Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
07-03-2018
Hey Guys

I am so glad I read your thread ... :)

I just received my COPR and I am about to travel to Canada ..
I was always under the impression that they take the photo from the COPR that we submit .. Is photo request for the PR card a standard process? If thats the case then I have a few questions ..
1) How many photos do we need to submit ?
2) Do we need to submit the same photo that was pasted on the COPR by the Canadian Authorities ?

Would be glad if anyone of you could answers my silly questions ;)
If the photos are as per their specs, they would accept those that are stapled with COPR you received. If not, you will receive a photos request email or letter on your provided address (during your immigration process upon landing).

For my son, we got photos request, but remaining of my family members received PR cards through the COPR photos.

Best,

mkumar2

Dec 4, 2017
someone i know landed recently. He was told by the officials during landing that the photo specifications had changes recently. and they took another photo for him.
anyways i got PR card finally :)
even if you're asked to resubmit the photos. please don't worry. go to a professional photographer in Canada and get it clicked again. It's just few $ extra expense. Your PR is already approved that's why they allowed inside the country.

Live life

May 6, 2017
Hi just got a photo request for myself and spouse but nothing for my Son.

1.Does it mean that his photo is acceptable?
2. I got photos clicked just before I left india in March. Can I send these to ircc. Hope there is no requirement on the photos to be clicked in Canada only.

Thanks

mkumar2

Dec 4, 2017
Hi just got a photo request for myself and spouse but nothing for my Son.

1.Does it mean that his photo is acceptable?
2. I got photos clicked just before I left india in March. Can I send these to ircc. Hope there is no requirement on the photos to be clicked in Canada only.

Thanks
1. If there's no request for your son's photo. It means his is accepted. You can call them and ask for updates on his application. Though wait times on phone is really long :(
2. If the photos you got clicked in March meets the specifications and are not ones you submitted earlier, you can submit them. There's no requirement the photos need to be clicked in Canada only.
But recheck all specifications for photos are met, as per latest email/request you got, before you submit them.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Same case. I landed on April 5 and received a photo renewal request on May 17. Sent the photos on June 20, still no PR cards.
I have got a familly emergency so I am back to my country since 17 May and I have to come back to CANADA. I have been told that there is a new law saying that if I spend more than 6 month outside I could lost my PR status.
That's nonsense. There's no such law. All you have to do is stay in the country for 2 years out of every 5 to maintain your status.

babsi123

Apr 26, 2018
Original application was received on February 26th. They received the application again with new photos on April 12th. Just got an e-mail that the card was approved on July 18th.

So it added 6 weeks.

nik3063

Feb 13, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I submitted my passport for visa stamping, but the photographs DO NOT have the stamp from the studio. They just include my name and DOB.

Will I get the visa stamped or will I need to resubmit my passport ?

Thank you in advance for your support

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I submitted my passport for visa stamping, but the photographs DO NOT have the stamp from the studio. They just include my name and DOB.

Will I get the visa stamped or will I need to resubmit my passport ?

Thank you in advance for your support
You can handwrite studio address and dates.

Moana1128

Apr 30, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
04-07-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Hi. I landed on 4th August and got a request to resubmit photos for the PR card today. My husband also got a similar request. But no email for the kids. Does it mean the kids' photos are okay? Or is their rejection/resubmission request going to come by regular mail? I'm planning to get those photos clicked tomorrow. Should I do the kids' ones as well?

mandeeps_dhami

Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Oct 2017
Nomination.....
21 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
1 Feb 2018
Passport Req..
21 Mar 2018
VISA ISSUED...
10 Apr 2018
Okay so still waiting for the PR card.
Photos still not updated (when I called IRCC for update on my application)
Mycic account shows PR application in progress and final decision yet to be made.

Though I went to ICBC for licence extension. They did provided the extension till October 30th 2017 and said even incase if I don't receive the PR card by October 30th 2017, I can come again and get the extension again for the same.
Hello,
Similar is the case with me, I have also sent my Photos, which have been received on 27 Aug 2018.
Can you help me, how to track my INITIAL PR card application status??

kast29

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Brazil
Category........
CEC
They don’t email for the kids. They send in regular mail.

Hi. I landed on 4th August and got a request to resubmit photos for the PR card today. My husband also got a similar request. But no email for the kids. Does it mean the kids' photos are okay? Or is their rejection/resubmission request going to come by regular mail? I'm planning to get those photos clicked tomorrow. Should I do the kids' ones as well?