+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal & New - 2022 Processing Timeline

samnas

Jun 29, 2021
Hello friends,
I submitted my photo and address on PR card portal on December 18 (new pr card) and received my ECOPR almost two weeks ago and no update since then.
I was wondering if anyone received a new card lately and what is your timeline?

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi Guys, I submitted my PR renewal application online 5 days ago. Should I be expecting some kinda of a AOR email? The online portal where I submitted just says submitted.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Thanks.. but it does not pull up any new in process renewal application yet. I submitted application on 4th Jan 2023. I should wait some more time and keep trying to link it?
I am in the same boat. Applied online 5 days ago. Should I be waiting for an Aor email before trying to link the application? I haven't got any aor email yet. Also any idea how long do I wait for Aor email after online submission.

Calgary2022

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I am in the same boat. Applied online 5 days ago. Should I be waiting for an Aor email before trying to link the application? I haven't got any aor email yet. Also any idea how long do I wait for Aor email after online submission.
I also applied online, and it stays submitted up to now. According to the agent, online application don’t receive any Aor.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I also applied online, and it stays submitted up to now. According to the agent, online application don’t receive any Aor.
Oh ok. I was not aware of that. It seems like processing time is around 65 to 90 days. Guess we just have to wait until then to see if the new card arrives.

Calgary2022

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Oh ok. I was not aware of that. It seems like processing time is around 65 to 90 days. Guess we just have to wait until then to see if the new card arrives.
Just called IRCC, and they said my papers are on file, but they haven’t started processing it yet.. so I guess it will really take a while.

the_witcher

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
I became a PR on March 26, 2022 and I haven't yet received my first PR card. I was asked to retake my photographs in August and I sent them those photographs in August itself. But when I called IRCC, they said that they added my photo to my file on December 15, 2022 and since then, there has been no update. An agent added a note to my application on January 31, 2023 asking the "team" to check my application again because it is unusual for there to be no action on my application for such a long time. The wait continues....

The processing time for first PR cards on the website is 42 days now.

Btw, does anyone know how long does it usually take for any action to be taken after someone adds a note to look into an application?

Adoragreen

Feb 11, 2023
I submitted my PR Card renewal on Jan 01, 2023 and I am able to link my application on Feb 10, 2023. No AOR Email from IRCC.

Raj75

Feb 11, 2023
Hi
PR Renewal Online portal timeline
Applied on 12 Dec 2022
No emails
Applied as urgent with a letter from my company
Called TOLLFREE number on 02 Feb 2023
Agent said PR approved and send by post on 01 Feb
Card received today

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Five years ago, when I renewed my passport in China. You operate a machine, follow the instruction and do some clicks, scan your ID, your finger, then sit there to take the photo your self (the machine is actually a box you are sitting in)...it even ask you if you want better look (only skin tone)...and it has a fake black shirt collar for your conveniece if you forgot to dress in dark so you can put it on and looks like you dress correct :). Without emergence I received new passport in one week. Absolutely no photo missing and to check your real bio the same time.
For most of PR card renewal application, I guess a simple online check from CBSA will solve the problem. Just like a DL renewal. Have no idea why PR card and passport renewal waiting time is that long...officers are for special cases, not for general cases.