+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal residency obligation relaxation request emails to MPs and PM

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi All,

I am writing this to all whose PR card is expiring this year and they are lacking 2 years residency to send email to respective MPs, ministers and MPs to request for relaxation of 6 months for renewal of PR card for this year due to the impact of COVID.

I have already sent email requesting for relaxation of at least 6 months for renewal of PR card for this year due to the impact of COVID. Reason I have mentioned is the impact on our planning due to the COVID and many of us got stuck outside Canada. Reasons I've mentioned is

1. Housing prices are going so much high here and we need to sell our properties or other stuff back home and bring money in Canada to buy home.
2. To handle other family issues for those whose close relatives have been died and need to make a visit as they are staying in Canada here under grief.

You can add any other reasons you deem missing.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi All,

I am writing this to all whose PR card is expiring this year and they are lacking 2 years residency to send email to respective MPs, ministers and MPs to request for relaxation of 6 months for renewal of PR card for this year due to the impact of COVID.

I have already sent email requesting for relaxation of at least 6 months for renewal of PR card for this year due to the impact of COVID. Reason I have mentioned is the impact on our planning due to the COVID and many of us got stuck outside Canada. Reasons I've mentioned is

1. Housing prices are going so much high here and we need to sell our properties or other stuff back home and bring money in Canada to buy home.
2. To handle other family issues for those whose close relatives have been died and need to make a visit as they are staying in Canada here under grief.

So how would you explain the other 2 years you had prior to Covid to meet your RO?

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Well, due to the policy many chose to return back in the last 2 years and plan accordingly and that plan has been impacted by the COVID. My point in the application as I have discussed this point

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
It seems like a waste of time; the R/O is already incredibly lenient. More people in this situation need to make a decision to actually land and meet R/O in timely manner.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Based on your previous posts you have been in Canada in 2020. There is no reason why you need a valid PR card and can remain in Canada until you meet your RO. If you aren’t compliant with your RO you shouldn’t be sponsoring your child.

There is no reason why you need to buy a home when you come to Canada especially immediately. Visits for funerals or to comfort family can be done in weeks/months. As previously noted the RO of 2 out of 5 years is extremely lenient. Unfortunately people often plan on leaving their home country right before the 3 years and then some emergency comes up and that’s why they don’t meet their RO. If people are willing to risk leaving their home country so close to the 3 year mark they have to deal with the consequences if something happens at the last minute. Others leave a large amount of buffer time knowing things happen.

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
@canuck78

This isn't a leniency but a law and any law can be relaxed keeping in consideration the exceptional circumstances the whole world has been going through.. In Australia even if you land the last day of 5th year, you are good to go. These laws have been made to facilitate the public and not a tool to punish the public. One should first understand these basics and that can only come after being a resident of Canada for sometime. Anyone sitting outside especially in another third world country can never have a slightest idea of these things unfortunately.

This isn't a country where laws have been made to punish and target the public. One should get out of that kind of mindset and should leave behind that back home negative minded mentality. It is a different world where laws are being made for humans and to help humans.

I'm rather shocked to see that few with zero knowledge of the systems here have so much free time to spread negativity on this forum. After reading the reply on my post, I just decided to check the comments trail hoping to find shut up calls from someone to this kind of negative mentality and to my pleasant surprise I just found it where another member has rightly asked to stay away form the posts and shouldn't bother to reply on her thread citing the zero knowledge reason. It was exactly the same reaction came to my mind.

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
@limhockkiong

My request has been taken positively and although I'm not sure about the final outcome but initial response is quite encouraging. Waiting and hoping to have positive response and trying to gain more support from here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78

This isn't a leniency but a law and any law can be relaxed keeping in consideration the exceptional circumstances the whole world has been going through.. In Australia even if you land the last day of 5th year, you are good to go. These laws have been made to facilitate the public and not a tool to punish the public. One should first understand these basics and that can only come after being a resident of Canada for sometime. Anyone sitting outside especially in another third world country can never have a slightest idea of these things unfortunately.

This isn't a country where laws have been made to punish and target the public. One should get out of that kind of mindset and should leave behind that back home negative minded mentality. It is a different world where laws are being made for humans and to help humans.

I'm rather shocked to see that few with zero knowledge of the systems here have so much free time to spread negativity on this forum. After reading the reply on my post, I just decided to check the comments trail hoping to find shut up calls from someone to this kind of negative mentality and to my pleasant surprise I just found it where another member has rightly asked to stay away form the posts and shouldn't bother to reply on her thread citing the zero knowledge reason. It was exactly the same reaction came to my mind.
We aren't in Australia so not why Canada be compared especially since Australia has severely limited who could enter the country for the past year while Canada has not. 2 out of 5 years is extremely lenient and gives people plenty of time to sell a home or business. You can always plead your case for leniency at the border. Housing prices and the ability to immigrate have nothing to do with each other.

Reactions: Qwertypod

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
@canuck78

Then get PR for Australia

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This.

There may be some negativity on this forum, but there are also many who have gone through the various processes and see the same posts over and over - make everything as easy as possible so that I don’t have to commit and can come and go as I please...
Canada essentially gives away citizenship very easy yet people still complain. Compared to other countries Canada is very flexible and requires a very small time commitment. We really should be increasing the time to citizenship to be on par with other countries and requiring people to remain in the country while they apply.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Canada essentially gives away citizenship very easy yet people still complain. Compared to other countries Canada is very flexible and requires a very small time commitment. We really should be increasing the time to citizenship to be on par with other countries and requiring people to remain in the country while they apply.
So you and Copingwithlife both aren't comfortable with the time duration requirement of Canada for immigrants and want to increase it.

I've golden suggestion for you and Copingwithlife

You both can apply or move to another country requiring people to remain in country for much more years than Canada. Since Majority 99999.99 want further relaxation and you two only are exception. And rules aren't made for exceptions but for the majority.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So you and Copingwithlife both aren't comfortable with the time duration requirement of Canada for immigrants and want to increase it.

You both can apply or move to another country requiring people to remain in country for much more years than Canada. Since Majority 99999.99 want further relaxation and you two only are exception. And rules aren't made for exceptions but for the majority.
Well, I doubt that 99999.99 want that (99.9% would have been easier by the way) and they aren’t the exceptions, rather the majority, as Canadians consistently indicate immigration is currently a little on the lax side. Here’s a suggestion....when you get your PR actually become a permanent resident. 3 years you can apply for citizenship and stay outside of the country as long as you desire. Until then, 2 years residency obligation is exceptionally generous (try and pull that one off In the US). You are going to have to deal with it as it’s never going to be less than 2 years...potentially longer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Think the majority of Canadians agree with me that immigration rules are too lax. We value citizenship and feel like we should be on par with other countries. 5 years (or more) is much more common for citizenship and require people to remain in Canada until they are granted citizenship. The goal is to retain immigrants in Canada and having to remain in Canada for at least 5 years increases the chances that people will only commit to Canada if they have longterm plans to remain in Canada. It would also stop people from coming to Canada for 3 years without any plans to remain. Only people who want to leave Canada or want to immigrate want rules to be relaxed.