+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

Orinokoblue

Apr 5, 2016
davidT321 said:
update....today,158 days later , reserved email with my 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number.
they told my that my aplication has been received on 2016/03/07 wtf ??? :eek: 8)
e-CAS still shows noting
My husband got his UCI number last October

CMcanada

Mar 22, 2016
Today, my applications has 351 days since it was received. More 14 days will complete 1 year. I am extremely sad :(. I want to present an approved work in a conference in USA in May (which flight tickets were bought and I have already registered to there to avoid removing my work from the program of the conference).

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
CMcanada said:
Today, my applications has 351 days since it was received. More 14 days will complete 1 year. I am extremely sad :(. I want to present an approved work in a conference in USA in May (which flight tickets were bought and I have already registered to there to avoid removing my work from the program of the conference).
CIC have nothing to do with our emotions if your case gone to secondary review it means you have to wait until someone from CIC will pick your file from dust and it could be months or years funny thing that call center agents are trained to be rude to secondary review applicants they discourage you to not call them if your file gone to secondary review.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Days have been going down but not sure how many people with their files under Secondary Review have received it so far. Anybody else under secondary review? Any estimates so far?

CMcanada

Mar 22, 2016
My timeline:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 23, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on July 28, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on July 28, 2015. (secondary review)

Until now, I have not received anything. However, I could verify in other forum that people that the application was received on April 02,2015 and sent to secondary review on May 28, 2015, have already received.

happilee

Mar 11, 2014
My husband applied for his PR card renewal last March 2015, up to now no card :( he has been calling and emailing cic but he kept recieving generic replies. It has been 1 year and 1 month since he applied for renewal.

When he applied for renewal, he only had 400+ days so he did not meet PR RO. He did not recieve any email saying that his application is for secondary review. So we really have no idea what the application of his status is.

We are worried, what could possibly happen? Could he lose his PR status? Will there be a hearing?

Orinokoblue

Apr 5, 2016
happilee said:
My husband applied for his PR card renewal last March 2015, up to now no card :( he has been calling and emailing cic but he kept recieving generic replies. It has been 1 year and 1 month since he applied for renewal.

When he applied for renewal, he only had 400+ days so he did not meet PR RO. He did not recieve any email saying that his application is for secondary review. So we really have no idea what the application of his status is.

We are worried, what could possibly happen? Could he lose his PR status? Will there be a hearing?
My husband met the time requirements but we have been waiting a year. It is beyond insane that they is something they do with no recourse or any way for anyone to be able to contact them.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
CMcanada said:
My timeline:

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 23, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on July 28, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on July 28, 2015. (secondary review)

Until now, I have not received anything. However, I could verify in other forum that people that the application was received on April 02,2015 and sent to secondary review on May 28, 2015, have already received.
Did you receive any update from CIC?

Seems that from last 4-5 weeks secondary review applications are completely freeze no action or request from CIC has been posted in this forum.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
CMcanada said:
I think they have a lot applications to evaluate because nobody has put here that has received the PRs. :(
It seems purposely CIC is creating delay to secondary review applicants, reasons are unknown but in this way waiting time will reach up to 24 months which will be very bad for liberals.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
barabashka said:
Thanks venky321
Hey Hardeepak

have you tried writing to John M. Maybe the immigration minister can step in. Worth a try atleast. My dad's renewal is in secondary review as well and no documents or anything else requested at all. I've read somewhere they wait for a period called "Cool down" period. Well it's all he said she said and that's how we are assuming how they function.

David Wang

Apr 27, 2016
Hardeepak,

Suggest not to wait, it is about time to write the letter to the Immigration minister for his attention on the processing time on the secondary review process.