+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal: No updates at all from IRCC

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
No I stayed outside of Canada for more than 5 years but with my Canadian spouse and if you are living with Canadian spouse without any break for the last 5 years then you are eligible and on that basis I applied and got PRTD visa, IRCC checked all the required documents for residential, proofs of relationship before they issued visa, even 2 times as 1st time was expired due to lockdown etc. it was big big emails sent to them with almost 70-80 pages attachments.

any advise.
Your situation is quite difficult, but R-1 on your PRTD is good sign than an RC-1. There will be some bumps during your processing so they can verify if you actually qualify for the "spouse credit" - which means yours will take longer to process. But since you are back in Canada, there will be no issue for your status - PRTD or PR card validity have no effects on it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am Permanent Resident of Canada applied for PR Card renewal.

Please advise my Permanent Residence visa is valid till Dec 2021 as I landed in Toronto in Feb 2021 with valid PRTD visa valid till Dec 2021 in passport.
What if I did not received my PR Card till Dec 2021, as IRCC is very busy.

Application Timeline

Application sent on 12/03/2021 delivered in IRCC on 19/03/2021
Application returned by IRCC dated on 25.05.2021 received by me on 17.06.2021, reason photographs and again signing of application as >90 days
Resend application on 24.06.2021

Please advise.
Think you are talking about your COPR being valid until December 2021. Once you land you can not use that to travel. You must apply for a PRTD or wait until you get your PR card and have someone send it to you.

Reactions: Arifshaikh

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Thanks @BadGamer6 ! Got the AOR today just around 8 days since I made the post! Finally! I thought I needed to send in another application or something. I am glad I asked here!

My Timeline.

Sent it on May 3rd.
Got the AOR on Sept 2nd.

122 days. is what it took me.

Now, I have to wait to see how much longer they will take to actually renew the PR. Or if they need additional documentation or clarification.
Hi
Did you post your documents on 3rd of May or this is the date they received your documents?

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
I became PR in June 2016 after landing with wife and 3 kids. Left canada, then came back in Dec 2017. Then left Canada for a long time, and only finally returned in April 2021 as PR card was about to expire in Sep 2021. I intend to stay permanently now to comply with residency obligation rule of 730 days, before applying for a new card. I had a difficult time with Immigration officer at Toronto airport, she spent some time typing her report which she said she will send to immigration. I pleaded with her that I am coming to stay permanently, and tried to explain to her why i could not stay in Canada. She said she will do her job,, and leave the rest to immigration. So now i am in the country for going for more than 5 months now, have not heard from immigration. Any chances immigration will kick me out, or just waive it? Now i came to live permanently.

hp208

Sep 14, 2021
This is the date they received the documents.
Any updates on this?! My receipt for a renewal card was May 17th and I still haven't heard anything.
On my online form it shows my old PR card (initial card) request but the date says Aug 20th 2021 which is confusing.
I am now trapped outside of Canada and deciding whether to wait for my new card or apply for a PRTD. What a nightmare!

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Any updates on this?! My receipt for a renewal card was May 17th and I still haven't heard anything.
On my online form it shows my old PR card (initial card) request but the date says Aug 20th 2021 which is confusing.
I am now trapped outside of Canada and deciding whether to wait for my new card or apply for a PRTD. What a nightmare!
Go for the PRTD if you need to come back.

hp208

Sep 14, 2021
Go for the PRTD if you need to come back.
but PRTD can still take a few weeks (they say it could be months!) and if my renewal card arrives I wouldn't be able to use it as I wouldn't have my passport... tricky!

My AOR arrived today though!
Sent May 17th
AOR Sept 15th
PR Card.... soon!?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I became PR in June 2016 after landing with wife and 3 kids. Left canada, then came back in Dec 2017. Then left Canada for a long time, and only finally returned in April 2021 as PR card was about to expire in Sep 2021. I intend to stay permanently now to comply with residency obligation rule of 730 days, before applying for a new card. I had a difficult time with Immigration officer at Toronto airport, she spent some time typing her report which she said she will send to immigration. I pleaded with her that I am coming to stay permanently, and tried to explain to her why i could not stay in Canada. She said she will do her job,, and leave the rest to immigration. So now i am in the country for going for more than 5 months now, have not heard from immigration. Any chances immigration will kick me out, or just waive it? Now i came to live permanently.
Have you provided your correct address to IRCC if they wanted to contact you?

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
Have you provided your correct address to IRCC if they wanted to contact you?
I provided my friends full address when filling the forms at the entry airport and his canadian phone number on 9 April 2021. soon it will be 6 months,, no communication from Immigration. Just hope all is fine.

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I just send my pr card renewal application the other day and just noticed that I forgot to include copy of my pr card with my package. It doesn't mention it in the application package but it mentions it in instructions. What to do now? Anybody had the same situation? Is it even required?

Thank you

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hello All,

I just send my pr card renewal application the other day and just noticed that I forgot to include copy of my pr card with my package. It doesn't mention it in the application package but it mentions it in instructions. What to do now? Anybody had the same situation? Is it even required?

Thank you
I understand your frustration but please avoid duplicate posting. Some people say its required, but some say it isn’t. At this time just stay put and wait for your AOR first. If they require it later on they will get in touch with you. But I remember it’s not part of the checklist so I’m assuming it is fine.

Reactions: P@ssw0rd1