+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

aanandac

Jul 17, 2017
Been checking on this link but it shows that the application is not in the system. Not sure if it’s even been picked up for processing.

I too get same error. I submitted on August 2nd. I think they're processing paper based faster than the online. Current wait time is 72 days. I have plans to leave before that. Let's see how it goes.

mmtsd1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Mine is one month earlier than you but it's still processing.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 15, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 13, 2022.

BTW, I only have a couple of days absence in last 5 years. I don't know what I can do.
Any updates? I am traveling next month and I am afraid it will not arrive before I leave :(

I am almost 1month behind you

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
I finally saw a "Decision made" on my application even though I still haven't received any email update. No idea if this is rejected or approved. My wife's application is still in process in spite of having an AOR a day prior to mine.

My application timeline:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 7, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 14, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on July 14, 2022.

Last edited:

harrynator

Oct 23, 2020
Hi All,

I landed as PR on July 24th, 2022. Linked PR card application with GCKey on July 26th.
No update since then. Anybody knows when can I expect an AOR?
Anybody else in the same boat?

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
Hi All,

I landed as PR on July 24th, 2022. Linked PR card application with GCKey on July 26th.
No update since then. Anybody knows when can I expect an AOR?
Anybody else in the same boat?
Outland PR applicants don't get an AOR. You'll see a ghost update in GCKey the day your PR Card is shipped, that's about it.
Don't expect it till October first week or so.

I've landed on 27th June and still haven't received my PR Card.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Outland PR applicants don't get an AOR. You'll see a ghost update in GCKey the day your PR Card is shipped, that's about it.
Don't expect it till October first week or so.

I've landed on 27th June and still haven't received my PR Card.
Outland PR application. I've got a ghost update (with an email notification) 5 weeks ago but I have not received the card. So we don't get any tracking for mailing the card out?

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
Outland PR application. I've got a ghost update (with an email notification) 5 weeks ago but I have not received the card. So we don't get any tracking for mailing the card out?
I didn't even get an email notification. Only managed to link the application to GCKey.

The card is sent via bog standard Canada Post, so it won't have any tracking number shared with you.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I didn't even get an email notification. Only managed to link the application to GCKey.

The card is sent via bog standard Canada Post, so it won't have any tracking number shared with you.
Just called and found out that it has not been mailed yet because there was no address on file. It was approved and I guess the ghost update was for the approval.

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
Just called and found out that it has not been mailed yet because there was no address on file. It was approved and I guess the ghost update was for the approval.
I'm surprised you managed to get someone from IRCC to talk to you. I've tried 10 times, no dice.

Apr 20, 2020
Ukraine
Category........
FSW
Landed on 17th June in Calgary.
Was not able to track application status or change address but was able to link applications in GCKey
August 22nd received for my wife and kid - We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Also received an email from them requesting new photos for my PR Card and already mailed them.
Does it mean now I have to wait 3+ more months for my card?
Thanks

ok1717030

Oct 25, 2021
Landed on 17th June in Calgary.
Was not able to track application status or change address but was able to link applications in GCKey
August 22nd received for my wife and kid - We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
Also received an email from them requesting new photos for my PR Card and already mailed them.
Does it mean now I have to wait 3+ more months for my card?
Thanks
Hi.

Please let us know when you receive the PR Card of your wife and daughter in the postbox.

Congratulations!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Sharing my observations for outland applicants for first PR card -
1. There is no AOR received, all you can do is link your PR card to your gckey account (https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application)
2. There are two updates in entire process (a). A ghost update which means your photos are approved and card is sent to production/printing (b). Final update when your card is mailed out
3. Card is received within approx 2 weeks of mailing out. If you don't receive even after 3 - 3.5 weeks have passed, do call IRCC to check status. Either card must have been returned to IRCC ( as happened with me) OR in unfortunate case must have been lost in transit.
4. Generally there is update on gckey close to current PR card processing time.
5. Very important to have a Canadian address on PR card application, else there would be delay in processing. So please update your address as soon as you can , preferably by calling IRCC.
6. Card is sent as normal lettermail through Canada post after it has been mailed by IRCC, so cannot be tracked in anyway.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

BalajiCh

Apr 5, 2022
Hi, Today(22-Aug-22) we received PR Card , it was placed in our mail box like any other letter. There is no intimation from IRCC that card was mailed. It took nearly 67 days to get card after landing in the country. We are unable to link our pr card application to existing IRCC account. We are clueless about the status of our Card until we received it on our mail box. We tried various options like IRCC call center and web form but we didn't get any response. Luckily the cards were delivered to us today.

Reactions: AlmostThere2