+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

Luigi&Mario

Jan 11, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am renewing my pr card and just received the confirmation email from ircc, however, I still cannot check the status on CAS, does anyone know what's up with that?

thanks.

ExpressEntryStarr

Dec 9, 2016
Hi Everyone, I had posted before but had not received any reply from IRCC back then. I just received confirmations that our PR card renewal applications have been approved and that the PR cards are in the post. My timeline is below:
- Application submitted: Dec 10, 2022 (submitted online using the PR card portal)
- Able to link the application to the IRCC portal: Jan 29, 2023 (based on comments on this thread I think this is an indication of the date that IRCC starts processing your application
- Application approved: Feb 06, 2023 (message on the IRCC portal notes that the PR card is in the mail and should be received over the next 6 weeks)

The PR card portal still shows the status as 'submitted' - so its a good idea to try to link the application to your IRCC portal because it shows updates. Hope this helps.

Reactions: xanadu99

GHSIH

May 7, 2016
When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press two i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the Message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 330 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - dont wait to hear out the refugee messages
Thanks a lot. It worked!!

The agent said that I can only fill and sign a declaration form and fax it.

Did you do the same? I know they told you it takes up to six weeks but from your timeline, I understand it took a couple of days only.

Do you think - aside from the explanation letter and plane tickets - there's something else I can do?

Reactions: Limerick

GHSIH

May 7, 2016
1-888-242-2100

Go through the 1st few hoops of listening then enter UCI number then select 3 for permanent res renewal and then enter application number......go through the part were the automation reads out your application status and then at the end press 0 for "real" person.......i called at 0853 Newfoundland time this morning and i was waiting a mere 20seconds to speak to the "real" person. Call early....they say lines open from 0800 (local time) but i tried at 0800 and was closed so waiting a little while and all was open.
Thanks a lot for your input.

I got to the agent this morning. Hoping to get a new card sent on time.

thebigdaddy

Nov 24, 2020
When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press two i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the Message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 330 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - dont wait to hear out the refugee messages
Thanks so much.

This worked.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks a lot. It worked!!

The agent said that I can only fill and sign a declaration form and fax it.

Did you do the same? I know they told you it takes up to six weeks but from your timeline, I understand it took a couple of days only.

Do you think - aside from the explanation letter and plane tickets - there's something else I can do?
Glad that the method worked.

What is status of your PR card as per the agent ? For me, it was returned to IRCC and hence the agent simply put a note on file stating that the PR card should be mailed out again to new address I provided. I did not have to file any declaration.

For you it seems they are asking for SD, please check the steps here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

GlennB

Jan 6, 2023
Just got an update that my pr card renewal was approved and mailed today Feb 1, 2023. Below is my timeline:

PR card renewal sent thru PR Portal

Submitted: Dec. 8, 2022

First week of January on PR Portal Incomplete application showed up under Return Reason. View button was grey and could not click it also did not get any email so I sent a webform asking what was missing(Did not get any reply).

Third week of January Incomplete application was gone.

Found application on GCKEY: Jan. 27, 2023

Approved and mailed: Feb,1 2023

PR portal still says submitted. Could not find application on ECAS. Did not get AOR or any emails from IRCC.

This forum was very helpful and Ill update when I receive card on mail.
Received card in the mail today.

xanadu99

Jul 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
I just got a reply from the webform i sent 2weeks ago.....the agent said my card is approved and has been sent for production(it didnt say when so that could a been last december or just recently who knows, details are scanty)........i guess just wait now.....any average timeline from sent to production to mail delivered? I guess sit varies.

Last edited:

xanadu99

Jul 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
How do we define the date of issuance on the pr card? is that when it is printed/approved or? I realize there is 60days before the old one runs out hence why i am asking.