+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

Yukoneer

Jun 14, 2021
I had same issue. check your dates. The start date for one should be the same as end date of another. for ex: say you started working at ABC on 19-08-2017 then your previous end date has to 19-08-2017 and not 18-08-2017 or anything else.

regarding photo upload.. i had same issue. go to any photo studio and get the jpeg / digital copy of the passport size. that gets accepted.
Hi @RazaM,
I am also facing the issue of photo upload. My application got returned with 'photos missing' error. I re-uploaded mine and now going to wait and watch. As for my wife, infront of her application the message of 'photos missing' is coming although I haven't received any email stating application is returned. It is so frustrating. I just wanted to check if any remedy for this error has been found. Thanks

singh2013

Jun 9, 2014
Hi @RazaM,
I am also facing the issue of photo upload. My application got returned with 'photos missing' error. I re-uploaded mine and now going to wait and watch. As for my wife, infront of her application the message of 'photos missing' is coming although I haven't received any email stating application is returned. It is so frustrating. I just wanted to check if any remedy for this error has been found. Thanks
My application was ok but my wife's application had the same issue. It started showing photos missing error so, I submitted the paper application for her. After almost 2-3 weeks I logged in again, the error is gone o_O

Some people pointed out right...The application has a lot of bugs.
If you have time, I think you should let your submitted application sit with errors for a while...someone must be checking these applications manually and if it's ok...they will clear out the errors and may accept it
Haven't received the AOR yet. Application submitted on 11th July.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tall ganesh

masrani

Mar 8, 2011
Ok. Many thanks. If i have to call to check then do you have the number if so if you can please provide.
Just to let you know I got my Renewed PR today in post though on the online portal it still shows status as "submitted". Many thanks for the advice.

KaraJoToronto

Aug 26, 2022
Never mind, I finally got it to work! Another bug I suppose. When I added the reason for a travel item in the "time spent outside Canada" table, it was around 30 words. I shortened that to a couple of words and now I'm able to submit! That's crazy because it wasn't giving an error. Anyway, thanks for all the help. I will keep you posted of progress.
Thanks so much. This was my issue and have now been able to submit.

Reactions: gus99

akshatk

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-09-2016
File Transfer...
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
01-05-2016
Submitted PR renewal applications online via PR portal on June 28 for family of 3.
No AOR or any updates but received one of the PR card on Aug 3 and remaining 2 on Aug 9. PR portal still shows submitted.
thanks, after reading your update, I went and checked my mail box and new pr card was there :), thank you

Reactions: YVR123

singh2013

Jun 9, 2014
Same here. I submitted my PR card renewal online on July 11th.
No AOR. Online status still show submitted
Received my PR card last week.
Timeline approximately 50 days

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
congrats for who recevied the card via the new online system. I am in the same boat, I have applied my card last week on sept 2 as I lost my previous card and I need to travel in november.

I also had to bypass the error of bright or dark photo by consent. Hopefully the human officer doesnt make any issue out of it.

time is short in november 24, do you think it will be able to process before that? Current processing time shows 78 days

txincanada

Sep 7, 2022
Hello. I submitted my application for PR renewal on 2022/08/21.

Return Reason: Incomplete Application
Action: View button is grayed out, not click able.

There is no indication of why the application is incomplete.

Has anyone else gotten this return reason, and if so, was any reason given. Thanks.

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Hello. I submitted my application for PR renewal on 2022/08/21.

Return Reason: Incomplete Application
Action: View button is grayed out, not click able.

There is no indication of why the application is incomplete.

Has anyone else gotten this return reason, and if so, was any reason given. Thanks.
HI, for that return, when did the resaon started to appear after application?

norton

Jun 14, 2017
I have submitted my PR renewal application last month and i tried to link my app in GC key it only have old info. How do we track the application for renewal. My online portal stays as submitted Aug 11.

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
I'm not sure when it was updated. There is no date telling me when it was updated.

This is the first time I've checked the PR Portal in 2 weeks.
I think its a need to contact the IRCC representatives asking what went wrong with the application and perhaps apply for a new application