+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

mami_79

Mar 3, 2010
blueboy said:
Oh boy....I need to travel in January and I don't have any news on PR card yet. :'( :'( :'( :'(
I also need to travel early January. Even though the status on ecas showing that my application was approved on 21 Sep but until now I have not received PR card or a letter to pick up PR card yet. I tried calling CIC call center yesterday but the lady kept saying that my application is still within processing time so I just have to wait....

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
blueboy said:
End of July
Seems like it will take a month more until they touch your file. Mine in July 5th. I ordered GCMS notes and in that I can see they touched my application on October 16th.

Order GCMS notes and see the status. It will also mention when they received your application. GCMS will take 30 days to arrive by email.

Below is the link to request for it.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
mami_79 said:
I also need to travel early January. Even though the status on ecas showing that my application was approved on 21 Sep but until now I have not received PR card or a letter to pick up PR card yet. I tried calling CIC call center yesterday but the lady kept saying that my application is still within processing time so I just have to wait....
Hi Mami_79. I would suggest order your GCMS notes. In that you will see the status. It will take 30 days to arrive by email from the date you apply. I just got mine yesterday, and I can see that they just touched my file on October 16th.

Here is the link to order the GCMS notes.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueboy said:
Oh boy....I need to travel in January and I don't have any news on PR card yet. :'( :'( :'( :'(
I would suggest to call them and ask what sort of help they can offer you.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kbanatwala said:
Seems like it will take a month more until they touch your file. Mine in July 5th. I ordered GCMS notes and in that I can see they touched my application on October 16th.

Order GCMS notes and see the status. It will also mention when they received your application. GCMS will take 30 days to arrive by email.

Below is the link to request for it.

Hi there, I've got a quick question - can someone order ATIP GCMS notes report for PR card renewal process even though there is nothing shows up on ecase online??
Does your PR card renewal application status show "In progress" on ecase already?
Thanks.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
HighFive said:
Hi there, I've got a quick question - can someone order ATIP GCMS notes report for PR card renewal process even though there is nothing shows up on ecase online??
Does your PR card renewal application status show "In progress" on ecase already?
Thanks.
Yes you can. I did for mine. As I was concerned if they received my application, as they dont send any confirmation. My GCMS notes showed when they received it.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
HighFive said:
Thanks.
My PR Card renewal still does not show anything on ECASE.

xmahlx

Jun 18, 2015
I finally got an update

We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 2, 2015.
We started processing your application on October 26, 2015.

It says In Process

I had to put my maiden name in, instead of my married name.

Tteokbokki

Oct 31, 2015
I am EXTREMELY fortunate that I only had to wait 9 days from the day I mailed my application to getting my new PR card. Granted that I did indicate URGENT Proof of Travel Included, the website said that it will take minimum 3 weeks to process urgent applications.

I mailed the application Oct 19. They received it Oct 21. At the back of my card, it indicated everything was processed as of Oct 22. It took them 1 day to review my application. I got the card mailed (standard mail) on Oct 28 here in Vancouver.

I think the key is to write clearly, file the documents accordingly and just submit as much supporting documents that you can, I included record of landing, very detailed travel history, income tax documents for all 5 years.

Goodluck to everyone!

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Tteokbokki said:
I am EXTREMELY fortunate that I only had to wait 9 days from the day I mailed my application to getting my new PR card. Granted that I did indicate URGENT Proof of Travel Included, the website said that it will take minimum 3 weeks to process urgent applications.

I mailed the application Oct 19. They received it Oct 21. At the back of my card, it indicated everything was processed as of Oct 22. It took them 1 day to review my application. I got the card mailed (standard mail) on Oct 28 here in Vancouver.

I think the key is to write clearly, file the documents accordingly and just submit as much supporting documents that you can, I included record of landing, very detailed travel history, income tax documents for all 5 years.

Goodluck to everyone!
Congratulations.... That was very quick.... Can you please let us know what Proof of Travel had you included?

Kind Regards

Kamran

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
xmahlx said:
I finally got an update

We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 2, 2015.
We started processing your application on October 26, 2015.

It says In Process

I had to put my maiden name in, instead of my married name.
Congratulations... It should be ready soon.

Tteokbokki

Oct 31, 2015
kbanatwala said:
Congratulations.... That was very quick.... Can you please let us know what Proof of Travel had you included?

Kind Regards

Kamran

Hi! I just included a receipt/invoice from our travel agent (Flight Center) that indicated our flight itinerary and hotel accomodations. The invoice did indicate that the amount and the package is non-changeable and non-refundable. That might have been the biggest factor for CIC to fast-track my application.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Tteokbokki said:
Hi! I just included a receipt/invoice from our travel agent (Flight Center) that indicated our flight itinerary and hotel accomodations. The invoice did indicate that the amount and the package is non-changeable and non-refundable. That might have been the biggest factor for CIC to fast-track my application.
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know. How many months ahead was your itinerary when you submitted your application?