+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Online 2024

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hello guys,

I applied for my mother's PR renewal card on dated 15 May 2023, and still we are waiting for the same. No. of days has not been completed just because of health issue and covid-19. She visited in March 2023, till dated she is in Edmonton, Canada. (More than 370 days)

- After 08 months, on 28 December 2023, we received an email from IRCC office in order to resubmit photo and updated address.
- On 04th January 2024, photo received by officer confirmed by courier.
- On 13th February 2024, that PHOTO has been received and case is under review. In this regard, we approached to MPA office and got update on dated 29th February, through MPA office that:

' FILE TRANSFERED TO MONTREAL OFFICE FOR RESIDENCY OBLIGATION REVIEW"

' NO PROCESSING TIME APPLIES TO THE THIS APPLICATION'

Please do help me in this regard as how long would it take to process the same once the file has been forwarded to Montreal office.

Secondly, my mother needs to go to home country in first week of April. Is it safe to go without PR card and return to Canada with PRTD document.

Will she easily get PRTD document as case is under review.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
thanks for your reply. That rejection came through portal only. now it shows submitted. I never received any email about the photo quality i submitted with the application. I hope it will not affect my application
Interesting. My timeline is similar to yours, submitted Feb 23 and last updated per “inspect” on Mar 5th. No updates through application portal, unable to view status via Client application status either. Though in your case, they likely don’t need anything else and you should be receiving your card soon.

Iwantout90

Jan 27, 2018
Do we need to give biometrics for PR Card renewal?

Applied on 29 February 2024.
Last updated on 14 March 2024.

I applied for PR through Express Entry in July 2018. However, at that time, I believe I did not have to give biometrics. But upon using "Inspect" function, I noticed that there is a reject reason for my PR Card Renewal application "Insufficient Payment - Please review IMM5445".

I am renewing PR Card just for myself. I paid $50 and enclosed the receipt.

LaidBackLad

Mar 18, 2024
Hi Everyone,

We have applied for my partner's PR card renewal on the 18th of October, 2023. He has completed the required 2 years of stay in Canada( although having multiple trips within the period of 5 years). All documents have been cross checked, fees paid and properly checked before applying.

The GCkey login where the application is linked does not work ( honestly we've stopped trying). However, everytime we've called IRCC we are told it is still under review. It's been exactly 5 months and there is no sign of the PR card. Anybody else on the same page or any idea of why it may be taking so long for the renewal?

Any input would be highly beneficial and appreciated! Thank you!

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
My timeline for Online PR Card Renewal (Non-urgent)
Number of days in Canada when applied (March 08 2024): 730
Number of absences from Canada: 2 (2+ years and 79 days)
Number of days outside Canada on date of application: 1085
No AOR
GC Key able to link to application on March 13 2024 about half an hour after 'Inspect' changed to 'Complete'. GC Key shows date of submission of application as March 07 2024.
GCkey update - March 13, 2024 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Review of eligibility - March 18, 2024:Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Called IRCC multiple times but only got through the morning of March 18 2024 at 8am. IRCC agent said card has been mailed this morning (March 18 2024) and the GC Key account also provided the same information simultaneously. New card is valid until March 2029.
Old card is still valid in the system.
ECAS is still unable to find the application. No email updates at all.
Total days - 10

My understanding is that the final decision was taken on March 13 2024.
The update to the final decision was made on March 18 2024 once the card was mailed.
Until the morning of March 18 2024, the Final Decision showed eligibility under review and application being processed.

Documentation provided:
1. First page of passport
2. Photo ID Card (Both sides)
3. Health Card (Both sides)
4. Proof of residence (in 1 document - NoAs (first 2 pages only) for 2 years, T4E, 2 Payslips with addresses corresponding to where I lived in the address history and 1 bank statement from my initial 3 months in Canada in 2019 corresponding to the address where I lived at the time).
5. Digital photo taken at Shoppers Drug Mart and scanned the reverse side of the photo with the studio stamp and date, with my name and date of birth added
6. Divorce certificate since I got divorced after becoming PR and this was a change from the status at the first landing.

Address History and Absences: I gave all the addresses I lived at for over a month in the address history
1. For the longer (2+ year absence) - I wrote the name of the place where I spent the most time and added other countries visited in the Reason section. Please note there is a character limit in the Reason section so I had to try a few combinations before I figured out how to include everything.
2. For the 79 day absence, I included the address I visited in the address history - this was a Vacation and remote work and I listed that in the reason.

Will update once I receive the new card.

Last edited:
Reactions: idavid

MS201812

Jun 10, 2018
My husband paid for both of our PR card applications. The receipt shows total payment of $100 but the receipt has my husband's first initial and last name. Do you think this is going to be accepted as my payment receipt? I have already submitted the application online on March 9th. Inspect mode just says ready for review. I am super worried because I need to travel for work in June. My last name is different than my husband's but I submitted my marriage certificate with the application.

Fantinho Pereira

Sep 26, 2019
I submitted my PR Card renewal application on Dec 25, 2023. Still no update and the portal shows status "Submitted" with the view option disabled. I am also unable to link the application in the IRCC website as it appears that its not in their system.

I spoke to the IRCC agent and they informed me that they have a put a note on my file and cannot do anything further until further 60 days have lapsed. Anyone in the same situation?

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
I submitted my PR Card renewal application on Dec 25, 2023. Still no update and the portal shows status "Submitted" with the view option disabled. I am also unable to link the application in the IRCC website as it appears that its not in their system.

I spoke to the IRCC agent and they informed me that they have a put a note on my file and cannot do anything further until further 60 days have lapsed. Anyone in the same situation?
how’d you contact them?

Kamagg

Feb 3, 2024

My fiance apply pr card renewal application submitted January 10 2024 and 30 January showing in processing
And now i don't have any confirmation about that just showing
Application in processing
Please suggest how much more time we still wait ?

Last edited:

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
PR Card Renewal: Online Minor Application
Applied: 4th March
14th March- Under inspect mode " Completed"
IRCC Secure account: Not able to link new application but could see the old application status
Old application status updated: 19th March- " your document is invalid" -- hinting print of the new card

22nd March- Card received

Total working days applied to received: 15 days

Documents submitted:

1. Covering letter explaining list of documents
2. Residency: School report card front page 2 years, Skate Canada report card- one available, NoA one parent - 2 years as a single pdf
3. Parents ID proof and Birth Certificate in other document
4. The rest of the documents as per the application portal requirements. (PR card, Passport new and Old, health card etc.)

Thank you

Reactions: idavid

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
My timeline for Online PR Card Renewal (Non-urgent)
Number of days in Canada when applied (March 08 2024): 730
Number of absences from Canada: 2 (2+ years and 79 days)
Number of days outside Canada on date of application: 1085
No AOR
GC Key able to link to application on March 13 2024 about half an hour after 'Inspect' changed to 'Complete'. GC Key shows date of submission of application as March 07 2024.
GCkey update - March 13, 2024 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Review of eligibility - March 18, 2024:Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Called IRCC multiple times but only got through the morning of March 18 2024 at 8am. IRCC agent said card has been mailed this morning (March 18 2024) and the GC Key account also provided the same information simultaneously. New card is valid until March 2029.
Old card became invalid on March 19, 2024 and I received an email update about my renewal application status change.
ECAS is still unable to find the application. No email updates at all.
Total days - 10

My understanding is that the final decision was taken on March 13 2024.
The update to the final decision was made on March 18 2024 once the card was mailed.
Until the morning of March 18 2024, the Final Decision showed eligibility under review and application being processed.

Documentation provided:
1. First page of passport
2. Photo ID Card (Both sides)
3. Health Card (Both sides)
4. Proof of residence (in 1 document - NoAs (first 2 pages only) for 2 years, T4E, 2 Payslips with addresses corresponding to where I lived in the address history and 1 bank statement from my initial 3 months in Canada in 2019 corresponding to the address where I lived at the time).
5. Digital photo taken at Shoppers Drug Mart and scanned the reverse side of the photo with the studio stamp and date, with my name and date of birth added
6. Divorce certificate since I got divorced after becoming PR and this was a change from the status at the first landing.

Address History and Absences: I gave all the addresses I lived at for over a month in the address history
1. For the longer (2+ year absence) - I wrote the name of the place where I spent the most time and added other countries visited in the Reason section. Please note there is a character limit in the Reason section so I had to try a few combinations before I figured out how to include everything.
2. For the 79 day absence, I included the address I visited in the address history - this was a Vacation and remote work and I listed that in the reason.

Will update once I receive the new card.
March 22 2024 - PR Card received in the mail.
Total time from application to receipt of card - 15 days.

Last edited:

CanImmi77

Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

i submitted PR card renewal application on 25 Mar, 2024. The portal says it submitted.
I did not received submitted email.
I am not able to link the application to the GCK account.
How do i get the application number ?

miak266

Aug 16, 2016
Hello everyone,

i submitted PR card renewal application on 25 Mar, 2024. The portal says it submitted.
I did not received submitted email.
I am not able to link the application to the GCK account.
How do i get the application number ?
Same, applied today no email confirmation yet and no reference IRCC/GCK account.

jas1525

Oct 4, 2012
paper application for pr renewal.
Received: February 1, 2024
Confirmation letter : Feb. 23, 2024
Still on processing while checking online.
Try linking to my gc key but it only shows my previous pr app when single, does have delay if got married after being permanent?

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
Online application for PR card renewal (Not urgent)
Submitted on Mar. 16, 2024
Linked to IRCC secure account on Mar. 25, 2024 (Received on Mar. 25, 2024)
Approved on Mar. 26, 2024 (We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.)