+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

AJSAWANT

Sep 8, 2017
Dear friends
I am just starting on-line pr renewal, I want to ask photographer to give me the pictures file, but if I do so, how can I write the name on the back of it?
Could you share the URL and steps on how to apply online? I do not see option to apply online. Appreciate your help!!

canada23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
If you applied recently, you won't get application number automatically. They will send you AOR, this is where you will be able to get your Application Number. If you have applied long ago, but never received AOR or don't know the application number, then go to GCKEY and link your application using your UCI and name. If your application exists or in progress, GCKEY will prompt you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
@RazaM , thanks for the advise, I managed to link my account and I got my application number and now it says still in process until decision made. Finally after 2 months, felt relieved.

And last month it shows returned due to payment missing, now that message is removed, I guess everything is on track now.

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Dear friends and experts
Someone has applied for PR renewal , online, urgent, because he has a job offer and it was suppose to start from Nov 1.
Application was sent on sep 21.
Online application shows application sent .
He has sent a web form , because application was urgent, the Cic has answered his application is not under process yet.
Please tell us what do you think, should he apply again? Or what else should be done.
Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Dear friends and experts
Someone has applied for PR renewal , online, urgent, because he has a job offer and it was suppose to start from Nov 1.
Could yo explain as this doesn't make much sense - if the person is a PR, and in Canada, there is no need to renew PR status - the PR is a PR, period. The employee does not need to have a PR card to be a PR, and generally, employer does not need to see a PR card, etc.

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends and experts
He has sent a web form , because application was urgent, the Cic has answered his application is not under process yet.
Please tell us what do you think, should he apply again? Or what else should be done.
Thank you
Is `he' in Canada? If so, I agree with @armoured

If `he' is not in Canada, or if the job offer is not in Canada...different story.

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Pr
Could yo explain as this doesn't make much sense - if the person is a PR, and in Canada, there is no need to renew PR status - the PR is a PR, period. The employee does not need to have a PR card to be a PR, and generally, employer does not need to see a PR card, etc.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Pr is expiring and needs renewal,
Job is outside Canada
As noted, can't see why IRCC woudl think taking a job outside Canada is a reason for urgent processing.

And may be stating the obvious, but the PR card can't be a job requirement at all - your acquaintance just wants it to make living outside Canada (potentially not complying with the RO) more convenient. That's not IRCC's job.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
As noted, can't see why IRCC woudl think taking a job outside Canada is a reason for urgent processing.

And may be stating the obvious, but the PR card can't be a job requirement at all - your acquaintance just wants it to make living outside Canada (potentially not complying with the RO) more convenient. That's not IRCC's job.
Its written here, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Dear friends and experts
Thank you
Honestly, i havent seen anybody who applied urgent, that got faster than regular. Its random, and it may take several weeks until they even open your webform and know that its urgent. By that time, they can approve your card. Its total mess, they cant handle their job. No transparency at all, and there is not order at all. you will get it if you are lucky enough, and also as i see it fully depends on which office is processing.
Just wait :(