+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

torono24

May 3, 2023
For online PR renewal applicants waiting for an update: I called IRCC about my PR renewal application submitted in early April, and they said they are still processing Feb 22 online applications. It's going super slow.

jlucaslee

May 19, 2023
For online PR renewal applicants waiting for an update: I called IRCC about my PR renewal application submitted in early April, and they said they are still processing Feb 22 online applications. It's going super slow.
Thank you for sharing the info

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I applied on Feb 28, called their phone line in April, got the application number and was able to attach it to the GCKey account. Never got any AOR emails. There is no progress on the portal so far. When I call, they offer to send me some links on how to apply for a PRTD in a country where I travel, but they don't know PRTD processing times.
Seeing how folks on the forum are complaining about no progress on PRTD for 3 months, that's rather scary.

They also insist that my processing time should count from when it was received in April rather than when I submitted it online in February. Which contradicts the information on the website https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474&top=3
Not sure how they really count it, and if the website is wrong, or the person on the phone, or both the phone representative, and the people doing processing.

jlucaslee

May 19, 2023
I applied on Feb 28, called their phone line in April, got the application number and was able to attach it to the GCKey account. Never got any AOR emails. There is no progress on the portal so far. When I call, they offer to send me some links on how to apply for a PRTD in a country where I travel, but they don't know PRTD processing times.
Seeing how folks on the forum are complaining about no progress on PRTD for 3 months, that's rather scary.

They also insist that my processing time should count from when it was received in April rather than when I submitted it online in February. Which contradicts the information on the website https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474&top=3
Not sure how they really count it, and if the website is wrong, or the person on the phone, or both the phone representative, and the people doing processing.
I think you will get it soon!

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My got returned , saying back of the photo did not contain studio's - "Your photos do not meet the specifications, the back of your photo did not include the studio address "

It was a hand written information , even then they returned it.

Que - I applied in urgent but did not include the flight bookings , can I upload now and again submit in urgent ? off course with updated photo ?

@yoyo1104 - what you think ?

Last edited:

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
I applied via mail middle of March. I called after waiting an hour on the phone, they were not able to find my application and said that they are processing Feb applications. My only evidence is that i sent it via Fedex, registered and signed for by someone. the agent I spoke with seemed confused on the location that was sent. There are two addresses on the website, one for PO box and one for courrier. I sent it to the Courier address.

Reactions: MathToStat

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
I applied via mail middle of March. I called after waiting an hour on the phone, they were not able to find my application and said that they are processing Feb applications. My only evidence is that i sent it via Fedex, registered and signed for by someone. the agent I spoke with seemed confused on the location that was sent. There are two addresses on the website, one for PO box and one for courrier. I sent it to the Courier address.
I am exactly as yours. Let us be more patient.

yoyo1104

May 26, 2023
My got returned , saying back of the photo did not contain studio's - "Your photos do not meet the specifications, the back of your photo did not include the studio address "

It was a hand written information , even then they returned it.

Que - I applied in urgent but did not include the flight bookings , can I upload now and again submit in urgent ? off course with updated photo ?

@yoyo1104 - what you think ?
I think you can, but you definitely will have to include your flight booking confirmation, otherwise, they will still process as normal.

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you can, but you definitely will have to include your flight booking confirmation, otherwise, they will still process as normal.
Let's see - I got the new pic uploaded and also uploaded the flight booking last night, Hoping to be lucky like you @yoyo1104