Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Hi All, a very good news that my PR Card has arrived today in mail box after approximately 36 days. I had applied on an urgent basis online. received no AOR and status still show submitted which indicates although they are not regularly updating status on the portal but behind the scenes they are working as per the mentioned processing times. One benefit of online application is there is no delay in submission and your time for processing starts just then.

I would advice everyone to apply online. even though it has some photo issues, but you can sort that to best of your ability and provide consent if needed to upload photo as it is and hope for best.!!

Reactions: Tall ganesh

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Hi everyone,
I am trying to apply for pr card renewal through online application. I have been outside of canada for almost 90 days during the last 5 years. Do I have to provide them the proof of my stay in canada as well? I saw in Appendix A that we have to provide copies of pay stubs, bank statements etc in order to meet residency obligations. Is it mandatory for every applicant or just those who do not meet the residency obligations?
Please help me, Thank you in advance.
I don't think that you would require any proof of stay in Canada as long you meet the residency requirements.

Reactions: Tall ganesh

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Any help?
Hi let me tell you my experience, I was having the same issue while uploading the photo. I had two issues, one is photo being too bright/dark and other one not in the specified pixel range - which I corrected using the online tools

for you looks like you have followed the instructions in the cropping tool provided by portal very obediently which led to lesser facial area. so to avoid that you can upload the photo by not cropping and submitting as its original box. the officer will consider and resize themselves.

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
Hello , I have submitted my PR renewal on Sep 2nd through online . Status still showing as submitted . I am planning to goto back home some time on NOv 1st week . Do i get the PR by that time ?

Dec 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My country passport has no Surname, its just name. So in my old PR card, the put all my name under family name and blank in given names.

Now for renewal online I cant leave given names empty . Please advise what to do.

Thanks
I have the same problem but don't have the answer for it - looks like it would be a common thing for many folks. Wondering what others are filling in the family name and given name fields?

Last edited:

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi, I am a Permanent Resident and Foreign National(India), residing in Canada. (Ontario)

I renewed my India passport and I have changed my name to use my husband's last name. Also, I added my husband's first name to my given names.

I am now applying to renew the PR Card to align with my new name.

Per the instruction guide from IRCC, we need to provide a Provincial ID in the name requested. I have an Ontario Photo card with an old name. Can I change the name on my Ontario Photo card with just my new passport since it has a link to my old name? Do I need any additional documents to support the name change?

Thanks.

ildebee

Apr 11, 2017
I have a question around filling the form 5644e - Document Checklist in online PR renewal

Include the following items with your application.

[checkbox] Proof of residency requirements if you were outside of Canada for 1095 days or more in the last 5 years. Please refer to Appendix A of the instruction guide for a list of the documents required.

I was not outside Canada for more than 1095 days in the last 5 years.

Do we leave this checkbox unchecked and not send any appendix A support documents? The location of this question in the 'include' section (if I interpret it as mandatory) makes it ambiguous.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can we apply online for pr renewal from outside of Canada ? And have it delivered inside Canada ?
Chck the forms carefully. It's my understanding with the new form that you must apply for PR card from within Canada, and positively affirm (promise) that everything in the application is true.

In other words, apply from outside and saying you are inside Canada may constitute misrepresentation and have consequences.

canada23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Dear experts,

I have submitted pr renewal thru online portal and now the status shows application returned due to missing payment. I have attached proof of payment so i dont know why it is returned.

My question is do i submit a new application or what do i do?

Please advise.

singh2013

Jun 9, 2014
I have the same problem but don't have the answer for it - looks like it would be a common thing for many folks. Wondering what others are filling in the family name and given name fields?
I think this is not uncommon. My wife doesn't have any surname on her passport.
She leaves it blank wherever it is not mandatory which is not the case in most Canadian applications.
So, she put Not Applicable in the Given name field and the name in the Family name field.
She did that in her PR application back in 2016 and PR card renewal online recently.

This link helped us in 2016.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

singh2013

Jun 9, 2014
Dear experts,

I have submitted pr renewal thru online portal and now the status shows application returned due to missing payment. I have attached proof of payment so i dont know why it is returned.

My question is do i submit a new application or what do i do?

Please advise.
I also saw a return reason for a week and then it went away. We received the PR card. The reason was missing photos. I think they still have bugs in this application.
If you are sure that you have uploaded the fee receipt and you are not in a hurry, wait for a week before initiating another application.

canada23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hello Everyone

I applied pr card renewal online, now when I call IRCC to check status they ask for for application number. I could not find it anywhere;

For those who applied online, where do you get your application online.

Thanks

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hello Everyone

I applied pr card renewal online, now when I call IRCC to check status they ask for for application number. I could not find it anywhere;

For those who applied online, where do you get your application online.

Thanks
If you applied recently, you won't get application number automatically. They will send you AOR, this is where you will be able to get your Application Number. If you have applied long ago, but never received AOR or don't know the application number, then go to GCKEY and link your application using your UCI and name. If your application exists or in progress, GCKEY will prompt you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Reactions: canada23

canada23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
If you applied recently, you won't get application number automatically. They will send you AOR, this is where you will be able to get your Application Number. If you have applied long ago, but never received AOR or don't know the application number, then go to GCKEY and link your application using your UCI and name. If your application exists or in progress, GCKEY will prompt you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Thank you