+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photo Issue

ciscawy

Aug 23, 2017
Two months back I have asked CIC about the same issue and they have instructed me as the following
"
If you would like to have proof that your photos were received, you may use registered or express mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc. Please instruct the courier service to use this address:

Case Processing Centre - PRC
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
"
By the way , My wife photos arrived to the processing center safely and I have the PR now.

omarb79

Nov 29, 2016
I have similar case where my Photos have been rejected on 29 Sep and i submitted the new Photos again using registered mail and IRCC received them on 03 Oct and til now there is no update which is more than 1 one half month.

I called IRCC to check the current status of my application, they will not give more details but at least you can check if they received the photos.

From Outside Canada you can reach them on 1 613 944 4000 Than you need to follow the instructions.

I followed the below instructions (i recorded them in case i need to reach the customer service again) to reach the customer service to check my case, you can try it might be helpful but expect to have long waiting time, i was waiting for around 40 minutes prior to reach the agent

Choose 1 Than 1 Than 1 Than the Call Will Transfer to Citizen & Immigration
Keep on English Than choose 1 Than 1 Than 3

omarb79

Nov 29, 2016
By the way , My wife photos arrived to the processing center safely and I have the PR now.
Please can i know after how much time you received the PR of your wife ? i'm waiting for more than 1,5 month and not yet received

omarb79

Nov 29, 2016
they are currently processing 12th October photo requests.
Last Thursday 06 Dec i received again e-mail from IRCC that the photos also didn't match with the specs and again i get new photos, does this happened with anyone where the photos have been rejected for 2 times !!!

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Last Thursday 06 Dec i received again e-mail from IRCC that the photos also didn't match with the specs and again i get new photos, does this happened with anyone where the photos have been rejected for 2 times !!!
Yes, it did happen to one of my friend. He got photo requests twice. By any chance are you out of the country?

omarb79

Nov 29, 2016
Yes, it did happen to one of my friend. He got photo requests twice. By any chance are you out of the country?
Yes I'm, your friend who faced this situation was outside the country or was inside ? do you expect that this time will get more time as they will be off for Christmas and New Year holidays ?

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Yes I'm, your friend who faced this situation was outside the country or was inside ? do you expect that this time will get more time as they will be off for Christmas and New Year holidays ?
He was inside the country. Yes it will get more. CIC won't be totally close during Christmas/New year. There will be less staff working and the process will be slow.

Manojgdv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Guys need your suggestions

My wife received a email stating photo doesn’t match..we are currently out of Canada and we did soft landing and are currently in USA.

How to find out if mine and my kids photos are accepted?will they inform if I call cic?

Can I get my wife photo done here at USA and courier them through ups directly from here.

What is the process of checking or changing the address at cic as I noticed in the email sent to my wife the Address is wrong,so doubting even it’s the case with mine and my kids address

How will cic communicate if kids photo didn’t match the pr card requirements?If it’s by post I doubt that the address at their end is wrong

Please help me with your inputs

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
I landed in Toronto Airport on Dec11,2018.I contacted cic call centre and I am told that your photograph is not required.Even Immigration Officers also asked me that I will receive my PR card within 6 to 8 weeks.Please guide me if am required or I will be demanded photograph? For new issuance of my PR card?

shreerajp99

Mar 25, 2018
Hi, i sent my photos through USPS and got a message on my tracking number stating the package was refused. Should i be resending my pictures now to the below address as the address provided on pdf doesn't seem to work? I'll call the call center team as well tomorrow. Thanks in advance for the help!

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Alekhine

Feb 17, 2019
I am facing this same challenge, my passport has been rejected 3 times and I am currently out of the country. Could this be an issue?

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
I landed in Toronto Airport on Dec11,2018.I contacted cic call centre and I am told that your photograph is not required.Even Immigration Officers also asked me that I will receive my PR card within 6 to 8 weeks.Please guide me if am required or I will be demanded photograph? For new issuance of my PR card?
Hi there,

I have a similar question.

We landed in Toronto in January and the immigration officer at the airport did not mention anything about up to date pictures required for the PR cards. He just said that we should recieve the PR cards in post within 6-8 weeks.

It has now been 8 weeks since we landed, but we have neither recieved the PR cards in post (which I appreciate may take longer), nor have we recieved any email requests for up to date photos.

I am wondering the same thing - do you always always get a request for up to date photos or is it on case to case basis?

Does anyone know?

Thank you

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi, i sent my photos through USPS and got a message on my tracking number stating the package was refused. Should i be resending my pictures now to the below address as the address provided on pdf doesn't seem to work? I'll call the call center team as well tomorrow. Thanks in advance for the help!

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Do you know who refused it?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi there,

I have a similar question.

We landed in Toronto in January and the immigration officer at the airport did not mention anything about up to date pictures required for the PR cards. He just said that we should recieve the PR cards in post within 6-8 weeks.

It has now been 8 weeks since we landed, but we have neither recieved the PR cards in post (which I appreciate may take longer), nor have we recieved any email requests for up to date photos.

I am wondering the same thing - do you always always get a request for up to date photos or is it on case to case basis?

Does anyone know?

Thank you
You will get an email if they want the photographs again.