+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

shenm777

Aug 17, 2022
Mine is even earlier than yours and I am still waiting for my card. here is my timeline.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 12, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 5, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on May 5, 2022.
Mine is one month earlier than you but it's still processing.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 15, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 13, 2022.

BTW, I only have a couple of days absence in last 5 years. I don't know what I can do.

MortyC137

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
I landed in April but I had to submit new photographs in May.

I called IRCC today to check my application status.
Apparently they are now processing photograph submissions from April 4th.
I don't expect to receive my PR card in 2022.

Sandyzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Thats so frustrating. I am planning to travel next month and I am afraid I will not be able to return using the new PR. Have you called the IRCC
I called, the lady said my card is stuck at a print shop because of an issue.
Did you call cic?

Sandyzzz

Sep 28, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 15, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 13, 2022.

BTW, I only have a couple of days absence in last 5 years. I don't know what I can do.
OMG.
Can you let me know once you receive the card? Did you call cic and ask? I called them a few times already but seems my application has not updated to show my card is mailed out. So frustrating!

aanandac

Jul 17, 2017
Need some help.

My PR card is expiring on April, 2023. I am planning to renew my PR card online via PR portal.

Do i need to send the photocopy of my current destroyed PR card ? or just a photocopy of my current PR card ? In the document checklist (Imm5644e), it just mentioned to send the copy. Just wanted to confirm on this.
You just need to upload the form and copy of your PR card. You don't have to destroy pr card until you receive the new one.

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017

Hi @Sandyzzz , @shenm777 @MortyC137 ,

I am also stuck something similar situation.

Submitted 3 application in same envelop for me, my daughters and my wife.
30th May delivered to Sydney NS.
AOR on July 5th for all 3 application
July 7th my application was approved and I can see status they mailed my PR card. July 11th I received PR card.
From July 6th till date status is decision made for my wife and daughters but still waiting for any progress.

I called IRCC 4 times first 3 times agent said nothing much they can do as card is already approved and send to printing, its some print shop issue.

Today I again called and tried to get more information with polite way :) agent suggested me to raise webform for urgent processing. But for urgent processing I need tickets to booked for any travel and our old cards are still valid till dec 2022.

So I asked anything else she can help. She said she wrote notes on file and as per there internal SLA she can not do anything today but if I call monday other agent can read her notes and other agent can escalate. Hope this solves soon.

Try calling IRCC and politely try to push, hope this may work for you people or you get any additional information please do share.

lmlmlm972

Aug 4, 2022
Still waiting... so frustrating... Hoping for an update soon :(

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 29, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 8, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 8, 2022.

istanbizmir

Dec 28, 2017

What are you waiting for a renewal since March 15 ? That's crazy!

likingcanada

Aug 18, 2022
I sent my parents PR card renewal application in Dec 2021. Got status updated on Feb.2022, Decision Made in March. But I have not received any mail or call regarding the final status (approved/rejected). Their residence period mandate cannot be met because they went back to my home country and were not able to travel since 2020 Feb due to pandemic.

I used web form but the answer is very official and not useful.

What is the best number to reach out CIC or IRCC? Is there some other way to find out the current status other than decision made?

kpsrad

Aug 19, 2022
Still waiting... so frustrating... Hoping for an update soon :(

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 29, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 8, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 8, 2022.
Did you apply in urgent processing? If yes, what supporting documents did you provide? I applied around the same time. Sent my application via Canada Post (regular mail, not courier) in June 22. So it may have reached them by June 30. Still no update, no AOR and I am also unable to check my status online. I am getting worried. Anyone else in the same boat who applied in late June? Please help.

hshn

Mar 11, 2022
First PR card timeline:
July 8th 2022: Received eCoPR
July 8th 2022: Linked to GCKey
August 15th 2022: Application got approved
August 18th 2022: Received the card

I had no messages in my GCKey account for the card application not even an AOR for the application, just one ghost update a few days before the approval. Also, the portal still says my photo is under review by IRCC.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

Vidhi Pandey

Jun 23, 2022
Hello everyone,
Could anyone tell me how long it’s taking to get your new PR card these days?

I checked the online processing time but tbh they aren’t really accurate always. For instance, it shows 17 months processing time for PNP applications while I got my PR within 3.5 months.

need to plan my travel accordingly. It would be great if someone could share their experience timeline wise of getting a New PR card, thanks!

aanandac

Jul 17, 2017
Did you apply in urgent processing? If yes, what supporting documents did you provide? I applied around the same time. Sent my application via Canada Post (regular mail, not courier) in June 22. So it may have reached them by June 30. Still no update, no AOR and I am also unable to check my status online. I am getting worried. Anyone else in the same boat who applied in late June? Please help.
From what I've learned so far, they are directly sending pr cards by mail, no AOR and nothing. Check this to check your application status
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do