+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

kumar135

May 27, 2020
Here are the details and timelines for my PR card renewal. Thanks.

- Applied online 4th Mar 2023
- Was able link on Gckey 6th May.
- Application approved on 31st May on Gckey.
- Ecas status still says application not found

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
I submitted my PR Card renewal application today i.e., June 6th. Can someone confirm on either of the following?
1. Within how many days of the application submission date, IRCC should have reviewed and confirmed on the photo either way good or bad.
or
2. After how many days from the application submission date, I can assume that I will no longer get any objection on the photo in case no comments were received by that day.

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here are the details and timelines for my PR card renewal. Thanks.

- Applied online 4th Mar 2023
- Was able link on Gckey 6th May.
- Application approved on 31st May on Gckey.
- Ecas status still says application not found
help me to link it. I have tried and unable to do so in thousands times

bas12

Apr 20, 2018

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • Sad
Reactions: bas12
May 31, 2023
I applied for a card renewal back in Feb, it was returned in March because of "Incomplete application". Only part "incomplete" was "Consent and Declaration" section. Submitted it again in March, and today my application was rejected again for the same reason.

I've contacted my MP about it, because this 1000% looks like a system error. I'll also submit a webform.
And I'll also re-apply in paper form, as I really need this damn card.

I'll let you know how that goes.
Hi, just wanted to alert other people in the same situation. If IRCC returns your online application, and the only thing marked as "Incomplete" is the Consent and Declaration section **it's because the problem is with your photo!**

Even though absolutely no comment is made on your photo, if you click on it the next page will say there's some sort of issue with it. The weird thing is when uploading it, the IRCC tool did say the photo was ok - otherwise I wouldn't have uploaded it like that.

Turns out my problem was with my photo, and I only knew that because I contacted my MP, which contacted IRCC, which informed me the issue was with the photo. And now I have to sit and wait 3 more months until my application is processed again. What an unnecessarily complicated and long process.

• Wow

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Hi, just wanted to alert other people in the same situation. If IRCC returns your online application, and the only thing marked as "Incomplete" is the Consent and Declaration section **it's because the problem is with your photo!**

Even though absolutely no comment is made on your photo, if you click on it the next page will say there's some sort of issue with it. The weird thing is when uploading it, the IRCC tool did say the photo was ok - otherwise I wouldn't have uploaded it like that.

Turns out my problem was with my photo, and I only knew that because I contacted my MP, which contacted IRCC, which informed me the issue was with the photo. And now I have to sit and wait 3 more months until my application is processed again. What an unnecessarily complicated and long process.
Can I ask what was the problem with the photo?

May 31, 2023
Can I ask what was the problem with the photo?
I don't remember exactly what the text said, but something along the lines of the photo being low quality. I had scanned a professional taken photo, and when uploading the IRCC website did say it was too dark/light. I tweaked it until the website tool was fine with it. This was many months ago.

But now I decided to take another photo from a studio, but this time in digital format, so I didn't have to scan anything. I then uploaded the digital photo. IRCC website said it was too dark/light. I contacted the studio, which tweaked their own photo and sent it back to me (turns out it was too dark). I uploaded their photo again, and it was fine - no warning from the website. Hopefully that does the trick.

Kamiste2

Jul 9, 2021
GC Key found an application for me...which I submitted in 2018...wth?
Same here...it's showing the first PR renewal application I did in 2018, so I guess it will be updated with the latest application once they've started processing it? Or maybe I need to call IRCC to get the new application number...

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Same here...it's showing the first PR renewal application I did in 2018, so I guess it will be updated with the latest application once they've started processing it? Or maybe I need to call IRCC to get the new application number...
I didn't get an AOR email, but when I called them they gave me an application number I was able to connect.
They usually take 1.5-2 months to officially "receive" the application though.

yoyo1104

May 26, 2023
I submitted my PR Card renewal application today i.e., June 6th. Can someone confirm on either of the following?
1. Within how many days of the application submission date, IRCC should have reviewed and confirmed on the photo either way good or bad.
or
2. After how many days from the application submission date, I can assume that I will no longer get any objection on the photo in case no comments were received by that day.
probably 2-3 months for both questions, and for question #2, only until after about 2-3 months and you receive the AOR, you will no longer get any rejection.

n.moustafa

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received confirmation email that paper application has been received.

• Date Received: March 17, 2023

A bit confused on the messaging though:

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Final decision - June 8, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does that mean it is still in progress or final decision made?

Thank you in advance.