+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

canada23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Does the portal allow to apply for another PR card renewal when one is already active? I had mine returned as Incomplete application however I cant see any reason why it was returned.
Im not sure havent tried, maybe the others can help with your enquiry

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
Anyone please advise on my situation which says incomplete application though everything was submitted and not sure what to do as PR card expires in 2.5 months and I need to travel in Jan

prisht

Nov 13, 2022
Hi everyone - I have downloaded and filled out my PR card renewal application electronically but when i click on validate, I am not getting the barcodes. i intend to send it via courier. I have tried everything and different laptops and used Adobe reader and Adobe Pro as well. but nothing works. can someone please help? I am not getting any error message or anything. Just the barcodes are not appearing. thank you!
Has anyone encountered this problem. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pallavi25

Nov 15, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am sailing on the same boat :(
I have applied for the PR Renewal and the application has been returned with the description as 'Photo Missing'. I did submit the photo and went by the rules per IRCC but it seems like the online portal is a pain. Can I apply through the paper application with the same documents ( updating the dates and signature) with the same payment receipt? Has anyone done that?
TIA

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Anyone please advise on my situation which says incomplete application though everything was submitted and not sure what to do as PR card expires in 2.5 months and I need to travel in Jan
You should call them to get details.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where are you traveling to? How long will you be staying abroad?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone had to provide a photo of their destroyed current PR Card?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/apply-online-pr-card.html

If you’re applying to renew your PR card, provide a photo of your destroyed PR card.

This is crazy, since most people apply to renew while their card is still valid. Why destroy a valid card? LOL!
Even an expired PR Card can still be used to enter Canada (all PRs crossing at a Land PoE and U.S. citizens by air).

Even IRCC seems to get this:
Important information: Upon issuance of a new PR card, your existing (or old) PR card will be invalid after 60 days following the date of issuance of the new card.
---
So, if a PR is supposed to destroy their current card before submitting the renewal application...it would instantly be `invalid'! o_O

---

And finally, this:
Your PR card

If you are applying to renew your present card, you should keep it until you get your new card and include a copy of it with your application.

Talk about confusion!

Last edited:

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/apply-online-pr-card.html

If you’re applying to renew your PR card, provide a photo of your destroyed PR card.

This is crazy, since most people apply to renew while their card is still valid. Why destroy a valid card? LOL!
Even an expired PR Card can still be used to enter Canada (all PRs crossing at a Land PoE and U.S. citizens by air).

Important information: Upon issuance of a new PR card, your existing (or old) PR card will be invalid after 60 days following the date of issuance of the new card.
---
So, if a PR is supposed to destroy their current card before submitting the renewal application...it would instantly be `invalid'! o_O

---

And finally, this:
Your PR card

If you are applying to renew your present card, you should keep it until you get your new card and include a copy of it with your application.

Talk about confusion!
I thought it should be destroyed after getting citizenship.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019

---

---

And finally, this:
Your PR card

Talk about confusion!
If you are renewing the PR card, you don't have to destroy existing PR card. I wouldn't break my head over that line as it is clearly present by mistake.

In paper application checklist, they have clearly mentioned that picture of destroyed PR card needs to be provided only for replacement online applications.

Check this - https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5644e.pdf

canada23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Finally after 84 days, my application has been approved and card have been mailed.

Online application
Applied: Sept 9, 2022
DM: Dec 1, 2022
PR card mailed: Dec 2, 2022

Waiting for the PR card to arrive.

Reactions: jeff198901

saurabh l

Mar 16, 2018
Hello everyone,

PR Card Renewal(online)

My timeline,

Application sent online- sept 23 2022
Gc key created- Nov 2nd 2022
Linked to GC key- Nov 17th 2022
Application approval and card dispatched- Nov 17th 2022
PR Card received in mail- Nov 30th 2022.

All the best everyone.

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
Finally... all those incomplete message went away ... and file was approved & PR card mailed ... key was to raise a webform and ask them where they seems to be working on the file on the background.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello! I was wondering if people recommend paper application over online application. In fact, I cannot even see an online application system link! Which is quicker and foolproof way of doing it? Thanks!

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hello! I was wondering if people recommend paper application over online application. In fact, I cannot even see an online application system link! Which is quicker and foolproof way of doing it? Thanks!
Worst experience going through Online application. They are not good at handling Online system, lots of bugs and glitches and those are still not fixed. Another biggest problem is photos. Online system accepts photos, but when they send it for printing either their printing system or a human rejects the photo. Weird issue is they don't bother notifying people to resubmit photo, looks like this is someone else's job and that someone else is doing something else but not his job. My application was in progress since June 20th, and after like almost 6 months now I receive email to submit photo because previous photo that I uploaded isn't as per the requirements. I don't trust their online system at all.

Decision is yours, but my suggestion is GO FOR PAPER APPLICATION.

Reactions: wizardofwest90210