+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

AaronL

Jun 1, 2023
In employment history, do we have to account for every single day since we landed in Canada? like if there is a gap of a few days between 2 jobs we list that and say unemployed?
Also, under "activity" we write what our job designation was?
If there is a gap even for a single day the system will not allow you to submit, (both for employment history & address history). I indicated as 'unemployed'.

Reactions: sv-canadatoindia

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
If there is a gap even for a single day the system will not allow you to submit, (both for employment history & address history). I indicated as 'unemployed'.
if there is a 1 month gap between 2 jobs and I spent half of that month in 1 city and the other half in another city, should I separate the 2 ? Coz even if one is unemployed, we still gotta write the city :/

AaronL

Jun 1, 2023
if there is a 1 month gap between 2 jobs and I spent half of that month in 1 city and the other half in another city, should I separate the 2 ? Coz even if one is unemployed, we still gotta write the city :/
Yes, I was unemployed for nearly 2 months & stayed at 3 locations during that period. (1 in my native & 2 in Canada) - So I split the unemployed period to three. - I was able to submit my application. Application still not processed - awaiting.

Jillztom

Aug 11, 2014
My card will expire on July 23 and I only applied for PR card renewal today. If the application takes longer than Jul 23, would there be any issue with my PR status?

theprabhsingh

Dec 6, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Doc's Request.
14-04-2022
AOR Received.
11-10-2019
File Transfer...
16-12-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2019
Med's Done....
20-11-2019
Interview........
02-03-2022
Passport Req..
22-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2022
LANDED..........
09-06-2022
I got mail from CIC today,
I submitted my application on 26th feb 2023
Received on 02nd March 2023
Today i got mail ?
Can anyone tell me how can i link my application on gckey ? Or where can i find my aor ?

sv-canadatoindia

May 10, 2023
Yes, I was unemployed for nearly 2 months & stayed at 3 locations during that period. (1 in my native & 2 in Canada) - So I split the unemployed period to three. - I was able to submit my application. Application still not processed - awaiting.
When had you submitted? do you think it causes delays if you switch jobs or places a lot?

njlevoyageur

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I applied for PR Card Renewal on 23th Mar, I was able to link using GCKey login today(2nd June), where it shows Submitted, and if I click on the status- In progress. I still cannot find anything ECAS though
I had to travel a couple of days ago out of the country due to some family emergency. Looking at the processing time I am wondering whether to apply for PRTD or wait for the card to be delivered and have someone courier it to me.

Look forward to your advice.

jlucaslee

May 19, 2023
Hi,
I applied for PR Card Renewal on 23th Mar, I was able to link using GCKey login today(2nd June), where it shows Submitted, and if I click on the status- In progress. I still cannot find anything ECAS though
I had to travel a couple of days ago out of the country due to some family emergency. Looking at the processing time I am wondering whether to apply for PRTD or wait for the card to be delivered and have someone courier it to me.

Look forward to your advice.
Did you apply online?