Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
So I resubmitted, updated section 4 and 5, add an explanation letter. Actually there is a travel log option in file type, so I believe it will be OK. Many thx.
Status turns to submitted, view button turns gray and cannot be activated, but still a return reason shows "Photos are missing". Is yours the same?

Yes it is.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
So, I managed to talk with an IRCC agent and it turns out that the immigration office at the POE did not start the PR card application when I landed! Even though I asked him several times and he actually wrote down my Canadian address.

I am speechless.

I asked the IRCC to give me the application number and I am going to try linking it to my account once the 24h cooldown expires.
Did you get the application number (starting with R). If yes, it simply means that your application has been created and is in progress. The only missing part is Canadian address and hence application must have been on hold

xanadu99

Jul 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
PR card renewal - Toronto, ON

Application submitted Online PR Portal: 4 Dec 2022

PR online Portal: Still says submitted

link my PR card online today 29 January and its shows 20 Jan it was approved and mailed out ( 56 Days process )

You applied on 4 Dec, when was your card due to expire? Im just tryin gto grasp if they process carsd that are due to expire ahead of likes of me that applied in sept but not expiring until April. Thanks

xanadu99

Jul 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Why are some people who are renewing their PR card getting it so quickly and others are waiting for months…

I applied for renewal on 15 September and haven’t heard anything ever since, any September applicants, can you please share timeline and where you applied from
Applied for renewal 24th Sept...no correspondence since, GCKEY says reviewing eligibility and we are processing your application... Thats it. Maybe they process on a basis of whos is closest to expiry?? Mine expires in April.

xanadu99

Jul 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Just got an update that my pr card renewal was approved and mailed today Feb 1, 2023. Below is my timeline:

PR card renewal sent thru PR Portal

Submitted: Dec. 8, 2022

First week of January on PR Portal Incomplete application showed up under Return Reason. View button was grey and could not click it also did not get any email so I sent a webform asking what was missing(Did not get any reply).

Third week of January Incomplete application was gone.

Found application on GCKEY: Jan. 27, 2023

Approved and mailed: Feb,1 2023

PR portal still says submitted. Could not find application on ECAS. Did not get AOR or any emails from IRCC.

This forum was very helpful and Ill update when I receive card on mail.
Mad isn't it, you'd think this day in age they would be able to update peoples portal ffs.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Are pr cards processed by an actual IRCC agent or just some computer?lol

GlennB

Jan 6, 2023
Applied for renewal 24th Sept...no correspondence since, GCKEY says reviewing eligibility and we are processing your application... Thats it. Maybe they process on a basis of whos is closest to expiry?? Mine expires in April.
I'm not sure if they prioritize expired cards. I would call IRCC and ask for an update since its way over processing time. If you don't get any update maybe try contacting your MP and ask for help. Some people here have posted that their MP helped them with their application.

Reactions: xanadu99

Calgary2022

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I'm not sure if they prioritize expired cards. I would call IRCC and ask for an update since its way over processing time. If you don't get any update maybe try contacting your MP and ask for help. Some people here have posted that their MP helped them with their application.
I called them around 2nd week of January, the agent told me they are processing Dec 14th applicants… they were like 3 weeks behind…

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
I called them around 2nd week of January, the agent told me they are processing Dec 14th applicants… they were like 3 weeks behind…
I submitted online on Dec 16 and was returned by "missing photo" on Jan 9. So, it's ture, they open your envelope or online submission maybe the same time line, 3 weeks later.

xanadu99

Jul 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Well mine is in process months applied in september so i dont know, ill call them monday morning what is the phone number again best to get hold of them?