+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Worst experience going through Online application. They are not good at handling Online system, lots of bugs and glitches and those are still not fixed. Another biggest problem is photos. Online system accepts photos, but when they send it for printing either their printing system or a human rejects the photo. Weird issue is they don't bother notifying people to resubmit photo, looks like this is someone else's job and that someone else is doing something else but not his job. My application was in progress since June 20th, and after like almost 6 months now I receive email to submit photo because previous photo that I uploaded isn't as per the requirements. I don't trust their online system at all.

Decision is yours, but my suggestion is GO FOR PAPER APPLICATION.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. After reading all the horror stories, I feel that ALL applications with Canadian visas should be paper versions LOL! Including visitors visas (if possible) I applied for parents and its going through the SIngapore office, and its been hanging since application in April 30th...with one update in August for work background for father (so strange since he has been retired for a decade) and even though he has had a Canadian visa before and US visa as well!

r4iui

Dec 5, 2022
Finally after 84 days, my application has been approved and card have been mailed.

Online application
Applied: Sept 9, 2022
DM: Dec 1, 2022
PR card mailed: Dec 2, 2022

Waiting for the PR card to arrive.
HI,

Congratulations.

How did you submit your photos?
Did you have a photo taken (phyical copy), got the stamp on the back side, then scanned both sides (front and back) and uploaded it?
Or did you upload a digital photo directly (without printing it at a studio)

canada23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
HI,

Congratulations.

How did you submit your photos?
Did you have a photo taken (phyical copy), got the stamp on the back side, then scanned both sides (front and back) and uploaded it?
Or did you upload a digital photo directly (without printing it at a studio)
I went to staples and took photo there and asked for both the hard copy and soft copy. For the application i submitted soft copy not scanned.
For the back side i did scan it.
It was easy and smooth process coverall.

r4iui

Dec 5, 2022
I went to staples and took photo there and asked for both the hard copy and soft copy. For the application i submitted soft copy not scanned.
For the back side i did scan it.
It was easy and smooth process coverall.
Thank you for your reply.

I also notice that on the online application, any date I enter (in the tables), it automatically adjust to one day before. Did you face this? Is this normal?

r4iui

Dec 5, 2022
Hi,

I am finding a issue with the online application for PR card renewal. When I enter any date for the period of absence or for any activity (employment,education), address history - it automatically changes it to one previous day (ie subtracts one date to go back to the previous date.

Did anyone else see this error? Did you just leave it that way or did you adjust your dates so that it refects the correct date (due to the automatic correction)?

r4iui

Dec 5, 2022
Never mind, I finally got it to work! Another bug I suppose. When I added the reason for a travel item in the "time spent outside Canada" table, it was around 30 words. I shortened that to a couple of words and now I'm able to submit! That's crazy because it wasn't giving an error. Anyway, thanks for all the help. I will keep you posted of progress.
Hi,
Did your application go through?

For the dates in the period of absence table, it automatically adjusting to one day before. Did you see this error? Did you adjust the dates accordingly?

r4iui

Dec 5, 2022
I'd suggest use TO date from last row in FROM at new Row and see if this resolves the issue.

Like I moved on 2022/12/31 to a different place, so I was living in my old place until Dec 31 and on the same date I started living in new place.
Hi,
In the dates table, when I enter a date (example From : 2020/05/25 , To : 2020/06/25), and then click the + symbol it then modifies it automatically to one date before (example for above From: 2020/05/24, To: 2020/06/24)

Did you see this error (is this even a error)?

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
In the dates table, when I enter a date (example From : 2020/05/25 , To : 2020/06/25), and then click the + symbol it then modifies it automatically to one date before (example for above From: 2020/05/24, To: 2020/06/24)

Did you see this error (is this even a error)?
I got the same issue, I entered the dates accordingly so that it shows correctly when submitted. i.e., add 1 day to the date when entering. Submitted on the 21st November.. still no AOR

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Submitted online on 23 November... No AOR.

A few days back, the status changed from "Submitted" to "Initiated". The "View" button on the right side was clickable so I clicked it. Big mistake. Now the status changed to "Submitted" again. Wtf???

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submitted online on 23 November... No AOR.

A few days back, the status changed from "Submitted" to "Initiated". The "View" button on the right side was clickable so I clicked it. Big mistake. Now the status changed to "Submitted" again. Wtf???
Did you try linking to gckey account?

The online application portal is total bugsville.. Even during the application process, it bugged out on me so many times..

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Did you try linking to gckey account?

The online application portal is total bugsville.. Even during the application process, it bugged out on me so many times..
I did, but without the application number (from AoR), it couldn't find the new application.

Searching using the UCI will link it to an old PR card application (the one that was created after becoming PR for the first time).

Venkkrishy

Apr 8, 2017
We applied for PR card renewals for my spouse and kid (under 18). Both applications were applied online and with just one day difference. Both were also applied via the same logon (but as two separate applications), as the adult is the one whose applying for kid.

I'm totally confused if they would only consider one application per logon/uid (which cannot be true as the system allows to create multiple applications).

My spouse has received the renewed card, but no indication, mail or communication about the kid's card. It's becoming 90days soon and not sure if i need to reapply.

Calls to IRCC/PR team is next to impossible, but have put a webform request which is still to be answered.

Reactions: sahibo

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
We applied for PR card renewals for my spouse and kid (under 18). Both applications were applied online and with just one day difference. Both were also applied via the same logon (but as two separate applications), as the adult is the one whose applying for kid.

I'm totally confused if they would only consider one application per logon/uid (which cannot be true as the system allows to create multiple applications).

My spouse has received the renewed card, but no indication, mail or communication about the kid's card. It's becoming 90days soon and not sure if i need to reapply.

Calls to IRCC/PR team is next to impossible, but have put a webform request which is still to be answered.
What is your spouse’s status when you log in to the PR portal? Does it say “Submitted”?

louis_fr

Dec 9, 2022
My PR card renewal is in progress. Applied on Aug 31, still no status change. I have a travel planned for end of this month. Is it ok to travel when PR card renewal is in progress? My current PR card is still valid and expires in Feb. I will be returning by mid of Jan. What happens when new PR card is issued while I was away? Will I be allowed to enter with my old PR card which is not expired? Any experiences?

skdubai

Nov 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The current PR card will be valid for some time after the new one is issued. So no worries there. I think the validity is 60 days, but don't quote me on that..