+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

pankajsoni

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
People with their fist lading post 15th June 2022, did anyone of you receive the First PR card or dispatch notification?

ok1717030

Oct 25, 2021
The card was sent my mail on Aug 22nd. I might receive the card in couple of days.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 22, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 18, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 18, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 22, 2022.
Thanks for the update.

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Finally they mailed my card. Here is my timeline:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 7, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 14, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on July 14, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 23, 2022.

Reactions: Bhamarekm

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
The card was sent my mail on Aug 22nd. I might receive the card in couple of days.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 22, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 18, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on August 18, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 22, 2022.
Looks like they took almost 2 months to send you an AOR? I mailed my application on July 2nd and still havent received any AOR. I regret not including tracking when I mailed the application (not a wise move in hindsight). I have travel plans in early Dec, so kind of worried. No way of knowing whether the application was received or lost on the way. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is it worth calling them?

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
Looks like they took almost 2 months to send you an AOR? I mailed my application on July 2nd and still havent received any AOR. I regret not including tracking when I mailed the application (not a wise move in hindsight). I have travel plans in early Dec, so kind of worried. No way of knowing whether the application was received or lost on the way. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is it worth calling them?
I think he's an outland applicant, first landed 22nd.

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
I landed in April but I had to submit new photographs in May.

I called IRCC today to check my application status.
Apparently they are now processing photograph submissions from April 4th.
I don't expect to receive my PR card in 2022.
My wife has raised a web form to check the status of the Initial PR card submission. She received the reply yesterday late evening asking to submit the photographs again and an explanation letter on why these photos are not been submitted. She landed in Canada on May 1st and received an email to submit photos on June 2nd and submitted the photos on June 3rd and received them at CPC Nova Scotia on June 8th.

Today, when we called IRCC the agent told us that they could not verify whether they received the photos or not as they would be sorted and stored in bins as per the date and he has provided that they are still processing the PR cards for the photos submitted on 4th April. They said that they could not provide an ETA and all they advised is to be patient.

Since Aug 17th, the processing of PR cards hasn't moved a bit. Not sure whether we will receive the PR card this year, considering the pace at which they are processing the re-submission of the photographs.

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
People with their fist lading post 15th June 2022, did anyone of you receive the First PR card or dispatch notification?
Got a ghost update on my GCKey profile early this morning. will keep you posted with PR Card delivery.
27th June: Landed YYZ
14th August: Linked to GCKey (Application submitted date is 27th June)
26th August: Ghost Update

Reactions: pkurapat

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
Got a ghost update on my GCKey profile early this morning. will keep you posted with PR Card delivery.
27th June: Landed YYZ
14th August: Linked to GCKey (Application submitted date is 27th June)
26th August: Ghost Update
Hey @Ad1tya

Have you been asked to submit photographs.?

I do see a ghost update on my wife's CIC account today morning. So wondering did they start printing the PR cards.?

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
Hey @Ad1tya

Have you been asked to submit photographs.?

I do see a ghost update on my wife's CIC account today morning. So wondering did they start printing the PR cards.?
when did you guys land and where?

As far as I understand, the ghost update means that they won’t ask for photos. It’s been sent to printing and shipping.

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
when did you guys land and where?

As far as I understand, the ghost update means that they won’t ask for photos. It’s been sent to printing and shipping.
My Wife landed in Toronto on May 1st, and have been asked to submit photographs on June 2 and submitted the photographs to CPC on June 3rd. So wondering after you have landed, did IRCC ask to submit photographs.?

Ad1tya

Aug 7, 2022
My Wife landed in Toronto on May 1st, and have been asked to submit photographs on June 2 and submitted the photographs to CPC on June 3rd. So wondering after you have landed, did IRCC ask to submit photographs.?
Nope. It’s been about 60 days since I landed. Didn’t need to submit new photos.

Reactions: pkurapat

Maha1981

Jan 25, 2011
Try calling them at-least to check if they have received your application, but you need lot of luck to get someone to talk. Hopefully you will receive your AOR in couple of weeks. for me after AOR, the card was sent within 2 days.