+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

wonderingnomad

Nov 13, 2018
Could find a thread for renewal timeline for 2024. So here I am.
Submitted my PR card renewal application 1/21/2024. Anyone on the same timeline? So far I ve got no news, and unable to link it to cic account....
Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery

ISM_14

Jan 27, 2018
I'm also submitting mine - did you notice a change in the document requirements? most people I know didn't have to submit any residence proof but the document checklist i downloaded seems to mandate the documents in Appendix A.

What did you submit for that?

Also - such a pain to get the photos right. The scans don't meet the pixel density and the authorized photographers can't give me digital copies. May it's just men. Would love to hear your inputs.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm also submitting mine - did you notice a change in the document requirements? most people I know didn't have to submit any residence proof but the document checklist i downloaded seems to mandate the documents in Appendix A.

What did you submit for that?

Also - such a pain to get the photos right. The scans don't meet the pixel density and the authorized photographers can't give me digital copies. May it's just men. Would love to hear your inputs.
As of sometime last year, ALL PR renewal applications (even a person that has never left Canada) must provide 2 pieces of evidence of residing in Canada. This does NOT mean a person needs 5 years worth of evidence; just 2 pieces (maybe from diferrent time periods) within that 5 year window.

ISM_14

Jan 27, 2018
ah cool! I managed to consolidate last 2.5 years of consecutive paystubs.
Do you think that will suffice along with the bank statements?

I could also submit the Notice of assessment but I haven't done my 2023 taxes yet and would rather not wait for the assessment notice to arrive.

Thanks agian

786sandyji

Feb 1, 2024
I submit a PR card renewal online application for my husband on 17 Jan, 2024. It's showing submitted that's all. Even I didn't receive any confirmation email. :oops:

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
I submitted pr card renewal application today via online. It shows submitted status but "view" button is disabled.
I have not received any email confirmation yet.
Is it normal to have "view" button greyout ?

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
I have a question regarding travel outside Canada.

I landed in 2019 March, left Canada in 2019 July and returned in 2022 April. During this period of absence, I was in Singapore, Australia, Indonesia and India. Do I need to mention a separate travel for each trip or just once absence that includes a mention of all the places I visited and mention the rest in address history?

SPKU

Mar 19, 2016
I submitted pr card renewal application today via online. It shows submitted status but "view" button is disabled.
I have not received any email confirmation yet.
Is it normal to have "view" button greyout ?
Yes, it's normal.

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024
Please help me
My husband pr card renewal application submitted on 18/10/23 and lawyer was not fully information submitted about my pr card renewal application 20 December ircc want fully information about border crossings's all that
And January 05 resubmitted all documents regarding us border cross
Now show processing status. submitted
Anyone please help me tell me the how much time to renewl my husband pr card please reply

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help me
My husband pr card renewal application submitted on 18/10/23 and lawyer was not fully information submitted about my pr card renewal application 20 December ircc want fully information about border crossings's all that
And January 05 resubmitted all documents regarding us border cross
Now show processing status. submitted
Anyone please help me tell me the how much time to renewl my husband pr card please reply
Unfortunately, it might take longer now (much more than posted processing time).

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
I have applied for PR Renewal and mailed all required documents. The tracking showed that they received my package on Dec 11, 2023. I got an email from IRCC on Jan 15, 2024, that they have received my application and will process it.

But later when I checked my application status, I can see the following details as below:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 11, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2024.
  3. We started processing your application on January 15, 2024.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 15, 2024. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 15, 2024.
Today is Feb 11, 2024, and I have not received the PR Card in the mail. So I want to know the following details
a) How long does it take to receive the PR Card once it is mailed out by IRCC?
b) I have 2 Addresses on my Application (Permanent and Mailing). So will I get the PR Card mailed to my Permanent Address or Mailing address?

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi, i submitted Pr renewal application on feb 1 via online. Still, i did not receive any confirmation email and view button on online still greyed out. Please advise if someone is on same timeline and submitted online application. Any update?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for PR Renewal and mailed all required documents. The tracking showed that they received my package on Dec 11, 2023. I got an email from IRCC on Jan 15, 2024, that they have received my application and will process it.

But later when I checked my application status, I can see the following details as below:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 11, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2024.
  3. We started processing your application on January 15, 2024.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 15, 2024. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 15, 2024.
Today is Feb 11, 2024, and I have not received the PR Card in the mail. So I want to know the following details
b) I have 2 Addresses on my Application (Permanent and Mailing). So will I get the PR Card mailed to my Permanent Address or Mailing address?
You have to wonder how the application could have possibly [really] been processed...approved...AND the PR Card printed and mailed, all on Jan 15, 2024.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 15, 2024.
IRCC will NOT mail PR cards to a mailing address, only the PR's residential address. Assuming the permanent address is your residential address, that is the address the card will likely be mailed to.

It appears that IRCC reports dates of mailing based on when the decision is made to mail the card, not when the card is actually, physically created let alone physically put into whatever conveyance is utilized to mail them. Actual date it is in-the-mail can vary due to physical logistics (there was a period last year, for example, when something interfered with physical printing of cards, leading to a much longer mailing time).

Anecdotal reporting generally indicates five to seven weeks to actually receive the card by mail, with some variability and exceptions, most plus but some less.

You have to wonder how the application could have possibly [really] been processed...approved...AND the PR Card printed and mailed, all on Jan 15, 2024.
Many PR card applications are opened, reviewed, and approved at more or less the same time.

(Such applications are likely considered low complex, and if submitted online would have good odds of being approved almost immediately, the date of the approval being within days or so of when the application is submitted, suggesting these benefit from automated decision-making, and the timeline is perhaps comparable to how some credit card transactions take a couple days to show up in account information online.)

As I noted above, the date card is reported to be mailed appears to be based on when decision is made to mail the card (sent into the queue to be created and mailed), not when the card is actually physically created let alone physically put into whatever conveyance is utilized to mail them.

While scores of anecdotal reports reflect a difference in dates for starting processing, approval, issuance, and mailing, the range for many (maybe even most) is from same day to all done within several days, up to a week or two. Applications not approved within this time period are most likely subject to some level of non-routine processing, which means what happens next and when is largely unpredictable, ranging from weeks more "in process" to those referred to local offices for investigation typically meaning months more, or those referred for Secondary review which can range from many months up to a year or so (although we have not seen many anecdotal reports of the those taking nearly a year for awhile now, so maybe IRCC has improved its processing efficiency for those in Secondary review).

It would be no surprise if there is a higher percentage of non-routine cases reflected in forum discussions, and anecdotal reporting here, because of the greater probability of forum participation among those apprehending concerns.