+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Pickup in Person

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
I was called to come pick up my renewed PR card in person from the Ottawa office as I currently reside in US with my Canadian citizen spouse. I requested for my appointment to pick up the PR Card to a Monday, but they rescheduled it to the closest Wednesday. Does the Ottawa office do PR card pickups only on Wednesdays?

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
I was called to come pick up my renewed PR card in person from the Ottawa office as I currently reside in US with my Canadian citizen spouse. I requested for my appointment to pick up the PR Card to a Monday, but they rescheduled it to the closest Wednesday. Does the Ottawa office do PR card pickups only on Wednesdays?
Sorry I am not aware of Ottawa pickups. Did you apply under Humanitarian Grounds?

zee1234

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Hi. I am waiting for an email to pick up the PR card. When you received the email, was it scheduled for the next day or roughly after how many days after? Thanks in advance

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
@shevas2003 Other than picking it up in person, did you have any issues? How many physical days present t did you have in Canada? Just wondering; I am always interested in experiences/what happens for those accompanying Canadian citizens abroad, as that is my situation.

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
@shevas2003 Other than picking it up in person, did you have any issues? How many physical days present t did you have in Canada? Just wondering; I am always interested in experiences/what happens for those accompanying Canadian citizens abroad, as that is my situation.
No other issues and I didn’t have any physical days in Canada, maybe 3-4 days per year when I go for my H4 visa stamping. But we live in USA and I sent all proof of being with my Canadian spouse the whole time. My old & 1st PR card had expired in 2009 and I was applying to renew after 13 years

zee1234

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
I received an email on February 23rd with a pickup date on March 8th! I rescheduled it to May and that was no issue
Thank you. I need to travel urgently so I am hoping to reschedule the appointment for an earlier date. Not sure if that would work though!

Ghumti

Jul 31, 2023
@shevas2003 can you explain your experience to pick up the PR card? What all documents were checked? How long did it take?
I’m in same situation, came to pick up PR card with my family from US. I renewed my PR card based on accompanying Canadian spouse in USA. I’m picking it up this Wednesday