.
Thanks - Yes aware most provinces have that greater than 6 months absence policy
You can of course try applying before the 9 month period. You run one risk, apart from it being sent back, which is them processing it .... very ... slowly. Which would sort of leave you in limbo and wondering what to do.

Whereas they do seem pretty good (lately) in processing routine renewals in normal timeframes - routine crucially meaning in compliance with residency obligation and applying from within Canada.

Up to you to decide. I'd be inclined to apply at the normal time, esp considering you can apply if you're back to Canada for a visit. If you also had ability to travel through USA (eg have visa to usa or from visa waiver country), even more so as you 'd have a backup plan anyway.

But this isn't advice, just some thoughts.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Hi,
What is the earliest one can apply for PR renewal ( non urgent cases )? I saw that it has to be 9 months before expiry for paper applications. I still have 1 year 4 months, met my residency obligations, I have an overseas trip coming up and I want to have my PR before I leave ( don't want to spend time on PRTD ) so will the online portal allow me to submit it early or will it be returned? Has anyone tried submitting earlier than the 9 months period?
I guess if you leave Canada now for serveal month, you could not meet RO if you apply for PR renewal?

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Since I submitted the 3 applications online and received the aforementioned email confirmations there has been no update.
I guess it would be useful to try to figure out how the processing time in average looks like.
The same is about whether or not IRCC contacted them throughout the processing.
Moreover, it would be useful to know how IRCC informs the applicant when the processing is over.
Do we have any data? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
It would be great if people could post their online PR card renewal application processing timeline and all related relevant experiences here.
Thanks in advance.
Hi, Did you submit a separate application for each applicant by creating their separate logins? thanks