+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Landed on 17th June in Calgary.
Was not able to track application status or change address but was able to link applications in GCKey
August 22nd received for my wife and kid - We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Also received an email from them requesting new photos for my PR Card and already mailed them.
Does it mean now I have to wait 3+ more months for my card?
Thanks
Read on some thread that photos sent in April are in process now, so you might have to wait for that long. Unfortunately.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Landed on 17th June in Calgary.
Was not able to track application status or change address but was able to link applications in GCKey
August 22nd received for my wife and kid - We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Also received an email from them requesting new photos for my PR Card and already mailed them.
Does it mean now I have to wait 3+ more months for my card?
Thanks
Was the mailing notification in the portal or sent by email?

Sandyzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Hi @Sandyzzz , @shenm777 @MortyC137 ,

I am also stuck something similar situation.

Submitted 3 application in same envelop for me, my daughters and my wife.
30th May delivered to Sydney NS.
AOR on July 5th for all 3 application
July 7th my application was approved and I can see status they mailed my PR card. July 11th I received PR card.
From July 6th till date status is decision made for my wife and daughters but still waiting for any progress.

I called IRCC 4 times first 3 times agent said nothing much they can do as card is already approved and send to printing, its some print shop issue.

Today I again called and tried to get more information with polite way :) agent suggested me to raise webform for urgent processing. But for urgent processing I need tickets to booked for any travel and our old cards are still valid till dec 2022.

So I asked anything else she can help. She said she wrote notes on file and as per there internal SLA she can not do anything today but if I call monday other agent can read her notes and other agent can escalate. Hope this solves soon.

Try calling IRCC and politely try to push, hope this may work for you people or you get any additional information please do share.
thanks for your information.
Did you call cic again today?
I am frustrated with this long wait. Called them a few times and they didn't help much.
really hope urs can be sloved soon

likingcanada

Aug 18, 2022
Hello Folks,
what is the number you called for CIC? They always asked to fill out a webform, but the webform always gives the same answer: our agent can only access the same info as you are, blar blar.

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
thanks for your information.
Did you call cic again today?
I am frustrated with this long wait. Called them a few times and they didn't help much.
really hope urs can be sloved soon
yes I called IRCC yesterday again.
Upfront told to Agent that old agent asked me to call so you can raise complain :p
They raised ticket to back office (I guess might be printshop) asking why this case is still stuck? I ask for ETA she said their is no such ETA. Next week I will again call :).

Thanks

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi, I am planning to apply for PR card renewal soon (offline mode). Can anyone confirm if we have to submit the photocopies of all pages of passport or just biographical pages only? Thanks in advance!

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hello Bhamarekm,
What is the number you called at IRCC? I used 1 888-242-2100 but no way to get to a human agent.
Hello Same number , its hard to get agent. but we need to keep trying. May be try after 3.30 before 4.00 and not on Monday :).
Try calling from multiple numbers, then higher chance to get connected.

Reactions: gus99

pankajsoni

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
What does e-mail for photo re-submission say? As in deadline, specifications and postal address to use to send photos? (I landed and live in Ontario)

Maha1981

Jan 25, 2011
Hi Maha1981.

Please keep us posted on whenever you receive your PR card in the mailbox.

Thanks.
The card was sent my mail on Aug 22nd. I might receive the card in couple of days.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 22, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 18, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 18, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 22, 2022.

Nov 14, 2017
Is there anyone on this forum here whose:

Application was received by IRCC in June (any date) and you have received your PR card.

Anyone?
Since my online application was not getting submitted, I submitted my paper application on June 31 2022, it was received on July 7th 2022. I received AOR on Aug 12 and decision made changed the same day. Received the PR card in the mail a few days later.

yogeshdoon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am planning to apply for PR card renewal soon (offline mode). Can anyone confirm if we have to submit the photocopies of all pages of passport or just biographical pages only? Thanks in advance!
biographical pages of the passport only for last 5 years, if the passport has been renewed in the last 5 years then both passport pages.

pankajsoni

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
The card was sent my mail on Aug 22nd. I might receive the card in couple of days.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 22, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 18, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 18, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 22, 2022.
Hi Maha1981, Is this for your Initial card (as in first landing)?