+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Mparvez said:
Dear all,

Just wanted to update you that I received my new PR on 26 Feb. I did not have a very straight forward residency in Canada. Therefore, I was expecting that my case would go for secondary review. My physical presence in Canada was hardly 350 days. Rest of the obligation, I showed that I lived with my Canadian spouse (she got her citizenship in Sep 2014) in the US. I do not possess any property in Canada, neither do I have a Canadian driver's license. I have a Bangladeshi passport with a considerable number of stamps on it including many road trips bet US and Canada.

Below are the timelines:

29 Sep 2015: Sent my PR renewal application to CiC( PR was to expire in Jan 2016)
11 Feb 2016: E-mail notification acknowledging receipt of my application
12 Feb: CiC started processing my application
19 Feb: A decision has been made.
26 Sep: New PR received in my mailing address in Canada. ( I am having my brother to mail it to me to the US)

God has been merciful!! I wish the same luck to all the applicants who are on the same boat like mine!!

Cheers,
Wow surprise for us and Congratulations to you

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Congrats all who applied PR in early 2015 and received recently...

Hi Heeradeepak, did you applied in 2015 ? which month

All the best

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
Congrats all who applied PR in early 2015 and received recently...

Hi Heeradeepak, did you applied in 2015 ? which month

All the best
Application received in Sydney 11-June-2015

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
Application mailed to cic nov 2 2016
Reached CIC Nov 3 2016
Email confirmation Feb 22 2016 that they have received the application on Nov 12, 2015.
As per online status they started processing on Feb 24 2016
Applied with 830 days but most of these days are in last 2 year out of 5 year span.
2 passport full of UAE residence visas and GCC + Lebanon, uk visit visa with almost 85 Arabic stamps.

PRover30

Mar 3, 2016
Hey Everyone!

So glad I found this :)

I applied for Urgent PR Card renwel and the office received the application on Jan 18th, and started working on it on Jan 18th.

Few weeks go by and status online says in Process... I finally call and they said that proof of travel did not meet what they want. I did not get my tickets till Feb 22nd so I sent that through the "Case Specific Enquiry" Feb 24th received an email that they received it and were working on it.

I leave for Jamaica March 12th and as of today it has not been processed and chances are that it wont be by the time I leave :( so I have to questions:

1) Flying Air Canada - Do I risk coming back on an expired PR Card with proof that I live in Canada - I hold Full time employment my child goes to school and i have lives in canada for 32 years. I only travel out of Canada 3 weeks out of the year for vacations.

or

2) Apply for a Permanent resident travel document in Jamaica - They say it takes 26 days to process - But wondering if anyone has tried to get one and how long did it take???

Thanks everyone who reads this :)

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
shekhawatmx said:
Application mailed to cic nov 2 2016
Reached CIC Nov 3 2016
Email confirmation Feb 22 2016 that they have received the application on Nov 12, 2015.
As per online status they started processing on Feb 24 2016
Applied with 830 days but most of these days are in last 2 year out of 5 year span.
2 passport with of full UAE residence visa and GCC + Lebanon, uk visit visa with almost 85 Arabic stamps.
Welcome to boat, hope for the best but many of us are delayed due to these stamps.

mishoolak

Feb 6, 2016
my timeline:
application recieved : April 2
secondary review : May 28
Approval: Feb 15
I have not recieved my card yet ... Does any body know how long it takessince its approval?

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
Guys time reduced to 151 days, it was 169 until yesterday.

Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

151 days !

Working on applications received on October 27, 2015.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
mishoolak said:
my timeline:
I have not recieved my card yet ... Does any body know how long it takessince its approval?
Congratulations; it should take approx 4-6 weeks.

your PR renewal took 10.5 months it means CIC has reduce the waiting periods, this is a good news for secondary review applicants

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
shekhawatmx said:
Guys time reduced to 151 days, it was 169 until yesterday.

Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

151 days !

Working on applications received on October 27, 2015.
CIC was updating the processing time each week or sometime 2 weeks also but now I think last 10 days they updated 3 times it was 169 after one or two days 166 and yesterday 151 days. Thanks God they are improving in their business.

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
mishoolak said:
my timeline:
I was approved feb 19 and received feb 27th

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
The whole tracking system must be changed. Don't tell me they dont have passport control. If they want, they can implement it within seconds from airlines or from US border as ( its already linked US border). I can request my log in& out from my employer, gym, etc. how come they can't!

I don't want to point where our applications getting "processed" but it is at far east where some and I repeat some might differnitate based on name& orgin. I haven't used the word racism but I said '' Differnciate''

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
hi Guys,

please refer my updated timelines.
Due to my Gulf stay i was sure that my file will go to secondary review but thank god.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 12, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on March 4, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

btw today i checked processing time and its reduced to 138 days from 155 days so CIC is working fast.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
nadia601 said:
The whole tracking system must be changed. Don't tell me they dont have passport control.
They don't have passport control.

If they want, they can implement it within seconds from airlines or from US border as ( its already linked US border). I can request my log in& out from my employer, gym, etc. how come they can't!
No, they can't.

For one thing, many people have multiple citizenships. This means that the passport you leave on may not be the one you arrive with.

For another, there are fake passports. Not all countries check electronically, so you could present a non-genuine passport to the airline and your real one when you land in the other country.

For another, not all border crossings are controlled. I've crossed at a location where there is no US control on the border (legally). At night, there's a phone box to call and check in on the way to Canada, but they have no real way to check if you do.

For another, the US-Canada border is the worlds largest unguarded border. There are buildings that straddle it. I went for a drive the other day, and there was a signpost where the US-Canada border was on a back road, three feet off the side of the road.

For another, there are plenty of places where one can cross on boat and there will be no record.

For another, planes are often given only a cursory search, and there are ways to get across the border without getting noticed.

For another, US and Canadian citizens do not get their information exchanged under the agreement due to privacy laws. I've crossed into the US many times, and Canada only has record of my return.

For another, there are many WHTI-acceptable travel documents that can be used to enter the US. I have entered on my passport, my passport card, my NEXUS card, and my enhanced driver license. Going the other way, I've used my CoPR and my BC D/L, as well as my PR card, US passport, my EID, and my Nexus. The US doesn't link PR cards (that information is not available to them, or useful as they use a SSN for linking everything). Canada can't link PR cards to US driver licenses, US passports (unless you use them for the PR visa). Even if they do have your passport number, as soon as you replace it, you get a new number, and thus won't have a 1:1 match in the system. They can approximate it using name, DOB, and country, but it's limited.

For another thing, the cross-border sharing agreement started in 2014, and someone might have returned a single day before that and there would be no record.

For another thing, people illegally cross the border regularly.

In other words, no, it's not a simple matter, and anyone who thinks it is is being foolish. A gym or employer has a single database to manage. It's much, much easier. Canada has absolutely no way to know how many days I have spent in Canada unless I tell them, given how many data sources and methods of crossing there are.

QAZ123

Nov 24, 2012
have you got your card by mail so far?

shekhawatmx said:
hi Guys,

please refer my updated timelines.
Due to my Gulf stay i was sure that my file will go to secondary review but thank god.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 12, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on March 4, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

btw today i checked processing time and its reduced to 138 days from 155 days so CIC is working fast.