+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

davidT321

Feb 24, 2016
Hi All
i applied/sent docs /via Canada post regular mail/ to renew my PR card around november 1,and since then nothing..4 months full silence.
online status show noting also....neither "we received your application" or "in process".
Do i have to worry or its normal ?

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
AJK_9 said:
Hi JJS

Can you please post your concern on the thread "Secondary Review Petition", we are planning for Petition, if you are interested please follow this link to share:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.0.html

Thanks
I will do this for sure!
Thanks

Jerry Zhang

Feb 23, 2016
Jerry Zhang said:
Was thrown into 2nd review bucket in Sep 2015.

Tried the urgent form in Nov 2015, and was told that they did not handle urgent case during Nov and Dec. I had to changed my plane tickets.

Submitted again urgent form with ticket and payment by the end of Jan 2016, got an robot email said that my request was received and nothing happened until now.
Just called CIC. the agent told me that once sent to 2nd review, the urgent processing request would just be ignored. WTF!!!

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
davidT321 said:
Hi All
i applied/sent docs /via Canada post regular mail/ to renew my PR card around november 1,and since then nothing..4 months full silence.
online status show noting also....neither "we received your application" or "in process".
Do i have to worry or its normal ?
Very normal. You won't see anything online until they start processing. I sent my application in at the end of September and the only updated it online a couple weeks ago.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Jerry Zhang said:
Just called CIC. the agent told me that once sent to 2nd review, the urgent processing request would just be ignored. WTF!!!
Hi Jerry

As per messages posted here most of the application for Urgent Processing has been accepted and processed, it's surprising that they are giving such Robotics answer..I was also planning for Urgent Processing but changed decision...

kash123

Feb 18, 2016
guys, two questions - this is for renewal of PR and case is approved on the website ...

- I have auto forwarding Canada post to another address .. will PR card auto fwd to the new address
- how long is it taking from case approved to actually printing and receiving the card

thanks in advance

pl answer

Playtrix

Feb 4, 2016
Received AOR for PR card today.

My Timeline for PR Card
Mailed Application------October 28/2015
Received Application---November 02/2015
AOR by Email-----------February 25/2016

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
Hi Jerry

As per messages posted here most of the application for Urgent Processing has been accepted and processed, it's surprising that they are giving such Robotics answer..I was also planning for Urgent Processing but changed decision...
It seems that call center agents doesn't have access to see all information's.

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
Finally! After almost a year since I mailed the application, I received my renewal PR card in the mail yesterday. :-*

06-Mar-2015 They received my application
16-Apr-2015 Started processing
15-Feb-2016 Approved!
26-Feb-1026 Received renewal PR card in mail

1 year since mailed, 10 months since they started processing up to the time they approved it. So those who think that their 4 months waiting time is bad enough, just remember my case. And they didn't contact me since they started processing. The processing time of 171 days on their website is %$!

My next question: My son's card has expired and he hasn't reached the required 2 year period here yet but in 5 months time he will. Does PR card renewal for children need to follow the same rules? Or can I submit an application now?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
mom2karl said:
Finally! After almost a year since I mailed the application, I received my renewal PR card in the mail yesterday. :-*

06-Mar-2015 They received my application
16-Apr-2015 Started processing
15-Feb-2016 Approved!
26-Feb-1026 Received renewal PR card in mail

1 year since mailed, 10 months since they started processing up to the time they approved it. So those who think that their 4 months waiting time is bad enough, just remember my case. And they didn't contact me since they started processing. The processing time of 171 days on their website is %$!

My next question: My son's card has expired and he hasn't reached the required 2 year period here yet but in 5 months time he will. Does PR card renewal for children need to follow the same rules? Or can I submit an application now?
Congratulations looks like CIC is trying to improve.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
kash123 said:
- I have auto forwarding Canada post to another address .. will PR card auto fwd to the new address
The envelope it comes in specifically says not to forward it. I suspect Canada Post will not forward.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
My wife and I landed August 27th. Our initial pictures were rejected (about a month apart), and both our PR cards showed up yesterday with the resubmitted pictures.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
kateg said:
My wife and I landed August 27th. Our initial pictures were rejected (about a month apart), and both our PR cards showed up yesterday with the resubmitted pictures.
Congratulations Kateg.

Mparvez

May 23, 2014
Dear all,

Just wanted to update you that I received my new PR on 26 Feb. I did not have a very straight forward residency in Canada. Therefore, I was expecting that my case would go for secondary review. My physical presence in Canada was hardly 350 days. Rest of the obligation, I showed that I lived with my Canadian spouse (she got her citizenship in Sep 2014) in the US. I do not possess any property in Canada, neither do I have a Canadian driver's license. I have a Bangladeshi passport with a considerable number of stamps on it including many road trips bet US and Canada.

Below are the timelines:

29 Sep 2015: Sent my PR renewal application to CiC( PR was to expire in Jan 2016)
11 Feb 2016: E-mail notification acknowledging receipt of my application
12 Feb: CiC started processing my application
19 Feb: A decision has been made.
26 Sep: New PR received in my mailing address in Canada. ( I am having my brother to mail it to me to the US)

God has been merciful!! I wish the same luck to all the applicants who are on the same boat like mine!!

Cheers,