+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

cnccnc

Dec 21, 2015
Anybody here who were few days over the residency obligation between 740 to 770 days and applied for renewals, how have their renewals faired?

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
spirit-88 said:
My husband's application also got approved on 16 Dec and the card will be mailed to him, we made the urgent request on 13 Dec, they keep the application on que for ages if you don't make an urgent request
Congrats spirit !!!
so did he send the urgent application with the new pics requirement or without ?

Thanks

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Thanks everyone

No they didn't ask for it because they started processing his application in October when they asked for documents and sent his application for secondary review and that was before the photos specifications change, if the application wasn't in process before the photos update certainly they would have returned it and asked for new photos

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Hi cnccnc

Yes my husband sent his pr renewal application when he was over the required days he should spend in canada by 2 months, his application was sent for secondary review and they asked for a colored, translated copy of his passport including blank pages, and movement certificate of all countries he has been to we also sent bank statements, pay stubs, copies of online tickets.... Whatever proves he was in canada, they kept the application in que until we requested urgent processing and they approved it after few days

YYZINR

Nov 30, 2015
Just got my PR card in mail. They did change the design. The photo is much bigger than the previous one and they changed the background image to parliament hill. Other than all info is the same. I am happy i got it soon due to urgent processing. Wish good luck to all fellow applicants. Hope 2016 will be much faster compared to this year. Happy New Year to you all.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
YYZINR said:
Just got my PR card in mail. They did change the design. The photo is much bigger than the previous one and they changed the background image to parliament hill. Other than all info is the same. I am happy i got it soon due to urgent processing. Wish good luck to all fellow applicants. Hope 2016 will be much faster compared to this year. Happy New Year to you all.
Can you share your timeline please?

YYZINR

Nov 30, 2015
JJS said:
Can you share your timeline please?
Sure..

I first filed my application on Nov 18 for urgent processing as i need to travel back home.
Application returned on Nov 30 as incomplete: Photos didn't meet size specifications. CIC changed the specifications the week of Nov 25
Resent my application for urgent processing on Dec 10th
Received on: Dec 14th
In progress on: Dec 17th
Decision made: Dec 23rd
Card arrived: Dec 28th

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
YYZINR said:
Sure..

I first filed my application on Nov 18 for urgent processing as i need to travel back home.
Application returned on Nov 30 as incomplete: Photos didn't meet size specifications. CIC changed the specifications the week of Nov 25
Congratulations YYZINR!

I was just wondering if you can share how many days you had in Canada when you applied please ? and if you provided any specific documents besides the required ones ?

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
YYZINR said:
Sure..

That was very efficient on CIC's part. Congratulations!

YYZINR

Nov 30, 2015
amr95 said:
Congratulations YYZINR!

I was just wondering if you can share how many days you had in Canada when you applied please ? and if you provided any specific documents besides the required ones ?
I had 1517 days when i applied. I just followed the requirements in Urgent processing criteria on CIC website and nothing else.

volee

Jul 23, 2015
This is my time time. I was put under Secondary Review. I requested for urgent processing in July but they sent me a letter requesting for additional documents. I couldn't provide some of them at that time so I guess they did not approve my request. The wait continued and I finally received my new card in the mail a few days ago.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 27, 2014.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2015.
We sent you a letter on February 24, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you a letter on July 3, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on December 4, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, we have got an update online finally:

"Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on December 29, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office."

So what are chances for us to pick up cards from the CIC office as they've mentioned or receive those by Canada post? please share your experience whoever had same update.

Thanks very much and Happy New 2016 Year! :)

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I have an update guys. I saw this on Sunday. Not sure if CIC works during weekends.

My Timeline for PR card renewal

Permanent Resident Card
We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 19, 2015.

We started processing your application on November 20, 2015.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on December 10, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Just waiting to receive the card in the mail now.

My application was a little Unusual as I had entered Canada with just 4 months left for PR card expiry and not completing my residency obligations during first five years of being a PR. So had to stay in Canada for 2 years in a row before reapplying. Let me know if any of you are in a similar situation and I might be able to help.

JJS