+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I personally believe that there is no delay, and you will soon see that the status changed, it will then move fast. I was looking at some of the timelines that ppl are posting on this thread: PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline some of which are for online submissions, I see one person who submitted early June, got AOR after a month, then after a week his card was sent for delivery. I think all this waiting time with the status at "submitted" is part of the 60 days expected timeline to have a PR card renewed. Once you have the AOR you can then track progress in ecas.
I finally get AOR just for my application after exactly one month of application submission and on the same day ECAS status showing as "Decision Made", still waiting for AOR for my other family members PR Cards renewal applications that were sent altogether. Finally some movement is noticed.

yuz2022

May 12, 2022
I finally get AOR just for my application after exactly one month of application submission and on the same day ECAS status showing as "Decision Made", still waiting for AOR for my other family members PR Cards renewal applications that were sent altogether. Finally some movement is noticed.
congrats, thanks for the update

Reactions: RazaM

yuz2022

May 12, 2022
what's the status in your online portal?
still show “submitted”?

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hello RazaM,

how did you submit the back of the photo?
I was actually ready to submit paper application, my package was ready when I came to know that I can apply for PR Card renewal through PR Portal. So I scanned and upload the photo that I got from Photo studio that had stamp on the back side. I followed the instruction given in the Photo specs guide, wrote my name on it with DOB.

Hope this information helps.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I was actually ready to submit paper application, my package was ready when I came to know that I can apply for PR Card renewal through PR Portal. So I scanned and upload the photo that I got from Photo studio that had stamp on the back side. I followed the instruction given in the Photo specs guide, wrote my name on it with DOB.

Hope this information helps.
Thanks and photo was accepted
it did not return? correct?

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Thanks and photo was accepted
it did not return? correct?
My front side photo was not accepted by the system, so I had to do some editing and finally it was accepted.
My wife's photo was not accepted by the system, I spent hours in editing but it still didn't accept, but there is an option to submit photo with the consent that my application may return if photo is not accepted by the processing officer. So I submit photo which I believe was acceptable. I learned somewhere on this forum that a lot of people went through this trouble where there photos were not accepted by the system, but Human officer processed their applications without asking for another photo, so I hope ours will also be accepted.
I still have not received AOR for my family PR Card renewal application nor it's returned. Let see.

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
Congrats. Would you mind posting your timeline? I have submitted my online PR renewal app on 07/15.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
My front side photo was not accepted by the system, so I had to do some editing and finally it was accepted.
My wife's photo was not accepted by the system, I spent hours in editing but it still didn't accept, but there is an option to submit photo with the consent that my application may return if photo is not accepted by the processing officer. So I submit photo which I believe was acceptable. I learned somewhere on this forum that a lot of people went through this trouble where there photos were not accepted by the system, but Human officer processed their applications without asking for another photo, so I hope ours will also be accepted.
I still have not received AOR for my family PR Card renewal application nor it's returned. Let see.
Thanks

Moonshot

Jul 27, 2022
Never mind, I finally got it to work! Another bug I suppose. When I added the reason for a travel item in the "time spent outside Canada" table, it was around 30 words. I shortened that to a couple of words and now I'm able to submit! That's crazy because it wasn't giving an error. Anyway, thanks for all the help. I will keep you posted of progress.
This worked. The ready to submit form now shows on form IM 5444. However after signing everything and consent declaration the "submit your application" button still greyed out.

yuz2022

May 12, 2022
All applications were submitted on June 19, but as per IRCC they received it on June 22.
AOR: July 20 (Just for me, still waiting AOR for my family PR card renewal application)
so IRCC will send both AOR and DM email notice, right?

Wave1rose

Jul 7, 2021
Hello
I am also experiencing same issue while submitting my online app for PR card renewal. It is not showing 'Ready to Submit' button next to the IMM 5444 form. Were you able to find solution to this?
Please guide me about the next steps. Is it better to submit paper application?
Thanks

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hello
I am also experiencing same issue while submitting my online app for PR card renewal. It is not showing 'Ready to Submit' button next to the IMM 5444 form. Were you able to find solution to this?
Please guide me about the next steps. Is it better to submit paper application?
Thanks
It's hard to tell why "Ready to Submit" button is greyed out for you. Try to go to each page of application and edit data, and see if this enables Submit button. Otherwise I would say Paper application seems like faster than Online application.

Reactions: Wave1rose