+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
CMcanada said:
My timeline:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 23, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on July 28, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on July 28, 2015. (secondary review)

I hope to receive my PR by the middle of May seeing that I have a conference to present a work at the end of May which flight ticket I have already bought. I asked urgency, but the official mentioned that it is not possible to ask urgency when the application is the secondary review. :(
Hi, what do you mean by the official? Do you mean the call center agent or the officer of your case?

Thanks

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
HOw did you ask for urgency? I have seen applicant under secondary review and they applied urgency and accepted!
CMcanada said:
My timeline:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 23, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on July 28, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on July 28, 2015. (secondary review)

I hope to receive my PR by the middle of May seeing that I have a conference to present a work at the end of May which flight ticket I have already bought. I asked urgency, but the official mentioned that it is not possible to ask urgency when the application is the secondary review. :(

CMcanada

Mar 22, 2016
In "Check Application Process Time" website, below
Permanent Resident cards
Renewing or replacing a PR card 124 days ?
If you require your PR card urgently, follow these instructions (it is a link there).

Working on applications received on December 7, 2015.

davidT321

Feb 24, 2016
my timeline so far

november 1 2015 :applied for renewal
february 2016: they asked for new pictures,resent on the very next day
today 23 march 2016,nearly 5 months later , system shows nothing... absolutely nothing :eek:

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
davidT321 said:
my timeline so far

today 23 march 2016,nearly 5 months later , system shows nothing... absolutely nothing :eek:
Have you tried with different numbers? Our would only work with the id and not the receipt number for example.

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
I am not able to log in on e-cas via client ID no. My applicantion submitted/reached to Sydney NS on 17 March 16. Can anyone guide me how much time it take to enable me to log in on ecas?

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makpan said:
I am not able to log in on e-cas via client ID no. My applicantion submitted/reached to Sydney NS on 17 March 16. Can anyone guide me how much time it take to enable me to log in on ecas?
I believe that your e-CAS will not be activated before receiving the AOR. Now, they are working on applications received on December 7, 2015. So, you still need a bit more time to wait for.

CMcanada

Mar 22, 2016
Someone knows if there is a form to ask a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) before going out of Canada ? I am asking it because my process is taking a long time (secondary review, almost 9 months after it, and 1 year since the documentation was received), and I need to travel to USA to present a work in a conference in May (only 4 days outside of Canada), but the webpage does not show a place to submit this type of document when I am here in Canada (see below).

"To find out where to submit your application, please select the country you will be applying from (you can choose your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted): CANADA"
"A Permanent Resident Travel Document is required to return to Canada if you are outside Canada and do not have documents showing your permanent resident status. If you are a permanent resident currently in Canada, find out how you can apply for a new permanent resident card".

"A travel document is normally only valid for one single entry. You should apply for a new PR card as soon as you resume residence in Canada.
Determine your eligibility
You can apply for a permanent resident travel document if you:
•are a permanent resident,
•do not have a valid PR card showing your PR status,
•are outside Canada, and
•will return to Canada by airplane, boat, train or bus."

Thanks in advance.

davidT321

Feb 24, 2016
davidT321 said:
my timeline so far

update....today,158 days later , reserved email with my 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number.
they told my that my aplication has been received on 2016/03/07 wtf ??? :eek: 8)
e-CAS still shows noting

Orinokoblue

Apr 5, 2016
JJS said:
Hey Everybody

Wanted to check and see of there are other people waiting for their PR card renewal . I sent mine on June 17th . ECAS shows nothing even though it's been delivered . The only scary part is that the processing time for PR renewals is going up with every update they add . It was around 65 days at one point couple of months ago and now stands at 96 days . Any other people in the same boat ?

Let's share and stay connected .

Thanks
My husband has now been waiting 315 days it is completely unacceptable :(