+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

xmahlx

Jun 18, 2015
I sent mine around May 25th or the 26th, just tired of waiting. I checked the site, to see if there was anything about my application. I see nothing. I am calling them tomorrow, maybe they can tell me something.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xmahlx said:
I sent mine around May 25th or the 26th, just tired of waiting. I checked the site, to see if there was anything about my application. I see nothing. I am calling them tomorrow, maybe they can tell me something.
This is frustrating. Let us know what they say. :'(

stuntmonkeybc

Oct 5, 2015
"We haven't received your application. Currently we are only working on applications received up until the 25th of May".

So if you sent it on the 25th, and it arrived on the 27th/28th.....they haven't even looked at it yet. I'm in the same boat.

jasonsure

Sep 17, 2013
stuntmonkeybc said:
"We haven't received your application. Currently we are only working on applications received up until the 25th of May".

So if you sent it on the 25th, and it arrived on the 27th/28th.....they haven't even looked at it yet. I'm in the same boat.
The ecas cannot even identify me.
It says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: ....."
Canada post showed cic received my app in the first week of June.
Anyone in the same time frame can see his/her app in ecas system?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have tried using Receipt number as well as Client ID. I am going to try PR card number later today and see if the result is any different.

dreamlyf

Sep 9, 2015
Just putting up my timeline and a few facts.

Received PR card: November 2009
Landed in Canada: Feb 2010
Went back home: March 2010
Re entered Canada: July 2012
PR card expired: March 2015

Applied for renewal: 5th May 2015
Received by CIC: 8th May 2015
Started processing: 4th September 2015
Approved on: 4th September 2015
PR Card Dispatched in mail: 13th October 2015

Waiting to receive it! ;D

Few more things that I experienced:

1. CIC did not update my status on ECAS until it started processing my file.
2. It did not update the approval status until the card was dispatched.

In my opinion not thinking about it and calmly waiting is the best option. I never called CIC or any other agency to get any information but I was always looking for someone's well defined timeline (which I never found) so thought I should share mine.

Best luck everyone

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamlyf said:
Just putting up my timeline and a few facts.

Received PR card: November 2009
Landed in Canada: Feb 2010
Went back home: March 2010
Re entered Canada: July 2012
PR card expired: March 2015

Applied for renewal: 5th May 2015
Received by CIC: 8th May 2015
Started processing: 4th September 2015
Approved on: 4th September 2015
PR Card Dispatched in mail: 13th October 2015

Waiting to receive it! ;D

Few more things that I experienced:

1. CIC did not update my status on ECAS until it started processing my file.
2. It did not update the approval status until the card was dispatched.

In my opinion not thinking about it and calmly waiting is the best option. I never called CIC or any other agency to get any information but I was always looking for someone's well defined timeline (which I never found) so thought I should share mine.

Best luck everyone
I totally agree with what you said. I kept the patience while the PR process was going on. It is sometime frustrating, especially, since I cannot travel outside Canada anymore.

Anyways, thanks a lot for sharing your timeline. I think the actual process doesn't take time. It is just the beginning that takes the time. :)

yunnirainbow

Oct 17, 2015
jasonsure said:
The ecas cannot even identify me.
It says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: ....."
Canada post showed cic received my app in the first week of June.
Anyone in the same time frame can see his/her app in ecas system?
So do I, my file was received on June 5th, I cannot find anything through the ecas too. The recent update is May 27 by Oct. 15.

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Wife got PR in Jan 2014 she came here in UAE in 16 June 2014 we got married . then she returned to Canada in 27 Nov 2014 & she applied for my sponsorship. when she reached there she realized that she is pregnant. then she came back in 1st May 2015 to deliver the baby here in UAE.
We had a baby boy in August 2015. not we are waiting for decision on my sponsorship application.
Now her stay outside Canada is more than 6 month . we are planning to go back in April 2016
is this OK or there ll be some complications ?

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
imran364 said:
My Wife got PR in Jan 2014 she came here in UAE in 16 June 2014 we got married . then she returned to Canada in 27 Nov 2014 & she applied for my sponsorship. when she reached there she realized that she is pregnant. then she came back in 1st May 2015 to deliver the baby here in UAE.
We had a baby boy in August 2015. not we are waiting for decision on my sponsorship application.
Now her stay outside Canada is more than 6 month . we are planning to go back in April 2016
is this OK or there ll be some complications ?
Hi,
Ur wife should ideally be in Canada, if she has applied for your sponsorship. That is one of the requirements. If they ask her why she is outside Canada it can be a problem for your sponsorship. As the child is born outside Canada, in UAE, your wife can apply for TRP from Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi for the child, in this way they child will be able to travel with you and your wife. I would suggest if your wife can put in the Sponsorship application for the child as well now, as in this case your and your child case will be finalized together and both of you (you and your child) will be able to land in Canada as PR. TRP route is stressful. As once your child is on TRP then again you and your wife will need to sponsor the child as PR, and it is a time consuming process.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh boy....I need to travel in January and I don't have any news on PR card yet. :'( :'( :'( :'(