+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal residency obligation relaxation request emails to MPs and PM

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Majority of Canadian DON'T AGREE with you because they have voted in favor of Liberal party who made it clear before elections that they are going to relax rules for immigration. For a healthy discussion one should have understanding of basic facts which you are comfortably misquoting.
Canadians have already granted the mandate to this Govt and we are all set to file petition to help residents in this time of COVID.
I am really shocked to see the reaction of few heartless members who instead doesn't understand the pandemic and misery the residents are going through. Luckily none of the person of this kind of negative mentality is in power to create suffering for the residents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Majority of Canadian DON'T AGREE with you because they have voted in favor of Liberal party who made it clear before elections that they are going to relax rules for immigration. For a healthy discussion one should have understanding of basic facts which you are comfortably misquoting.
Canadians have already granted the mandate to this Govt and we are all set to file petition to help residents in this time of COVID.
I am really shocked to see the reaction of few heartless members who instead doesn't understand the pandemic and misery the residents are going through. Luckily none of the person of this kind of negative mentality is in power to create suffering for the residents.
Most Canadians have no idea what are our immigration policies are they are just pro immigration. If you stopped most people on the street who haven't been through the process they would have no idea about the specifics of our immigration policies. Voting for the liberal party doesn't mean you voted for all their policies. I voted Liberal! The mandate has already met. Immigration targets have been increased and citizenship can now be obtained in 3 years. Don't think the majority of people who were for the change to 3 years realize you can have left Canada and still receive citizenship. Being pro immigration means welcoming immigrants who want to remain in Canada, work in Canada and pay taxes in Canada. Don't think any party member supports allowing people to apply for citizenship when they have already left Canada with no intention of returning. People just assume that this isn't possible because it sounds absurd. 2 out of 5 years is also incredibly lenient. No Canadian wants immigrants who are not willing to commit to Canada in a reasonable amount of time to immigrate because we count on people to immigrate within 5 years to meet our immigration targets and add to the labour force. Most Canadians not only appreciate the cultural diversity of Canada but realize we are an ageing population and need young people to immigrate.

Would add that things like housing prices have nothing to do with the timing of immigration. The majority of immigrants don't buy houses on arrival and dealing with the death of a family member does not take over 3 years. Those were your arguments.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Have you gone out of your way to advocate for other immigrants' situations when you compare them to other countries or are you just focused on the one rule that specifically affects your situation? Just curious.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not having a valid PR card is also not an issue. You can remain in Canada without a valid PR card. PR card is only needed to travel by air into Canada. In your scenario you don’t even need leniency.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not having a valid PR card is also not an issue. You can remain in Canada without a valid PR card. PR card is only needed to travel by air into Canada. In your scenario you don’t even need leniency.
PR card is also needed for identification purposes. Not having a valid PR card can be an issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PR card is also needed for identification purposes. Not having a valid PR card can be an issue.
There are many other forms of ID that one can use. A valid PR card is not essential. Some have gone decades without one because they have never left Canada or gone by car to US.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
I’ve been following these conversations for a couple of years now, during and subsequent to sponsoring my wife for PR. While we waited we were stuck for a few years in a sh*thole country, albeit one with nice people and a great climate.

We were ecstatic when we arrived even though we were greeted by full winter. Better than living in a kleptocracy!

And after arriving in Canada - I had been gone nearly 30 years - I was astounded to find in these pages stories from people who received PR then bolted back to their home countries, only to complain once it became apparent they couldn’t meet RO.

WTF? Why bother to go through the hassle of obtaining PR I’d they aren’t going to move here right away? I don’t get it.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’ve been following these conversations for a couple of years now, during and subsequent to sponsoring my wife for PR. While we waited we were stuck for a few years in a sh*thole country, albeit one with nice people and a great climate.

We were ecstatic when we arrived even though we were greeted by full winter. Better than living in a kleptocracy!

And after arriving in Canada - I had been gone nearly 30 years - I was astounded to find in these pages stories from people who received PR then bolted back to their home countries, only to complain once it became apparent they couldn’t meet RO.

WTF? Why bother to go through the hassle of obtaining PR I’d they aren’t going to move here right away? I don’t get it.
There are many reasons why people go through the hassle and return to home countries even became Canadian citizens.

These might include but not limited to: found a place where cost of living much lower than Canada.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Driver license in BC. See acceptable primary identification.
We are talking about longterm residents who have not renewed their PR card but entered with a valid PR card They can use their old driver’s license to renew their driver’s license. You can also use your BC services card which everyone should have if living in BC.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are talking about longterm residents who have not renewed their PR card but entered with a valid PR card They can use their old driver’s license to renew their driver’s license. You can also use your BC services card which everyone should have if living in BC.
Longterm residents of one province who have not renewed their PR card but entered with a valid PR card can still move to BC. They probably still need the valid PR card to get BC driver license.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
There are many reasons why people go through the hassle and return to home countries even became Canadian citizens.

These might include but not limited to: found a place where cost of living much lower than Canada.
Sure, I understand that. But you’d think a bit of research before investing time and money in the PR process would prevent such disillusionment. As for acquiring Canadian citizenship and therefore passports, I don’t mind except that the application fees don’t cover the full costs of the process. Maybe we should just do like St. Lucia, Malta etc and just sell passports on the open market lol

Last edited: