+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photo Issue

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
You will get an email if they want the photographs again.
yes, thats what i understand happens, but i was applying throuhg an agent and he has the access to the emails etc. i have asked him to keep an eye on any messages for us, but in the meantime i want to check some things myself.

Rsandrea09

Sep 2, 2018
Hello

I have a question - I have applied under PNP in Alberta - I have already applied for Federal and I am in the last step, I was asked to send passport as well as this information
"Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf"

I am not in Alberta at the moment and I am wondering if there is any problem if I take my picture in Ottawa or Quebec so I can send my passport to them. My main concern is that I am not in Alberta at the moment just traveling and I won\t be back until 3 weeks and they gave me a month to send it but it has already been 2 weeks alreadt, would I have any issue taking my photos in a different province?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

kriti208

Oct 7, 2019
Hello,
I got PPR mail and was requested my passport and two pictures. I did send my package to CIC and now i received COPR. Planning to land next week. Do i need to take photos with me for PR card?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello,
I got PPR mail and was requested my passport and two pictures. I did send my package to CIC and now i received COPR. Planning to land next week. Do i need to take photos with me for PR card?
No, after landing they will start processing PR card. If the photos are rejected, you will get an email to send again.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You can take the pictures anywhere, even in another country.
Hello

I have a question - I have applied under PNP in Alberta - I have already applied for Federal and I am in the last step, I was asked to send passport as well as this information
"Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf"

I am not in Alberta at the moment and I am wondering if there is any problem if I take my picture in Ottawa or Quebec so I can send my passport to them. My main concern is that I am not in Alberta at the moment just traveling and I won\t be back until 3 weeks and they gave me a month to send it but it has already been 2 weeks alreadt, would I have any issue taking my photos in a different province?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

mvei

Dec 28, 2019
Hello,
I've received my COPR but just now I realized that my photo is older than 6 months. Should I take a new one and take it with me when landing?
I don't want to wait to be rejected as I have to travel outside Canada in 2 months and I doubt I would receive the PR card before that.

Vraj79

Jul 3, 2021
Hi, I did my soft landing and returned back to another country. However my photo which I've submitted for PR card at the IRCC while submitting my passport got rejected. The officer at the Port of Entry did not take my photo. I have taken a new photo now. Below are my Questions;
  1. Can I E mail my photo to someone in Canada, print / stamp and post to the Case officer?.
  2. If its mandatory to send the photo stamped from the country I am In, Can I stamp it and send to my relative in Canada and ask him to Post to case officer?
  3. If its still mandatory to send the photo stamped and also posted from the country I am In, Can I send a courier like Fed Ex etc. since I understand that Courier cannot accept PO box deliveries?
  4. Stamp it and send to my relative in Canada through courier and ask him via Canada Post to case officer?

My photos have to be sent to below address

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1