+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card processing after photo request

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hey Guys

I am so glad I read your thread ... :)

I just received my COPR and I am about to travel to Canada ..
I was always under the impression that they take the photo from the COPR that we submit .. Is photo request for the PR card a standard process? If thats the case then I have a few questions ..
1) How many photos do we need to submit ?
2) Do we need to submit the same photo that was pasted on the COPR by the Canadian Authorities ?

Would be glad if anyone of you could answers my silly questions ;)
Congratulations on receiving your COPR!

It's not a standard procedure to ask for photos. The photos on COPR are the ones that is used for making the PR cards. But in some cases like, the photos are rejected due to not as per standard issue. And the applicant is asked to submit new photos (2) exactly as per the specifications (also one photo stamped on on reverse from the photographer with the name and DOB of the applicant).

It's not necessary that you would be asked for new photos, only when they find that the photos provided with COPR couldn't work, then they ask for new photos.

Rest make sure you give some additional copies of your photos (as per standard) to the immigration officer while making landing. They might accept it or not but if they accept then you'll be having peace of mind regarding photo request procedure.

Rest best of luck :)

May 2, 2017
i'm in the same boat my dad & mom did landing on May 31, 2017. We did received the PR card for my mom but they requested my dad new pictures on June 27, 2017 for the PR card. We sent the new pictures same day via canada post and they received the pictures on June 30, 2017. we are still waiting for his new PR card. Is anybody in same situation as mine. Or if somebody has an idea when can i expect his new PR card.

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Finally received PR cards for me and my family! Received on Tuesday i.e. 12 September 2017

PR journey finally successful! Thank god for the opportunity and success!

Best of luck and I pray for the success of other aspirants and applicants!

Hope for the best! :)

jedi_jam

Star Member
May 26, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
if ever they'll ask another set of photos for my pr card and im not in canada? is it okay to send these photos from other country?

Congratulations on receiving your COPR!

It's not a standard procedure to ask for photos. The photos on COPR are the ones that is used for making the PR cards. But in some cases like, the photos are rejected due to not as per standard issue. And the applicant is asked to submit new photos (2) exactly as per the specifications (also one photo stamped on on reverse from the photographer with the name and DOB of the applicant).

It's not necessary that you would be asked for new photos, only when they find that the photos provided with COPR couldn't work, then they ask for new photos.

Rest make sure you give some additional copies of your photos (as per standard) to the immigration officer while making landing. They might accept it or not but if they accept then you'll be having peace of mind regarding photo request procedure.

Rest best of luck :)

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
if ever they'll ask another set of photos for my pr card and im not in canada? is it okay to send these photos from other country?
I think it is okay to send the photos from anywhere provided they are as per the specifications. Photographer stamp on rear of photo is must in one of the two photos. Do follow the specifications closely to avoid any further hassles.

SachinKaushik

Jun 11, 2015
I am in the same boat...landed on 26th may and got the request to send the photos again on july 30. Last i checked , they are processing applications july 4 around (having requested for photos again). So i guess that makes me guess i ll have to wait for another 2 weeks before i expect the PR cards.

May 2, 2017
I am in the same boat...landed on 26th may and got the request to send the photos again on july 30. Last i checked , they are processing applications july 4 around (having requested for photos again). So i guess that makes me guess i ll have to wait for another 2 weeks before i expect the PR cards.
did you got the PR card i'm still waiting for the PR card for my father.

Hope to hear from you soon

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi Friends,

I landed 12-Sept-2017 and got notified on 30-Oct-2017 that the photos for the PR card I had sent across from my former country were not as per specification. My wife too got a similar message. So we sent across a fresh set of photos taken in Toronto in Nov-2017. However after a 2 month wait, I got notified on 19-Jan-2018 that the photos were still not acceptable and have been asked to send these again. Strangely my wife's photos passed and mine did not though we used the same photo studio.

Now if I resend again my overall wait will be for a total of 6 months, as I will receive the PR card (if approved) only after a 60 day waiting period. My concerns are:
1) My COPR will expire by 23-Jan-2018. Though I do have SIN, DL and Health card.
2) Will I be able to travel outside Canada and be allowed to enter back, as my COPR card will expire and I do not have a PR card; but only a DL and SIN? Is there another document I can use to enter Canada again

Thanks!

subgaj

Jan 17, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-05-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS done on 21 DEC 2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-04-2017
Passport Req..
14-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-11-2017
Hi Friends,

I landed 12-Sept-2017 and got notified on 30-Oct-2017 that the photos for the PR card I had sent across from my former country were not as per specification. My wife too got a similar message. So we sent across a fresh set of photos taken in Toronto in Nov-2017. However after a 2 month wait, I got notified on 19-Jan-2018 that the photos were still not acceptable and have been asked to send these again. Strangely my wife's photos passed and mine did not though we used the same photo studio.

Now if I resend again my overall wait will be for a total of 6 months, as I will receive the PR card (if approved) only after a 60 day waiting period. My concerns are:
1) My COPR will expire by 23-Jan-2018. Though I do have SIN, DL and Health card.
2) Will I be able to travel outside Canada and be allowed to enter back, as my COPR card will expire and I do not have a PR card; but only a DL and SIN? Is there another document I can use to enter Canada again

Thanks!
You can apply for a PRTD if you do not have the PR card with you. Here is the link to that:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

lisa123456

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hi everyone.
I just received a passport request and sent my passport with 2 photos.I guess I'm waiting for COPR now? Could you please tell me what the next steps are/what can I expect? Will I have to provide another set of photos?
When does the PR Card go into processing? (I noticed that the processing time shown on the ircc website is 61 days, from which day?)

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi everyone.
I just received a passport request and sent my passport with 2 photos.I guess I'm waiting for COPR now? Could you please tell me what the next steps are/what can I expect? Will I have to provide another set of photos?
When does the PR Card go into processing? (I noticed that the processing time shown on the ircc website is 61 days, from which day?)
The PR Card processing time starts on the day you arrive in Canada with the CoPR and you've completed your 'landing' with a CBSA officer. When you arrive in Canada you'll present the CoPR to CBSA and you'll be asked a few questions. You'll then sign the CoPR in front of the officer, and the officer will finalize everything in the computer systems. From this point on, and only after this point will you be a Permanent Resident (not before). Be sure to update the visa office of any change in circumstance (births, deaths, marriage, divorce, etc) before you go to Canada. The officer should also ask you about this when you arrive, but it's incumbent on you to self-declare anything that may be relevant.

The officer will also ask you for an address in Canada where the PR cards will be sent and this will be input in to the system. You don't have to do anything else to get the cards, unless specifically asked. You will have submitted photos with your passport, and these will be in the system and used to generate the PR Card.

Reactions: lisa123456

lisa123456

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
The PR Card processing time starts on the day you arrive in Canada with the CoPR and you've completed your 'landing' with a CBSA officer. When you arrive in Canada you'll present the CoPR to CBSA and you'll be asked a few questions. You'll then sign the CoPR in front of the officer, and the officer will finalize everything in the computer systems. From this point on, and only after this point will you be a Permanent Resident (not before). Be sure to update the visa office of any change in circumstance (births, deaths, marriage, divorce, etc) before you go to Canada. The officer should also ask you about this when you arrive, but it's incumbent on you to self-declare anything that may be relevant.

The officer will also ask you for an address in Canada where the PR cards will be sent and this will be input in to the system. You don't have to do anything else to get the cards, unless specifically asked. You will have submitted photos with your passport, and these will be in the system and used to generate the PR Card.
Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply!

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi Friends,

Thanks!
1. COPR expiration date is only valid for your first entry or landing. Once you have finished you landing, the COPR expiration date does not matter as you completed landing before that date.
2. If you travel internationally without your PR card, you will not be allowed to board the flight to Canada without a PR card or PR travel document. COPR is not valid for re-entry in-lieu of PR card (used to be valid few years back but the rules have changed).

Reactions: sundar17feb99

mkumar2

Dec 4, 2017
same situation here. landed in Vancouver BC on 15Feb, received email for new photos on 26 march. Office received my photos on 4th April. Still waiting for card.
any idea on how long would this take?