+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

786sandyji

Feb 1, 2024
I am in the same situation. I am unable to link my application on GCKEY as well. However, I received application number by calling IRCC.

My PR Card expires in June 2024.
In my situation I had nothing with me. NO application number/case number, no AOR, No conformation, no access to GC key.

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
I submitted my PR renewal application on Dec 24, 2023 and It is still in submitted status. Did you do anything differently? I am also unable to link the application to IRCC account and also did not get a confirmation.
Nothing different. NO AOR. NO confirmation. NO email from IRCC.

Reactions: 786sandyji

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
Online application for PR card renewal (Not urgent)
Submitted on Mar. 16, 2024
Linked to IRCC secure account on Mar. 25, 2024 (Received on Mar. 25, 2024)
Approved on Mar. 26, 2024 (We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.)
Update: PR card received on Apr. 3, 2024.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Congrats. How did you get the application #? I applied on March 25 but no email the status is still submitted.
most of us called IRCC and got it from customer service.

Jeff__

Apr 4, 2024
I have been trying to link my application on the IRCC website since Dec 25, 2023 (date of submitting my application). While speaking with the IRCC agent, I was told that if the submission have X at the start, you will not be able to link the application until, the processing agent deletes the X at the start.
My application number starts with XR____________.
Also, this could mean that the application is not looked at and is still in the queue for review.
Thanks for sharing.
Looks like we are on the same boat. I submitted my application on Jan 3rd 2024, and still waiting for my card. I call IRCC almost every week since Feb, and each time they just told me it is in progress. My application number also starts with XR, and I cannot link.
I just had my trip in US, and had to change my flight to fly to Seattle instead.
I am getting another trip coming up to US on April 20th, seems like I have to change my flight again. Very frustrating and time wasting.

Fantinho Pereira

Sep 26, 2019
Thanks for sharing.
Looks like we are on the same boat. I submitted my application on Jan 3rd 2024, and still waiting for my card. I call IRCC almost every week since Feb, and each time they just told me it is in progress. My application number also starts with XR, and I cannot link.
I just had my trip in US, and had to change my flight to fly to Seattle instead.
I am getting another trip coming up to US on April 20th, seems like I have to change my flight again. Very frustrating and time wasting.
Have you tried sending an urgent request with your travel plan (including ticket booking) to expedite the process.

Below are some of the steps I took, with not much solution:
1. Called the IRCC line and was told that they have made a note that the application is beyond processing time and there is nothing that they can do.
2. Sent an urgent request with my travel plan and the IRCC agent confirmed that they have received my request and have made a note on my file.
3. Asked my local MP to intervene, got a response that the application is under process and nothing further required at the moment. Our local MP (rep) mentioned that they do not have the authority to intervene or expedite any file.

Jeff__

Apr 4, 2024
Have you tried sending an urgent request with your travel plan (including ticket booking) to expedite the process.

Below are some of the steps I took, with not much solution:
1. Called the IRCC line and was told that they have made a note that the application is beyond processing time and there is nothing that they can do.
2. Sent an urgent request with my travel plan and the IRCC agent confirmed that they have received my request and have made a note on my file.
3. Asked my local MP to intervene, got a response that the application is under process and nothing further required at the moment. Our local MP (rep) mentioned that they do not have the authority to intervene or expedite any file.
Yes, I have done all of what you have done! I sent the urgent processing request on Mar 12th, and today they notified me the additional documents for urgent processing is attached to my application (which is hilarious :D ).
After trying all these, I feel like the ultimate solution is just wait and do nothing...At least our time is not wasted by trying all these.

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
Congrats. How did you get the application #? I applied on March 25 but no email the status is still submitted.
I used the UCI and basic info to link the application before I got the application No.
The status in the PR portal remains Submitted all the time.

miak266

Aug 16, 2016
I used the UCI and basic info to link the application before I got the application No.
The status in the PR portal remains Submitted all the time.
Thanks- I did the same and it linked the old PR card request when I became a permanent resident in 2019.

There seems to be no registration for my application yet.

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Can someone please advise can we add kids applications under same login ID? or do we need to created separate accounts with separate email IDs?

kolterahul

Nov 27, 2016
Can someone please advise can we add kids applications under same login ID? or do we need to created separate accounts with separate email IDs?
Hi,
You can apply under the same login id.
Payment also can be done together for all applications and same receipt can be attached.

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hi,
You can apply under the same login id.
Payment also can be done together for all applications and same receipt can be attached.
Thanks but it is not allowing me to add another application under the same login ID.
When I try it throws an error as below

"Please note, you currently have an application in progress. If you would like to resume with completing that application, please visit the “View my applications” page."

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Thanks but it is not allowing me to add another application under the same login ID.
When I try it throws an error as below

"Please note, you currently have an application in progress. If you would like to resume with completing that application, please visit the “View my applications” page."
@kolterahul Could you please advise how should I proceed in this case. Your response is much appreciated.

Fantinho Pereira

Sep 26, 2019
Yes, I have done all of what you have done! I sent the urgent processing request on Mar 12th, and today they notified me the additional documents for urgent processing is attached to my application (which is hilarious :D ).
After trying all these, I feel like the ultimate solution is just wait and do nothing...At least our time is not wasted by trying all these.
Hi Jeff, were you able to get any further update on your application.