Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I submitted my application for PR card renewal in January 2015, and received a request for additional documents, which were delivered to them on May 30, 2015. Ever since my online status is:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 2, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on March 25, 2015.

I called CIC recently. They said my application is under process and at this time they can only confirm that he requested documents have been received by CIC in May 2015.

I may have to travel India in February 2016 urgently and have no clue as what to do.

Could you please share your experience and advise me ?

maxwen856231

Jan 18, 2016
b2c said:
Dear All,

I submitted my application for PR card renewal in January 2015, and received a request for additional documents, which were delivered to them on May 30, 2015. Ever since my online status is:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 2, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on March 25, 2015.

I called CIC recently. They said my application is under process and at this time they can only confirm that he requested documents have been received by CIC in May 2015.

I may have to travel India in February 2016 urgently and have no clue as what to do.

Could you please share your experience and advise me ?
My case like you , you can look this link cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp,
But you must buy the tickets and show all the proof, that is a risk , but only way you can get urgent process. I did book a round way tickets, but i didnt pay the money, i thought maybe i can take chance get good luck , but today I just call the CIC, they said put my application on hold , coz i didnt have full payment proof. I think i need reapply again. Wish you good luck

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maxwen856231 said:
My case like you , you can look this link cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp,
But you must buy the tickets and show all the proof, that is a risk , but only way you can get urgent process. I did book a round way tickets, but i didnt pay the money, i thought maybe i can take chance get good luck , but today I just call the CIC, they said put my application on hold , coz i didnt have full payment proof. I think i need reapply again. Wish you good luck
Thank you for your reply.

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b2c said:
Thank you for your reply.
The above link is directing to a window of " Permanent Resident Travel Document" and also provide a line to visa application centres in different countries. I think it applies if a person is out of Canada.

I'm in Canada and would like to get PR before leaving for 2 weeks. Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Thank you so much for your help.

misschaudhry

Jan 17, 2016
maxwen856231 said:
Hi guys,
I read all the replies on this post, and I wish somebody can help me about my case, this is my case:

• I sent my first PR card renewal application on Sep 15th, and they received on Sep 17th;
  • Until Dec, there was no news , I checked online status almost everyday. Cause I am the only son and my dad passed away, my mom alone in China i need go back to China spent Chinese new year with her, Chinese new year is Feb 8th 2016. So I called them twice, an officer told me I can resend my documents again and starting urgency case.
  • So I took pictures again and resent all the documents (portrait photos, all passport copies, taxes for 5 years, travelling days records , my air tickets copy which I planed to leave at 25 Jan .etc), and sent to them Dec 10th.
  • Dec 14th they received my application ,and I checked online that my was in processing since 15th Dec 2015.
  • Today is Jan 18th 2016, there is no news so far. I don't know what happened, should I call them again? I came back to china almost every year, but I stayed in Canada more than 3 yrs.

I heard another news from an Indian guy, he told me PR card only can renew twice, after that if you dont join citizen, you maybe kicked out from Canada. Is that true? Does anyone heard of this kind of news?
Me to waiting have to travel on 21st

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RH_Canada said:
actually there r 2 cases in the family:

* the first:
=========
- applications were received on 12-June-2015
- applications in process on 16-Nov-2015
- ECAS activated on 18-Nov-2015.
- since then no further feedback
- called CIC on 5-Jan-2016, they said applications r approved and should be received by beginning of Feb,2016, but ECAS is not updated until today. Why?

* the second :
===========
- application was received on 10-July-2015
- according to current processing time they are working on applications received up to 28-July-2015.
- called CIC on 11-Jan-2016, they said the application is in process, but ECAS is not activated until today. Why?
any one has a reply on the above 2 cases please? or any one on the same situation?

what do you advice me to do ?

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
CIC received the additional documents which they requested on 4 January 2016. today we are 20 January. There is no update on my E case. I am losing hope that they will process it now as urgent. It seems the moment they requested additional documents it is no longer urgent processing. The documents were sent to the " review team " in Sydney NS.

Felling Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed :mad: :mad: :( :( :-[ :-[

maxwen856231

Jan 18, 2016
b2c said:
The above link is directing to a window of " Permanent Resident Travel Document" and also provide a line to visa application centres in different countries. I think it applies if a person is out of Canada.

I'm in Canada and would like to get PR before leaving for 2 weeks. Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi, buddy, I sent you link is correct , i just sent the day 18th of Jan 2016, the and i choose the leaving Canada more then two weeks option. And I attached my fight confirmation email and my payment proof, Then today afternoon I got an email from CIC.

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Permanent Resident Card Application is at CPC – Sydney

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident Card (PR card) urgently. We have notified the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Once the card is produced, it will either be mailed directly to you or be randomly selected for in-person pick up. This random selection for in-person pick up will allow CIC to gather information for improving the processing of PR Card applications. If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the type of document you will be required to bring with you.

There is no guarantee that the card will be ready before your departure, but we will make all the necessary efforts to speed up the processing of your application.

If the card is not ready before your departure, you will have to apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The application is available on our website. You can fill out the application online and print it or fill it out by hand. The travel document is only normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus).

You can verify the status of your application using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool.

This is an automated response – Do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Dose anyone know what this mean? Is this mean that they already put my case as urgent case? I also mail a letter to them again attached all the payment proof.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
maxwen856231 said:
Hi, buddy, I sent you link is correct , i just sent the day 18th of Jan 2016, the and i choose the leaving Canada more then two weeks option. And I attached my fight confirmation email and my payment proof, Then today afternoon I got an email from CIC.

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Permanent Resident Card Application is at CPC – Sydney

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident Card (PR card) urgently. We have notified the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Once the card is produced, it will either be mailed directly to you or be randomly selected for in-person pick up. This random selection for in-person pick up will allow CIC to gather information for improving the processing of PR Card applications. If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the type of document you will be required to bring with you.

There is no guarantee that the card will be ready before your departure, but we will make all the necessary efforts to speed up the processing of your application.

If the card is not ready before your departure, you will have to apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The application is available on our website. You can fill out the application online and print it or fill it out by hand. The travel document is only normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus).

You can verify the status of your application using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool.

This is an automated response – Do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Dose anyone know what this mean? Is this mean that they already put my case as urgent case? I also mail a letter to them again attached all the payment proof.
I am not sure what it means precisely but it appears to be more or less an acknowledgement of receipt, an AOR acknowledging receipt of the request for urgent processing.

It is clear that it does NOT mean your application is being approved on an expedited schedule . . . but rather is queued for an expedited review. If upon that review, the application is deemed one to be approved, you will get the PR card via urgent processing.

But there is still the possibility it is not approved on an urgent basis, and ends up going through the routine procedure, or referred for secondary review, or . . . whatever the review deems appropriate. Thus the advice that you may not get the PR card before your departure, in which case you can apply for a PR TD in order to facilitate your return to Canada via commercial carrier.

Predicting how it will go is difficult, and depends more on the individual's particular circumstances and history. For a PR who is well settled in Canada, clearly been residing in Canada long term, and thus was present in Canada for at least most of the last five years but better if more than three-fourths of the time, I would expect the application to be processed and approved on an urgent basis. Otherwise, one can only guess.

For a PR like b2c, in contrast, whose initial application for a PR card was submitted a year ago, and thus well beyond the routine processing timeline, it is apparent there is some issue or concern at stake, and thus my sense is that it is significantly less likely an application for urgent processing will accelerate when a decision is made.

kvijay_cbe

Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 08th 2016
kvijay_cbe said:
Hello Everyone ,

I had submitted the documents and was received by CIC Sydney on Jan 08th (per Canada Post tracking#).

Do we get any confirmation from CIC ? when and what's the first mode of communication from CIC and how can we track our Status .

Please advise.
Hello Everyone ,

Kindly answer to the above question , as i am wondering when i would receive an acknowledgement from CIC.

Thanks

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application in the last week of July 2015. Just got an update on my PR card renewal in the e-cas:

- We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 4, 2015.
- We started processing your application on December 22, 2015.
- Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 14, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Hopefully, I will get it soon. :)

maxwen856231

Jan 18, 2016
blueboy said:
I sent my application in the last week of July 2015. Just got an update on my PR card renewal in the e-cas:

- Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 14, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Congratulations! Im happy to hear your good news, about half year. Im still waiting for mine.

MIinCanada

Dec 17, 2015
Hi all:

Here's my big update:

Sent renewal via UPS July 30th
Received at Sydney CPC July 31st
Processing began December 16th

Been checking daily and eCAS was updated today (Jan 21) to state decision made/approved January 14th
Checked mail today and it was there

174 days from when they received it to when I got my new card. New design, photo with old specs accepted (and good because I actually took a halfway decent photo this time).

Best of luck to everyone else waiting!

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
blueboy said:

Did you submit new photos (new specs)?